National Capital Region, USA

Thraximus

Anyone near to Towson (right north of Bmore) that wants to game PM me. Sorry payback, but I won't be going to GD. Got a few armies at the moment (Blood Angel successors, Eldar, Tau, Imps, and mostly painted) and some homemade terrain. Plus there are a couple stores close by with decent tables. Note that I'm only a casual gamer with little exp. and enjoy the hobby for the flavor and narrative experience (not ruthless dice rolling).

I won't be at Games Day; and I thought it was rescheduled to November? :P

I'm down for some meet and game, either at Arundel Mills, or somewhere closish to DC. Just send me a message anytime. :blush:

I won't be at Games Day; and I thought it was rescheduled to November? ;)

I'm down for some meet and game, either at Arundel Mills, or somewhere closish to DC. Just send me a message anytime. :P

That was the GT that got rescheduled. A game at Arundel Mills or the battle bunker would be good. I work about ten or fifteen minutes from both of them and it's been a while since I've played.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe it's taken me this long to think to check the board for this thread.

I'd really like to find some folks to play that are closer than Glen Burnie. I really should try to stop into Dream Wizards at some point but it never seems to be... "happening" when it comes to 40K.

Looks like I'm coming to the party a bit late. B)

I'd really like to find some folks to play that are closer than Glen Burnie. I really should try to stop into Dream Wizards at some point but it never seems to be... "happening" when it comes to 40K.

I'd love to be able to recommend my former FLGS in Gaithersburg to you, but the <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION>s who ran the place closed it the day after Christmas. :P

That said, many people who used to play there have been gathering at Dream Wizards on Thursday nights to play 40K and Warmachine. Maybe you should stop by then.

-- Mith

I can't believe it's taken me this long to think to check the board for this thread.

It's not too bad, just remember that people show up on the "Thursday" game day, but not so much on the Saturday game day ;) It is a rather small community, though.

--Me

• 4 weeks later...

For reason's known only to herself my wife has decided that it's perfectly reasonable for me to go over to Dream Wizards on Thursday nights to play 40K. As I am not one to question her decisions I'll go. :mellow:

So if anyone is free Thursday night I'll get there between 530 and 6 with my Blood Angels.

For reason's known only to herself my wife has decided that it's perfectly reasonable for me to go over to Dream Wizards on Thursday nights to play 40K. As I am not one to question her decisions I'll go. :devil:

So if anyone is free Thursday night I'll get there between 530 and 6 with my Blood Angels.

Neat. I normally am off on Fridays, but I'm currently working overtime. When back on regular schedule I'll have to try to get out there on Thursday nights (won't be until after 8pm though sadly). If I ever get my hands on 5th Edition first. ^_^

Edited by Thraximus

I also enjoyed playing there on Thursday. I got totally gobbled up by the Bugs, but it was still plenty of fun. Hopefully I can actually make this a regular thing for me. That would be the playing part not the getting womped by bugs part. :D

Someone asked about buying FW stuff from the GW Battle Bunker. They have a lot of FW stuff on hand to buy right there. If they are out of something they can put the order in for you. You will have to pay the US$ price in the FW catalog + sales tax, but not shipping.

I have picked up Eldar vehicle upgrades, and rhino reinforced armour from them. I wish I would have know before I ordered my DA Rhino and Landraider doors and DW shoulderpads.

They also have the IA books that you can check out there if you want.

If any of you close to D.C or Northern VA guy's are looking for a nice place then check out Eagle and Empire games in Alexandria VA located about 4 miles from the GW store in Springfield. If any of you can make it out there send me a PM I'd be happy to get some 40k in and introduce you to the local gamers in our area.

I also live in Northern VA. Went to E & E YEARS ago but forgot it was even there. Will have to PM Seanisi sometime and set something up.

Also would be interested in gaming at someone house in or others game stores in NoVA or parts of MD

(hate going into DC...sorry). Also Have a 4X4 and terrian at my house we use occassionally, it's big enough for 1500 pt games.

