Michigan, USA

Allerka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Grand Rapids area here, about 2 hours or so outside of Detroit area. Not many except historical gamers near me it seems :P

I thought there were a couple of Hobby stores in the Kalamazoo area that were big into GW product? That was years ago when visiting my step-brother and/or driving to Gen Con through KZoo.

The Comic Shop (Discount Comics old name) closed about a year ago and Fanfare pretty much stopped carrying GW stuff in the Kalamazoo area. I don't know of anywhere nearby that has picked up the slack. If anybody has more recent info I'd appreciate it.

Hello!

I just found this section tonight, after all this time. Looks like there's a few other people that attend the Novi GW store from time to time - does anyone go there still? Anyone here that I may have met up with there at some point in the past few years?

I'm not so frequent a visitor to the store, since I've been more of a painter than a gamer since getting back into the hobby. I'm still working towards my first 500 points of a few different armies, but making progress (slowly but surely) with my CSM Warband. I prefer the Novi store to any of the others near me, although it's slightly further away than the Rochester store.

There's a modeling shop in general that carries a good selection of models and supplies, a VERY good selection. Name escapes me at the moment... Otherwise, i've not found a retailer yet before you hit the detroit area, and that's just too far for a game. And the one shop doesn't really have an area to game in.

I go to Pandemonium, GW Rochester Hills, and soon there will be a new hobby store in Sterling Heights right near the MJR theater. Novi is a bit far, I think... or just far enough that it's easier for me to go to Rochester.

Pandemonium in Garden City is great for non GW hobby supplies (paints, glue, cases, flock, primer, etc) and otherwise good for playing games. I hope this new store is a quality one as well, it will be closest to me.

I was at the Rochester Hills store this Saturday playing a game if anyone else stopped in.

Edited by Rhellion

I go to Pandemonium, GW Rochester Hills, and soon there will be a new hobby store in Sterling Heights right near the MJR theater. Novi is a bit far, I think... or just far enough that it's easier for me to go to Rochester.

Pandemonium in Garden City is great for non GW hobby supplies (paints, glue, cases, flock, primer, etc) and otherwise good for playing games. I hope this new store is a quality one as well, it will be closest to me.

I was at the Rochester Hills store this Saturday playing a game if anyone else stopped in.

That new store isn't the Hobby Lobby is it?

Gamers Square. It will be on Van Dyke north of 15 mile, but doesn't open until next month.

Edited by Rhellion

I'm located north of most of the suburbs of Detroit, so once in a while make it to one of the official GW stores.

I'm actually interested in getting a group going in the Lapeer area, or at least one within a 30 mile radius. I've been to Gamer's Sanctuary in Flint, but it's a long ways to go on a regular basis. Play Black Legion Chaos at the moment, working on Ultramarines.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamers Square. It will be on Van Dyke north of 15 mile, but doesn't open until next month.

Basically where Old guard used to be?

Shame they closed up shop =/ were there forever.

BTW what's your source on this new store in Sterling Heights? Sterling Heights native myself and would LOVE an alternative to the tiny rinky-dink GW store in Rochester (I'm a big guy, crowded stores with younger/smaller folks are... claustrophobia inducing...)

edit: found their facebook (yay google!) and it looks like they're moving into one of the new store fronts being built in front of the MJR facing west on the East side of Van Dyke. Looks to be a big store as well. Should be a nice hangout spot.

Edited by Evicerator

If a gaming group were to form in this area, as long as attendance is flexible i'd be up for it!

Earthen, i'll check that store out and see, do you go there often?

yup good group of people too. mix of very skilled to beginner