Texas, USA

• 5 weeks later...
I also live in San Antonio, former Air Force. I gamed at Central Command a little, and thought Todd was awesome, but most of the people that frequented that place didn't feel friendly... Asking people if they'd like to play a game and being told they don't have time, then a friend of theirs walks in, asks them the same thing and they play a game for about 2 hours... that was probably my last straw. I miss joking around with Todd, but the rest of the "regulars" I met gave me a bit of a cold shoulder.

I played at Alien Worlds when it was located at Ingram Mall a lot, run by the old Mike and Suzan. People were always friendly there. The store dropped out of Warhammer and was more focused on comics but it seems to have recently come back to the Warhammer mindset, so I'm looking at gaming there. The new Mike is also great to talk to.

I am the OLD Mike...

Looking to perhaps return to San Antonio or even Houston area...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a new player in the Denton area looking for someone to start a campaign with.

One thing I would be interested in is a Xeno player or Chaos player wanting to get involved in my DIY chapter's story and play a campaign to decide that story.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yo! New to the site, 40k and gaming in general but I'm looking to get into the Dallas 40k community. I'm leaning more towards beer and swearing clubs than meet at stores but whatever works. I'm building a SW army and looking to get some games in if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anybody else from Baytown? Please say yes.

I don't think my brother is really going to get into 40K.

I've got the Assault on Black Reach, I'm looking to start a Chaos army, but the nearest GW store is in bloody Rice Village.

Of course, this was posted over a year ago, and I'm not sure that you still even play...

In Dickenson, there is Predator games. They are very busy with 40k people on the few Saturdays that I've been in there to pick up stuff.

Closer to you is Skirmish Games, in Deer Park. But they look like a card game store than a 40k place. Not sure about your luck there.

Edited by Kronk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey all, I'm going to be driving up to San Antonio on Thursday and looking to get a game or 2 in. I don't know the area that well so if anyone can recommend a good venue to just find someone and play that would be awesome. I will be there Thursday and/or Friday and with 'Ard Boyz pretty close I figure I can help someone try out their list before the tourney. Let me know which day would be better as I can only be there one of those 2 days.

I play out of Skirmish games in Deer Park... occasionally. They always tell me that there is alot of 40K players... but I've only seen 1 other game happen other than our own. Basically I always see the same 3-4 ppl even interested in the game when we play and that is the same players that I saw playing the 1 other game.

I currently play in a group of 4 guys. We all mostly play something different. I play Chaos mainly and have a sideline of SM Scouts, there is another SM player who played Templars exclusively but has recently switched to C:SM(Diff. to game with as he has 3 kids and no sitter), a Nid player(works out of town in Africa 6 weeks at a time) and an Ork player(lives out in Tomball).

I'm based out of Seabrook and am interested in playing others so that I can learn a more about the game. As it stands, I don't get to play near enough to get the rules down pat, nor do I get the chance to learn to be a better player. Most of our 1000 pt. games never get to be finished due to time crunch and we've never finished a game at 1500pts.

I am in Bedford Texas for a holiday next week, and was wondering where the nearest gaming store was? I want to see what the American scene is like. Wish I could bring my models with me, but putting them in a suitcase from the UK is probably not a good idea. Besides the wife would probably go spare and file for a divorce.

I live in Aubrey...which is near Denton. McKinney, and Frisco. I play with a group out in Rockwall, but want to get some games in on a more regular basis to help motivate my modeling and painting. Anyone in this area?

• 4 weeks later...

You El Paso guys may want to PM Commander Y. He's a painting/converting legend and I'm fairly sure he lives out there.

I think he's won more Golden Demons(of all varieties) than...well...anyone. I think he has a Slayer Sword too.

I'd PM him just for the chance to see his work in person.

Edited by The Emperor's Champion

• 2 weeks later...
Hello again brothers. Just wanted to shout out to anyone close to me. I am located just north of downtown Fort Worth. I posted in here awhile ago but am not sure who still plays. I have been involved in the fluff for a long time and have great knowledge of all things Space Marines. I have no models or TT expeirience but have been interested in making a dive into TT for a long time but cant really get and of my friends interested. I'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about. And Deathwatch will be realesed soon and that looks like a ton of fun so anyone feel free to give me a holler.