Anyone interested in any of these options PM me, always up for some new opponents..

Someone asked about buying FW stuff from the GW Battle Bunker. They have a lot of FW stuff on hand to buy right there. If they are out of something they can put the order in for you. You will have to pay the US$ price in the FW catalog + sales tax, but not shipping.

I have picked up Eldar vehicle upgrades, and rhino reinforced armour from them. I wish I would have know before I ordered my DA Rhino and Landraider doors and DW shoulderpads.

They also have the IA books that you can check out there if you want.

That was me. I asked the manager about FW the last time I was in there and he opened up the cabinents behind the counter to show me that they were full of FW boxes. He also mentioned something about a cage out back that's full of titans and said that the only thing he doesn't have on hand consistantly are kits like the thunderhawk, which are apparently made to order.

He also mentioned something about a cage out back that's full of titans

As soon as I read that, several images sprung to mind:

1. A Titan cage fight blasting the crap out each other

2. Titans in a dog kennel rough housing waiting for adoption. A little kid sees the one runty warhound with one arm and three legs cowering in the corner and says "that one, daddy!"

3. Titans in a cardboard box on the street corner watched by a bored man with a "Free Titans" sign.

He also mentioned something about a cage out back that's full of titans

As soon as I read that, several images sprung to mind:

1. A Titan cage fight blasting the crap out each other

2. Titans in a dog kennel rough housing waiting for adoption. A little kid sees the one runty warhound with one arm and three legs cowering in the corner and says "that one, daddy!"

3. Titans in a cardboard box on the street corner watched by a bored man with a "Free Titans" sign.

Pretty similar to what I thought of when he told me about the cage actually.

Minus the whole one arm and three leg thing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm from the St. Mary's area myself (mechanicsville/charlotte hall area) and would love to meet some new faces. Typically I play at Bowes Books off of Great Mills road (right across from Pax River Naval Base Gate 2) and on the odd occasion Arundel Mills. I've never been to Glen Burnie's Battle Bunker, what's it like?

• 3 weeks later...

The Bunker is pretty nice. Lots and lots of gaming tables, plus more they keep in the back that you'll see every now and then. They also carry almost the entire range of products, but more of the metals (like Sisters) arn't sold any more and are direct order. They also carry Forge World, and the new/more popular Black Library books. I'd definitely check it out if you are able. :D

And if you go on a Sunday you'll will likely see Payback and I for our weekly beatings.

The Bunker is pretty nice. Lots and lots of gaming tables, plus more they keep in the back that you'll see every now and then. They also carry almost the entire range of products, but more of the metals (like Sisters) arn't sold any more and are direct order. They also carry Forge World, and the new/more popular Black Library books. I'd definitely check it out if you are able. :lol:

And if you go on a Sunday you'll will likely see Payback and I for our weekly beatings.

Too true, too true. Be careful about Sundays, they seem to schedule birthday parties then. Thrax and I will be the ones at the table as far from the kids as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm kind of in the middle of Arundel Mills, The Burnie Battle Bunker and The Naptown store. I occasionally pop in to the AM store but wouldn't want to play there. (I'd feel too much like an exhibit for the "normal" folks. :sick:*) And the Nap town store is okay but, it's a bit too tiny for my tastes. All it takes is one person to forget how to use soap and I'm just done, yuck! The Burnie Battle Bunker is nice and the folks there seem mighty friendly, though haven't really played much and feel a bit intimidated to go to their home base and try and run a game without being familiar with the rules. But, who knows maybe one of these days I'll see some of you B&C guys there when I drop in.

I tend to lurk in the Springfield/Lorton area mostly...though I will travel for a good game. I can say I am impressed by the activity the Iron Fists maintain at the two Game Parlor stores, E&E is also good. I do have to say I rather like the community at the Springfield GW though, good bunch there.