National Capital Region, USA

Thraximus

Looking for players in Maryland. I live fairly reasonably within range of the Glen Burnie Battle bunker, Arundel Mills GW, and maybe even Annapolis GW. But if anybody knows places closer to DC, even better!

Thraximus!

• 1 month later...

I live in Pasadena myself. I'd love to get a game going with some fellow B&Cers, but I'm the slowest modeler in the world and I fear that my DIY army won't be table ready for months. Probably right around the time 5th edition comes out I'll have 1000 to 1500 points. I do have Blood Angels and Space Wolves I bought off of eBay when people were purging their 3rd edition stuff, so I might be able to scrounge a force together there... might require a little proxying however.

I'm real close to Annapolis, Arundel Mills, and Glen Burnie... but would be willing to travel to the DC area. Feel free to PM me if/when you guys want to do something. It's sometimes hard to find time to play, but I really want to get back into a game. It's been too long since I played last.

Has anyone spent any time at the battle bunker in Glen Burnie? What's the crowd like there? I've been by a couple of times, but always in the afternoon or on weeknights and it's been empty.

I like that you can order FW stuff there. When I get back to the states I'll probably be dropping some money on some kits. Do they ever have anything in stock or it it strictly by order?

The place really is in the middle of nowhere though, the first time I drove out there I thought I was lost. I can't believe they put such a huge store in such a terrible location.

On the up side I work about fifteen minutes from the place so one of these days I'll put my minis in the car and head over after work.

The place really is in the middle of nowhere though, the first time I drove out there I thought I was lost. I can't believe they put such a huge store in such a terrible location.

C'mon, guys.... saying it's in the middle of nowhere is a bit unfair. It's more like an abandoned industrial area on the outskirts of nowhere... :)

In all seriousness though, I've never played there but I like shopping there. There's also a local gaming shop called "Games and Comics and Stuff" on B&A Blvd in Glen Burnie... excellent store on the 1st floor and open gaming area on the 2nd. It's more of a role-playing game store, but the owner (great guy) just started WH and WH40k on Monday nights. He swore for years he wouldn't get involved with GW products, but finally succumbed to the lure of the darskide. Anyway... I suggest it as an alternative if the Battle Bunker is too packed or the crowd isn't to anyone's liking.

Edited by Riklanim

C'mon, guys.... saying it's in the middle of nowhere is a bit unfair. It's more like an abandoned industrial area on the outskirts of nowhere... :)

In all seriousness though, I've never played there but I like shopping there. There's also a local gaming shop called "Games and Comics and Stuff" on B&A Blvd in Glen Burnie... excellent store on the 1st floor and open gaming area on the 2nd. It's more of a role-playing game store, but the owner (great guy) just started WH and WH40k on Monday nights. He swore for years he wouldn't get involved with GW products, but finally succumbed to the lure of the darskide. Anyway... I suggest it as an alternative if the Battle Bunker is too packed or the crowd isn't to anyone's liking.

They do have that awesome giant space marine outside though. Matter of fact, that's how I knew I'd found it and wasn't pulling into an abandoned warehouse.

I didn't know about Games and Comics and Stuff. I'll have to check it out when I get back. The only other places I've heard of of were Canton Games in Baltimore, which I've heard is pretty good, but their hours are terrible and another place up in Towson. I only got to spend about two months in Baltimore before work shipped to Baghdad, where there's no warhammer at all.

Edited by payback

They do have that awesome giant space marine outside though. Matter of fact, that's how I knew I'd found it and wasn't pulling into an abandoned warehouse.

Their first location was in the same complex, but around the corner. I had avoided the place for about 6 months at one point and when I went back I noticed the space marine and passed it thinking it was an overflow... then I found the old spot closed and the obvious became clear to me.

