Texas, USA

Abilene here, posted to dang Dyess AFB.... stuck in purgatory with no fellow 40k gamers. I'm trying to grow the hobby from scratch by playing demo games in the frackin Magic/Yugioh Card Games shop.

Is there any hope out there? Or do I have to drive 2hours to Fort Worth to find a game?

Great tidings! There's a new store opened here in Abilene, and they are doing everything they can to foster a growing Warhammer 40k community. Very friendly and very motivated to accomodate 40k'ers on the same level of consideration as the Pathfinders, Magic/TCG players and Boardgamers. Wonderful store, and now a small but fun community here in town.

The Gathering Place: http://www.thegatheringplaceabilene.com/

If you're in the Addison/North Dallas area check out Texas Toy Soldier. All products in the store are reduced 24/7 and there are regular 40K leagues and tournaments with some pretty decent prizes. There are other leagues as well (most notably FoW) if you're in to that sort of heresy...

• 3 months later...

Again, the post that Khestra the Unbeheld made back in November is a great site for anyone within a reasonable driving distance to Killeen/Ft Hood.  Battlefield just expanded into what used to be 2 stores in that plaza, so the old store area is all for gaming, and the other 'store' is all the retail.  6-8 gaming tables always set up, and there are a few boards under the tables that can be put over the cardgame tables to increase to approximately 10-12 tables.  Store's now open every day from noon to 10 PM (noon to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays), and there's almost always someone in there to play.  However, do check the BattlefieldGamesTexas website to see if there's some kind of tourney if you're planning on coming in on a Saturday, as tourneys get table priority (as should be expected).

http://battlefieldgamestexas.hoop.la/home is the site of the store in question.  Will (the owner and usually the person running the counter) is a great guy, and his wife Dee is just as great, and both are pretty knowledgeable about the systems in the store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, I live in the Fort WOrth area and was wondering if there are any 40K players around who know of some good places to gather and play a game? 

I used to attend the G.W. at the GrapeVine Mills Mall before they closed shop.  If anyone knows of another G.W. shop, please share.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Savage Shark there's an independent shop called Area 51 very close to where the Grapevine Mills shop used to be. A large number of former players from GW Grapevine usually show up Friday night & Saturday. I'm not at home or I'd post their site but Google Area 51 gaming & it should show up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I live in the Fort WOrth area and was wondering if there are any 40K players around who know of some good places to gather and play a game? 

I used to attend the G.W. at the GrapeVine Mills Mall before they closed shop.  If anyone knows of another G.W. shop, please share.

There is a GW up on preston ridge in frisco, I have heard Evolution Games 6212 McCart Ave Fort Worth, TX 76133 has tables available for our kind of stuff, I'm from your area as well, maybe a little west of ft worth.

Edit: ps: I have tyranids as well as blood angels.

Edited by 8vTRH

So just moved here to Waco. Anyone near by or know of a place near to Waco to get some games in or just to watch some?

I am also in waco, although I do most of my gaming in kileen we do try to play at the game closet here in waco on saturdays if your looking for some local gaming join "warhammer 40k waco" facebook page and ask around for some games.

anyone in hurst want to get a game set up?? i have a 1800pt Plague Marine army. i am new to 40k and want to play as often so i can learn as much as possible. anyone interested let me know!!!!!

Try Gen X, off of 157,near Trinity Highschool

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will soon be moving the Great Company to the deserts of Fort Bliss and lovely El Paso. Can anyone provide me with some intel on the gaming scene there? I have found two shops on Google but their reviews aren't overly helpful.

Sunrise Games & Comics

All Star Comics & Games

I'm heading there in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I have been away from 40K for a year or more playing other games with friends and moving cities *again* kind of all got in the way.

Anyway, I will be back close to my old home town on business next week. Does anyone know if there is a game shop in the Big Spring, TX area? I know there is Dave's store in Midland but I was hoping to find someplace I have never been.

• 3 weeks later...
I got a few games in -- thank you Sam and Erika for the hospitality! -- while I was back in Texas. I never did find the Big Spring hobby shop but people told me there is one there somewhere. I did find a new store in Odessa that was not there before. West Texas Cards and Games. It's a wonderful, clean and cool (temperature wise as well as attitude) shop on 42nd street.

• 2 months later...

I am moving from Colorado down to Texas in December. Specifically, the McAllen/Edinburg area (yes, ALL the way down south). Anybody here go to Myth Adventures (seems to be the main shop that isn't just comics and cards). My chaos may need some people to smish....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...