Ohio, USA

ChaosKen60

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just as an FYI - There are quite a few 40K players in the Cleveland, Ohio area and I know at the local game store "Gamers Haven" in Middleburg Heights they have about 10-12 large gaming tables and there is a base of about 20 or so semi-regular players, so if anyone is looking to get a game in you may want to try there. If you want to set something up to meet and play there, please feel free to send a reply as they usually have a table free and I am always happy to get in a fun game against a new opponent.

As an aside I know they have open 40K on Tuesdays and there are usually a few guys hanging around on Saturdays that have their armies with them who are usually willing to play anyone who shows up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I also play at the Bookery in Dayton. The store's main guy, Eric is about one of the chillest dudes ever, and the people are very friendly. I'd love to play against some fellow B&C people there sometime. Edited by Gornall

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am from Sidney Ohio, but am a regular in Kettering Ohio in a shop called Krystal Keep. They have a very impressive gaming area, and some of the best staff I have been around in some time. I am also familiar with Bookery fantasy, but I have an issue with their gaming area; I am kinda tall, the ceilings are kinda short, and my head and the wood trim really hurts the forehead :) . Other than that its a nice shop. But, my preference is the Keep, as all of ther guys I have gamed with since second edition are there. We've got all of the races (even Dark Eldar, Necrons AND Kroot Mercs), and somewhere around 100 or so folks in for games on saturdays.

I am from New Hampshire OH. I am about midway between Columbus and Toledo, and midway between Mansfield and Fort Wayne. Unfortunately that means i am about an hour and a half from any decent shops that have 40K or run any games of any sort. I played once or twice in Sidney at the Sidney hobby shop years ago, before it closed down. Just starting to get back into this old obsession.. er, I mean hobby. I haven't played in about 12 or so years (since before I got married). Looking to get back into this but have realized this could get real expensive real quick. Everything I have is first or second ed, (rogue trader era). I hope to meet some people fairly close by who are willing to work with a rusty old gamer trying to get back into the swing of things again.

• 3 weeks later...
im a new 40k player in the massillon/canton area looking for a group that can help me learn the game and play the game. Does anyone know a group in that area?

Two shops:

The Keep on W. Tuscawaras in Perry Heights

Ahz'z Arena on Erie St in Massillon

• 3 weeks later...

I reside in Indiana, likely to be living in Anderson at the time. I've got the ok from the wife to consider Origins for this year (thanks to her going to a country music event with sata... err... her mother). So I'm putting out feelers to see if anyone else from B&C will be going and wouldn't mind someone else to crash in their hotel room (of course I'll be glad to split cost). Floor is fine with me even :lol: Obviously I can drive myself there, but if anyone is from the Indiana area going and wouldn't mind a carpooler, that would be great to. And of course I'd be glad to chip in $$$ in that department as well (or I can drive, and you chip in $$$).

Rindaris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
For anyone in the Cleveland area or who are traveling to the area at some point and want to get a game in, there is a fairly large group of 40K players with a good mix of armies that frequent Gamers Haven in Parma Heights, and if you contact the store they can get you in touch with folks or tell you what days 40K games are being played up there.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody.

I am located in Dayton and working on getting back into the hobby. I am at square 1 working on a new list. So while I don't have anything to play with as yet (besides plastic proxies) I would like to get to know some of the players in Ohio, as my group has disbanded pretty much. And it's really hard to work up the urge to spend the money when you got no one to battle against.

Kamikaze14, while I am about an hour out from Guard Tower I don't have any problem coming up there sometime. I know a lot of the people there play fantasy but I can't afford that, it's the main reason I haven't gone up there more often.

• 2 weeks later...