I didn't know about Games and Comics and Stuff. I'll have to check it out when I get back. The only other places I've heard of of were Canton Games in Baltimore, which I've heard is pretty good, but their hours are terrible and another place up in Towson. I only got to spend about two months in Baltimore before work shipped to Baghdad, where there's no warhammer at all.

Baghdad? You in the military or contracting for them? Keep your head down and be careful over there, payback.

I don't know if the forgeworld stuff is actually for sale up there or if you have to order it. All I've seen is them pulling out orders from behind a nonglass counter. I've been up there two or three times, but still havn't gamed. My car is ending its lifetime, so as far as I want to drive it is to work and back.

Theres a local club I'm getting into around here, but theres not any open places to just walk in and game as far as I know.

But once work and cars settle out, I'll be happy to go out Arundel Mills (my closest GW) or Glen Burnie for games. :)

Their first location was in the same complex, but around the corner. I had avoided the place for about 6 months at one point and when I went back I noticed the space marine and passed it thinking it was an overflow... then I found the old spot closed and the obvious became clear to me.

Baghdad? You in the military or contracting for them? Keep your head down and be careful over there, payback.

I got out of the Marine Corps about a year ago and now I'm a contractor. I do IT work, so thankfully the most danger I've had out here has involved tricky hard drive replacements. Thankfully I've only got about another two weeks and then I'll be back home.

Hi All!

Let me just say that i am glad i found you guys! I live in Burtonsville, just outside of silver spring, and i am just getting back into the game since 4th eddition came out. Most recently i have been playing at the arundle mills store on wednesdays. Its no where as big as the battle bunker but the gamers there are all good ppl. wednesdays around 5 is when i have been up there and havent had a bad time yet. Also if any one would ever want to travel into Rockville (I know, i hate the city of rockville too) on a saterday theres a place called Dream Wizards off of Nicolson rd that has a decent sized table top community. Personally i suggest the Arundle mills store, its just a few minuets off of Rt 100, the staff are all great, and the gamers are all soild as well. hit me up if your gona stop in!

Edited by Bolter_Brains

Greetings,

I'm in the DC metro area, too but I'm over in Northern VA. I have a nice little LGS that I frequent near my home in Falls Church (Compleat(sic) Strategist), good, regular, but small crowd there. I occassionally make it out to the Springfield GW. I tried to swing by the Battle Bunker once after a trip to Baltimore, but got lost, frankly.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and tip my hat to my fellow Beltway Battle Brothers :)

-Cheers!

I was in the Annapolis Mall on May 4th, and the GW store just simply wasn't there!!! Anyone know what happened to it?

I live in St Mary's, looking for fun people to game with. I occasionally visit the basement dungeon known as Bowe's Books... good guys in there...

The GW store in Annapolis moved from Westfield Mall to the mall across the street (where the Modell's is).

Like I said, it's the third location for that store in 10 years. It started out in the Crowne Harbour Mall (where the Fridays and the Amish market is).

• 2 weeks later...
Games day is almost upon us brothers. The convention center is about a mile from my place so I really have no excuse not to go. Is anyone else planning on showing up? Maybe a get together either at the convention or at one of the bars nearby?

I live in the good old DC proper and am always down for a game. I use to frequent Dreamwizards quite regularly as it was a short trip on the Red Line but I can't really stand the younger kids with the armies of blinding bare metal. I have to 4 x 6 tables and plenty of terrain at my house so if anybody wants to schedule a game shoot me a PM.

Games day is almost upon us brothers. The convention center is about a mile from my place so I really have no excuse not to go. Is anyone else planning on showing up?

I've been to Games Day so many times, I've lost count. Having been there, done that, I'm not inclined to spend $40 to be there, do that again...especially for ONE FRIKKIN DAY.

If anyone is in the area we have a pretty active club up in Frederick Maryland. We do alot of the games out of the HT in the area, typically an event every other Saturday but you can pick up games must of the time. The club will also be running a table at Balto. GD. So stop by and say Hi to the group from FRAG.