Texas, USA

Listing for the Central Texas region, Killeen/Fort Hood, where the III Corps "Phantom Warriors" reign, and 45 minutes south on I35 to Austin, home of the Bell of Lost Souls and the Fly Lords of Terra. Possibly the most dense target-rich environment in Texas for 40K and miniature wargaming, though Dallas and San Antonio boast numbers as well, if you're willing to road-trip it.

Killeen Stores - Book Stan, 204 N Fort Hood St # D, Killeen TX

America's Heroes Comics & Games, 104 W Rancier Ave, Killeen TX*

Battlefield Games, 2201 W Stan Schlueter Loop A30, Killeen TX*

Austin Stores - BattleForge Games, 2700 West Anderson Lane, Austin TX*

Dragon's Lair, 6111 Burnet Rd, Austin TX*

Ninja Pirate, 100 12th St # 105, Pflugerville, TX

* = gaming space available

Hey everyone, just checking in for San Antonio Texas. We have a couple good game shops around here that I know of, but I frequent Central Command Games. I'm usually there on Fridays, so if any of y'all are ever in the area don't be afraid to drop by.( I don't bite much :rolleyes: ) I'm the tall skinny kid with the glasses usually building something or being asked about rules. Hope to see some of y'all there in the near future. Just ask for Madler.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I'm going into the Army on the 29th and I was curious to see if there were any other enlisted Military playing 40k? I wont be able to play for 9 weeks but hope to put together a game at Ft Sam in mid July!

"Military players" is way too vague and also too exclusive based on the goals of this forum. Based on your closing statement, I've edited the topic title accordingly and am moving it to the geographic locations sub-forum.

Well Inquisitor your best bet for a game in the middle of July is to drive down to San Antonio and look up either Dragon's Lair (if you have arranged a game already), Gamelot, or Central Command Games (which I now work at). If you need directions don't hesitate to PM me.

• 2 months later...

Killeen Stores - Book Stan, 204 N Fort Hood St # D, Killeen TX

Ahhhh,....a favorite old haunt. Carl is a good man.

Severus6

Its a real good location; lots of gamers and folks who generally like to hang out with that crowd regardless of what you play. I was always taken real good care of at "Book Stan". I am not very familiar with the other places, but variety can never hurt.

Severus6

I'm in Richardson (just north of Dallas), and I'm always looking to set up a game. I've got a pretty decent collection of terrain if needed. Anyone in the area, just contact me through the site if you're interested. With gas being so high now, I just don't have the desire to drive to Grapevine to get to the GW store these days, and even Hobbytown USA is a bit far for me (even more since they moved to the Tollway and Park Ln).

If anyone is super-local and wants to set up some sort of league or campaign, I'd be interested, and might even run something myself.

General Retreat

Edited by General Retreat

I posted in the Central Texas one, too, since they mentioned the Dallas scene.

Myself, a buddy of mine, and both of our girls have been playing 40K for about two years now. We play UM, Tau, Eldar, and Orks, and we're all casual gamers working slowly on the mound of painting, and new-ish players. We're in that perfectly wrong spot of Dallas that is just too far away from HobbytownUSA and the GW store in Grapevine, here in Richardson.

If there are any other players in the Richardson or North Garland or North Dallas area who would like to hook up for some impromptu games, contact me through the site, and I'd be more than happy to include you in our games. We don't get to play very often, and I'm probably the most gung-ho player of the group, so I'm ALWAYS looking to set up a game, but between work and more work, I don't have much time to play. The best times to set up games would be in the evenings, 6-10ish on weeknights. I'm also planning on starting a narrative campaign for the group, and anyone interested and willing to play a regular twice a month game would be an awesome addition.

General Retreat

im new in the san antonio area. i frequent dragons lair mostly on tuesdays all day.

hey Tanin. could you please have the mods for central command accept my registration. ive been trying to get on that board for months now. was going to check out the shop but wanted to set up a game before driving 1/2 hour out there. thanks

I also live in San Antonio, former Air Force. I gamed at Central Command a little, and thought Todd was awesome, but most of the people that frequented that place didn't feel friendly... Asking people if they'd like to play a game and being told they don't have time, then a friend of theirs walks in, asks them the same thing and they play a game for about 2 hours... that was probably my last straw. I miss joking around with Todd, but the rest of the "regulars" I met gave me a bit of a cold shoulder.

I played at Alien Worlds when it was located at Ingram Mall a lot, run by the old Mike and Suzan. People were always friendly there. The store dropped out of Warhammer and was more focused on comics but it seems to have recently come back to the Warhammer mindset, so I'm looking at gaming there. The new Mike is also great to talk to.

SunTzu I'll talk to Todd tommorow about accepting your forum application. And Reign I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the store. If you would like to come back and try the store out again I for one am always looking for new people to play against.

cool thanks Tanin.

i think im going up to the central command today and check it out. hopefully i dont get the cold shoulder like Reign did.

I live in Wichita Falls, thats about 2 hours north of Dallas, Sheppard AFB is up here so we have alot of contact with the military community as well. If you are ever around drop in at Galaxy Comics and Games on Kemp street. Friday nights there are usually 5-10 of us up there painting, modeling and playing. We run tournament events from time to time as well if thats your thing.

EH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So I'm over near Dublin, TX, way out in the middle of nowhere, just about equidistant from both Dallas and Killeen and Austin. Been out of WH40k for probably a year and a half, trying to get back into it. Missed the whole release of 5th Ed, so you might say I'm a bit... rusty. There used to be a place about 30 minutes from me I'd frequent in Stephenville, but I'm pretty sure it ain't there anymore. Just looking to get some friendly games to get used to the 5th Ed rules or something. Don't really have a problem driving, I'm used to driving 30 minutes just to get fast food. :D

• 1 month later...

Anybody else from Baytown? Please say yes.

I don't think my brother is really going to get into 40K.

I've got the Assault on Black Reach, I'm looking to start a Chaos army, but the nearest GW store is in bloody Rice Village.

• 1 month later...

Since 5 months or so there is a new GW store in Town Center in Sugar Land, Texas.

We started a player's league for all the 40k players in the area and are now hosting year-round tournament seasons, with 6 weeks per season.

Check us out at www.theangrymarines.com