Michigan, USA

Allerka

woot! :cuss my move to Rapid River, MI in the UP is done lol got here early today and dieing to find a gaming group, club or store to meet some fun gamers and battle it out on the 40k battle field lol

i'll have my renegade army "Howling Winds" (chaos codex), Black Templars, nids, eldar :) sent to me soon

so hit me up if you're up for a game or two and if i have a army then I'm up for a battle :)

PM me or email (reysombra13@yahoo.com)

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I'm going to be at the Novi GW store all day into early evening for their Tanksgiving stuff. I only have a Rhino (sad, I know) so I might just be painting up my FW Rogue Psyker for my Renegades and Heretics CSM Warband-allied force.

I've only been to Pandemonium once (in Garden City, right?) and that was when I was training down in Dearborn. They definitely have a huge gaming space, but I wasn't sold on their customer service - at least during the day. It's been quite a few years, though, so hopefully things have changed. It's a bit of a drive for me, as it involves several expressway changes and trucking down some (albeit wide) surface roads. GW Novi is a straight shot down I-696 to I-96 for me, and GW Hampton Village (Rochester) is 696 to I-75, and then up Rochester Rd about 10 miles. GW Novi definitely has decent gaming space, though, and the staff have always been cool...

I was "attacked," on the other hand, the one time I went into the Great Lakes Crossing GW store by a redshirt who had obviously never seen the business end of a toothbrush in several years - I was just looking at boxes to get some ideas for modeling Chaos stuff and he was following me around asking "What army do you play?" "I don't have one, I'm more of a painter." "Well, I think you should get X, Y, and Z paints." "Um, I have those colors already - I actually still use paints from the original paint sets GW released back in the early 90's, so I've got some colors that aren't in the range any more that I prefer. I had all my stuff in storage when I took a break from painting and they're still good." "Oh. Have you thought about getting one of the Battleforce boxes so you can start your army?" Gah! I was studiously trying to avoid looking him in the face the whole while because his teeth were disgusting.

I haven't been back to GLC since... it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Tinweasel

you guys should really look into 40k fightclub. Theres going to be a 1500 pt tournament in Lansing in january, and you should all drop into the Fortress Comics&Games on friday nights. Generally get a pretty good crowd of 40kers in of all types. Competitive, new to the game, fluff players, we seem to have them all.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys just got into the game and i live in Kalamzoo but driving to lansing or Grand Rapids wouldn't be to much of a trek for me (or at least i'd be willing to make the drive) i've never really played an actual game but am very willing to learn and have generally done well in any strategy game i've played. Also if anyone wants to get together and play a few small games to help me learn before i go to a store and make a complete fool of myself. if anyone's interested send me a Private Message, i prolly won't be free till the first but its good to plan ahead ;)

I just found out the West Oaks II store in Novi, after at least 12 years of business, is being closed and merged into the Hampton Village and Great Lakes Crossing stores, meaning the nearest store to where I live will now be 40+ minutes away. Fortunately for me, I'm moving to Grand Rapids next week, but I know that screws over a good chunk of people in the area. Sadface. :)

I just found out the West Oaks II store in Novi, after at least 12 years of business, is being closed and merged into the Hampton Village and Great Lakes Crossing stores, meaning the nearest store to where I live will now be 40+ minutes away. Fortunately for me, I'm moving to Grand Rapids next week, but I know that screws over a good chunk of people in the area. Sadface. :(

Dude I found that out today it made me so sad :( (were you playing against a cody?)

I just found out the West Oaks II store in Novi, after at least 12 years of business, is being closed and merged into the Hampton Village and Great Lakes Crossing stores, meaning the nearest store to where I live will now be 40+ minutes away. Fortunately for me, I'm moving to Grand Rapids next week, but I know that screws over a good chunk of people in the area. Sadface. :(

Dude I found that out today it made me so sad :( (were you playing against a cody?)

Yeah, that was me. He seemed to lose interest, though, after I insta-gibbed Abaddon with Jaws of the World Wolf. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo another for the UP! I'm slowly getting back into the hobby after selling off all my old 2nd edition orks a few years ago. Right now I'm retooling my 1st ed Space Hulk with newer Terminators and scouring the net for rules / ideas to run a Hulk campaign. And hopefully will be getting Black Reach to get a fe things kicked off. Oddly enough in this tiny lil town of 60 people I have a friend who used to play Epic with Guard and Marines back when Squats were still around.

Anyone ever up this way let me know, I'm always down for gaming. If time, family, education and whatnot lets me :lol:

The closing party for the West Oaks II store is apparently tomorrow, January 10th, starting at 3 PM. If you're in the area, I recommend going, they're gonna be auctioning off a lot of stuff. Sucks I can't make it.

I'll be going up to the Novi/West Oaks store tomorrow (from opening if things work out) - anyone else planning on attending the goodbye party?

