Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ohio, USA

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,598 posts

I just realized that this subforum exists!  I have been playing a lot at both the Guard Tower and the Soldiery lately.  I like the Guard Tower a bit more (more terrain, more space, lower prices, and I've found it easier to strike up conversations with other players there), but the Soldiery is about 5 minutes from me instead of 20-30.  If anyone in Columbus wants to play at either of those shops (or somewhere else around Columbus if there's somewhere I don't know), hit me up!  I'm very keen to meet more people who play!  

spacepup

spacepup

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts

Tyriks,

You could always try Game Table Adventures in Newark. That's where I go to play. Gametableadventures.com  is their website and you can find them on facebook to set up a game. Be more than happy to have to stop by. Cheers!

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this
spacepup

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,421 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

Hey Toledo peeps.

I grew up there, and got my start at The Game Room and at Glass City Games (which should tell you roughly how old I am).

I go back to visit family and friends on occasion. One of these times I might bring my army with me and set up a game with someone.

I play Raven Guard, using their chapter tactics (all of them), and I might have my homebrew chapter done by then.

I consider myself a fluffy powergamer. I like to build the strongest army possible that is true to the source material. So lots of sneaky jump pack using scout heavy armies for me :D

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

We are a small group of players of Warhammer 40k and other Games Workshop games.
So if you would like to find new someone to play with PM me.

We have Orks
and Chaos 40K laugh.gif

Wondering if your still in Sabina or Greenfield?  I live in Washington C.H. and have been trying to find somewhere to get a game in. 

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Does anybody in Greenfield, Sabina, Wilmington, Hilllsboro, Chilicothe or surrounding areas play 40k?!  I don't have anywhere to play here at my place, but I'll travel.  I have two armies and I'd like to play again at some point in time

ChaosKen60

ChaosKen60

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Vengeance (DA)

Hey I live in Sabina and have a small BA army, let me know if you want to play :)

Wow!!!!!!! that's how many points of Orks ?

1.jpg

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Hi, ChaosKen just tried to send you a message with my number, but it wouldn't send.  But any night next week except for Monday I could stop over for a game.  I have a Khorne army and Templars.  I don't know if it's because I'm a new member, the pm wouldn't send, but I'm more than ready to get a game in it's been almost a year since the last time I played.

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts

Anybody in my area?????........Anyone?

Magos_Adephus

Magos_Adephus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts

I'm in Lancaster but the closest gaming store, Great Games and Clubhouse, is in Reynoldsburg just outside of Columbus.  Anyone nearby, or know a different store I haven't found?  I've been gaming for a year so still kinda new, I run AdMech+Knights.

bushman101

bushman101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Guardian Angels (Blood Angels)

we generally play on sundays at Great Games and Clubhouse

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_29004_6198_8099.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifgallery_29004_10383_4142.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.png

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,642 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Don't know where else to put this, but I'm incredibly upset that Games Workshop did not attend Origins this year. I look forward to their booth every year and them not attending without notice is a huge bummer to me.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,598 posts
I'm not one for big crowds so I've never been. Was it worth going when they were there? What kind of things would they have?

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,642 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I'm not one for big crowds so I've never been. Was it worth going when they were there? What kind of things would they have?

They would always have the latest GW and FW products in stock plus a few nice little demo tables where they would show new folks the rules. Nothing as extensive as their presence at NOVA or Adepticon, but it was always fun to chat it up with the employees and grab the event exclusive models. 

Mackenzie

Mackenzie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
Greetings Heretical Ohioans! I have made a new group for those that are interested in participating in organized narrative games. The first meet and greet will be in Columbus on the 24th of August, location TBD. Events to include 500-1000pt games of Centurion and Zone Mortalis. We will be able to demo some games for anyone who has not played the Age of Darkness ruleset before. I look forward to meeting you all.
https://m.facebook.c...79114?ref=share

Mackenzie

Mackenzie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
Just a few more days until the second meet and greet! Come on out and say hi! Bring what you have, even if it’s nothing! Most of us have multiple armies or plenty of extra units for you to try out. 🍻
https://www.facebook...9827332/?ti=icl

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,598 posts

Is the event set to private?  I can't see it.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,529 posts

I'm in New Carlisle, if anyone knows where that is. I play at the games store there (New Carlisle Toys & Games). If any of y'all wanna set up casual pick-up games, PM me. I'm a big fan of fluffy games, and I'm playing Chaos lately. ^^

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Mackenzie

Mackenzie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts

Is the event set to private? I can't see it.

Missed this, sorry! The group is set to Private. It’s Ohio 30k on Facebook. Our next event will be Saturday October 19th at The Guard Tower West in Columbus starting at 1100. Games will be 1250pts ZM and 1500pts Deception. There are no paint requirements for this event, or a narrative structure. It serves as a meet and greet, demo, or introduction of to 30k. The first Narrative game will be in November and it is a Prologue to the Campaign kicking off in January 2020

Mackenzie

Mackenzie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
2020 is going to be an outstanding year for Heresy gents! Join in the fun - Ohio 30K - Horus Heresy on Facebook we have 12 people signed up for the campaign starting in January!

For those curious we have Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands and Militia for Loyalists. Iron Warriors, Sons of Horus, Thousand Sons, Death Guard and Dark Mechanicum for traitors!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users