Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ohio, USA

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Shadowvast

Shadowvast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
Armoury Games in Pickerington is running a bi-weekly campaign starting in January 2011 and will have an Apocalypse game coming up in lat March. Look for 40k tournaments soon as well.

www.armourygames.com

vash1023

vash1023

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Toledo actually has a very large 40k community, our store "The Game Room" on sylvania ave has 18 tables for gaming and has several adepticon and gencon multi time champions that game weekly.

also toledo ohio is home to some painting champs

chris borer being "the best" IMHO

multi time golden deamon and slayer sword winner

Edited by vash1023, 16 January 2011 - 08:03 AM.

available for commissions, specializing in adeptus custodes conversions and full armies

Lord_Hail

Lord_Hail

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Million dollar question is; is anyone on here up around Northeast Ohio? (I mean the real northeast not some place around Cleveland)
Current tournament record
2Win/2Loss/1Draw

melvinmcsnatch

melvinmcsnatch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of Our Martyred Lady
If you live in the Dayton area there are two stores you should try out on Saturdays.

Bookery Fantasy in Fairborn (north of Dayton) has about a ten tables in the basement and some friendly players.

Krystal Keep in Kettering (south of Dayton) has even more tables and players. It fills up pretty good by the afternoon with 40k and Fantasy players, so it's fairly easy to find a pickup game.
Order of Our Martyred Lady -- collecting since 2004, playing since 2010

LazyCorpse

LazyCorpse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
If anyone in the Greater Cincinnati Area wants to play, just send me a PM.
I've got a few friends and we are looking for different armies to play, instead of beating up on each other. We have Black Templars, Tau, a friend getting his tyranids built up, and a GK player with a small force, slowly adding more.

QUOTE (Brother Vader @ Jan 25 2011, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps that's because it's like saying, my small space soldier toys are better than your small space soldier toys.

:lol:

You know you're a Black Templar when your small space soldier toys are better than everyone else's small space soldier toys.

Abaddon25

Abaddon25

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
Moved to Tiffin looking for 40k players. I play Chaos Marines

Edited by Abaddon25, 12 July 2011 - 04:26 PM.

brakkar

brakkar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands
Heard this weekend that Krystal keep is closing it's doors the end of this year. might want to check on this if you are gaming in the Dayton Area.

If you live in the Dayton area there are two stores you should try out on Saturdays.

Bookery Fantasy in Fairborn (north of Dayton) has about a ten tables in the basement and some friendly players.

Krystal Keep in Kettering (south of Dayton) has even more tables and players. It fills up pretty good by the afternoon with 40k and Fantasy players, so it's fairly easy to find a pickup game.

Record in 5th Edition:
Iron Hands 13-9-4
Alaitoc Eldar 2-2-0

Order_of_the_Dragon

Order_of_the_Dragon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Lion

Heard this weekend that Krystal keep is closing it's doors the end of this year. might want to check on this if you are gaming in the Dayton Area.

It's true, so right now for Dayton the 2 stores (that I am aware of) is Bookery Fantasy in Fairborn and EpicLoot Games in Miamisburg/Kettering area. I believe there is a hobby store near the dayon mall (unconfirmed) that sells GW models but not sure about game tables.

Edited by Order_of_the_Dragon, 13 January 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Current Project: Order of the Watch [Dark Angels] [W:0 L:0 D:0]

My Blog - Updated 5/4/12 - http://spencersproje...g.blogspot.com/

*Sigh...*

sombreromaster

sombreromaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
Hey! new to 40k here working on assembling a chaos army now. In columbus. Would love to fins people to play with or show me the ropes. Let me know!

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,368 posts
The local columbus gaming sites are The Guardtower and The Soldiery. The Guardtower has a monday night 40k gaming, just show up any time after 6, that continues to midnight. The Soldiery has a tuesday night youngbloods/beginners gaming from 5is until 10pm and generally have a bunch of small-points games going. They also host monthly Sunday big battles. If you get more experience and want to try out tounaments, or just get some more info about the local stuff,

The Chapter Master's Advisor is run by a newark-area shop, but has information on The Soldiery sunday battles and other events in the Columbus area.

Edited by TJWyrm, 17 April 2012 - 10:08 PM.

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,

The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon

ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg

ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012a.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013a.jpgETL_Banner_04_Oath_Breaker_2014.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg

6th/7th ed CSM Record 14-7-1 W-L-D

6th/7th ed SM (White Scars ) record 8-2-2 W-L-D

Formerly known as TJWyrm

sombreromaster

sombreromaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
Awesome, yeah ive been picking ym stuff up gradually from the guardtower. Seems to me to be a better place than the soldiery. But i had no idea the soldiery had beginner nights so that sound like the thing for me. WHat i need to do is just call a shop ahead of time and see if one of the dudes workin will play me in a couple small rounds.

BONSAI_OUTLAW

BONSAI_OUTLAW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
I am moving to Parkersburg, WV in a few months and was wondering if there were any 40k players in the area and if so where do y'all play? Thank you.

Tanith Ghost

Tanith Ghost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,961 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Tempest Hounds

Just moved back to Toledo, anyone in the Northwest Ohio area who wants a non-WAAC game send me a message to set something up.