I'll have the unpainted Chaos force held together with putty - no Golden Demon standard here because I want to actually get a game in with my own figures at my usual 40K haunt.

• 3 weeks later...
For the handful of us in the frozen wastes of Central Northern Michigan, Bandit Paintball in Saginaw just became a licensed independent retailer. No more having to drive all the way up to Traverse or all the way down to Flint. I'll probably be there in February when I come home from Big Rapids for my dad's birthday.

I won't be able to make it, but thought I'd share with everyone here. February 6th, the Rochester store is having a welcome event to everyone that used to go to the Novi store. The GW Employee said they are having events and games all day. They are even giving away boxes, not sure of what, as prizes. He said he was trying to get a massive battle against Necrons going that day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I shall be in the hampton village Games Workshop on saturday april 3rd. for those who wish to fight the angels of death please PM me and i'll see you there. by the way my friend who's looking to get into the hobby will be with me and he will probabl be watching the whole time because he wants to know if he should get into it.

I shall be in the hampton village Games Workshop on saturday april 3rd. for those who wish to fight the angels of death please PM me and i'll see you there. by the way my friend who's looking to get into the hobby will be with me and he will probably be watching the whole time because he wants to know if he should get into it.

• 1 month later...
I just discovered Grandiosity in Muskegon, which seems to be a pretty awesome place. It's a half-hour from my place in Allendale, but I'm just glad there actually IS some semblance of a gaming scene in west Michigan. So, if anyone ever wants to look me up, that's where I'll be. I still plan on trying to get a gaming club going at Grand Valley, so stay tuned for that as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys i'll be at the fortress comics and games on friday august 13th (ho boy :unsure: )

not to fight i just finished a rough draft of my codex and SM players to review it. i'll be there between about 7 and 10. see ya

EDIT: if your gonna be there shoot me a PM please

Edited by shan vener

• 2 months later...

Hey guys i'm in the kalamzoo area and i didn't know if anybody on here would be at all interested but the old titan games store (in the old rocket star building on campus) is now under new ownership and now called the Odyssey even though the sign still says titan games for the moment! if you are interested saturday from noon till 10pm is 40k and sunday from like 11am till 7pm is fantasy battle day but 40k people are always allowed. they have tons of scenery and 5-6 tables, depending on whither or not their new DnD table it up or not, a few tables are specially designed tables to look like a factory/wastelands area, a frozen plain with a bridge going over it (my favorite) or a desert/mountain area (its two giant hills with their highest points on the table edges then they go down to form a valley between them, leads to some very intersting games). either way guys come check it out! i'll be playing the guy with space wolves/Lizardmen!!

Edit- The owner asked me to put his store info as in the phone number and address on here for ya guys!

Titan Games Kalamazoo

1504 W. Michigan Ave. Kalamazoo MI 49006

(269)345-0227

Edited by n00b in need

• 1 month later...

I'm in Grand Rapids, there's a group of 4 of us who recently jumped into the game hard core in the last couple months and we need additional opponents. I'm running Salamanders and we've also got guys running Tau, Eldar, and Orks. Anybody down for some games?

@n00b in need: That store is pretty awesome, we went down there a couple weeks ago and everyone was very welcoming.

-Vedicus

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in Grand Rapids, there's a group of 4 of us who recently jumped into the game hard core in the last couple months and we need additional opponents. I'm running Salamanders and we've also got guys running Tau, Eldar, and Orks. Anybody down for some games?

@n00b in need: That store is pretty awesome, we went down there a couple weeks ago and everyone was very welcoming.

-Vedicus

I could use a group to get me motivated again! Yes, hide the beer and ale this Blood Claw is BACK! Had a kid and some job craziness, so things went wild. But i'd LOVE to game. Mostly partly assembled plastic guys, but hell i'd even show up just to watch and advise.

Also, for ANYONE near Muskeegon or the area.. There is a shop called Game-On in the Grand Haven area. I know one of the owners, and they have a budding 40k scene. Lots of stock selection (supplies and mini's and dexs, terrain, a moderate table space). Plus, it's also a LAN/gaming center, so if you're waiting for a game, you have things to do! There were abotu 4-5 players the last time I made it out.

If enough are interested in and around GR, I could talk to Ryan about using Game-On as a shop, and starting a group with some set tourney and Game Nights?

All GR area people, consider yourself PM'd. :rolleyes:

This is kind of sad, but over the past year or so, I've lost most of my regular gaming opponents and the number of games that I've gotten in over that time period is... low.

I live almost walking distance from the GW store at Great Lakes Crossing, but can't do pickup games there very easily. Are there any groups/players in the area looking to get some games in in 2011?

I'm willing to and easily able to host two or three simultaneous tables in relative luxury for a regular group.

Edited by Warp Angel