The Tempest Hounds - A Night Lord Warband

"This is our galaxy. Ours to corrupt. Ours to enslave. The gods will not be denied their prize." -Xerxeth, Sorcerer of the Black Legion

ContemptuousAngel

ContemptuousAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts

Cleveland, Ohio. Travel frequently to Columbus, sometimes have nothing to do there during the day.

LAUGH WHILE YOU KILL!

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,433 posts
  • Chapter Name: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

Also Cleveland, Ohio.  If I get a free weekend, we should set something up.

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

xgD8FLE.png1cuUYGd.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Darellion

Darellion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

Cincinnati here.

bushman101

bushman101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 503 posts
  • Chapter Name: Guardian Angels (Blood Angels)

When I play 40k, it's either at GuardTower in C-bus, or GTA in Newark

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pnggallery_29004_10383_4142.pnggallery_29004_6198_8099.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gif
Looking to make a Space Marine costume? Here's how I made mine.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,972 posts
  • Chapter Name: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Just wanted to chime in with the Ohioans. I play at the aforementioned Epic Loot and want people to know that the typical gaming days is Wednesday followed by Thursday.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost (http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/)

The Lost IInd Legion: The Halcyon Wardens (http://www.bolterand...enegade-legion/)

The Third Son: Narrative of the Lost IInd Legion Primarch (http://www.bolterand...-the-third-son/)

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

ImperialChaplain

ImperialChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts

Bowling Green, Ohio.
20min South of Toledo.
40min from Tiffin.

Hoping to get active, (I've played a bit up there, but only like 5 games in the last 4 years or so). Life just kept kicking me in the balls when I wanted to focus on 40k, but things are looking up.

I'm cool with casual play, my armory is very 5th/6th in the mentality behind it (raided ebay when I was in college), just focusing on getting read up on the current stuff now.
Would love to find people willing to play on Campus (I'm an Alum), maybe try to convert people from the BGSU gaming club to wargaming.

Space Wolves

Blood Angels

Imperial Guard

Tanith Ghost

Tanith Ghost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,961 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Tempest Hounds

Bowling Green, Ohio.
20min South of Toledo.
40min from Tiffin.

Hoping to get active, (I've played a bit up there, but only like 5 games in the last 4 years or so). Life just kept kicking me in the balls when I wanted to focus on 40k, but things are looking up.

I'm cool with casual play, my armory is very 5th/6th in the mentality behind it (raided ebay when I was in college), just focusing on getting read up on the current stuff now.
Would love to find people willing to play on Campus (I'm an Alum), maybe try to convert people from the BGSU gaming club to wargaming.

I'm in Waterville, not far at all from BG. Haven't played much at all since 5th but I'd be down for some games if you want to PM me.

The Tempest Hounds - A Night Lord Warband

"This is our galaxy. Ours to corrupt. Ours to enslave. The gods will not be denied their prize." -Xerxeth, Sorcerer of the Black Legion

ChaosKen60

ChaosKen60

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Chapter Name: Seraph Guardians

Just thought I would post a great news update; Chillicothe Ohio has a new gaming store "Decks and Dice Games" here is their Facebook link: https://www.facebook...cksandDiceGames

• ImperialChaplain likes this

Wow!!!!!!! that's how many points of Orks ?

1.jpg

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 355 posts
  • Chapter Name: ACD: Agamemnos Civil Defense
To revise the dayton area options:
-Bookery Fantasy is in Fairborn and has good stock, terrain, and tables (tables located in basement). Has been a good source of cheap 2nd hand minis for me over the years.
-Epic Loot in centerville has ample table space and decent stock.
-Hobby Town (?) in miamisburg has good prices on GW stuff.
-GW store in Huber Heights... is kinda tiny and, for the sake of honesty, offers nothing over the other 3 really. All the other stores at least offer a discount or frequent shopper program. Nice enough guys but I've not seen anything there I can't get elsewhere.

Several previous people mentioned Krystal Keep but sadly they are dead and gone now.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus, 04 August 2015 - 03:57 PM.

• ChaosKen60 and simison like this

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

http://heckusminis.wordpress.com/

gallery_29004_6198_4761.png

zerorunner

zerorunner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Chapter Name: Relictors

That Game Shop has tables for open play in Hudson, Ohio. It's only been open a few months, and the owner (Don) and a couple of us have been trying to get some decent terrain painted up. There's a Facebook page under Thatgameshopllc with the address and hours and some pictures of the place.
 I should  put in that the store is a bit difficult to find, it's under Daves Cosmic Subs, and the entrance is past the sub shops doors down some stairs. =)

Edited by zerorunner, 29 September 2015 - 02:14 PM.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_02.jpg
My entire army is visible in my Facebook photos: My 40k Army

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,433 posts
  • Chapter Name: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

I'm in Hudson quite frequently.  I'll drop by the next time I'm around.

• zerorunner likes this

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

xgD8FLE.png1cuUYGd.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,122 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Order (Dark Angels)

That Game Shop in Hudson, Ohio is a fun place. More people should check it out.

Edited by Harleqvin, 01 January 2016 - 06:26 PM.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users