Indiana, USA

Rindaris

JTJP, are you going off of a Legion, or a renegade chapter? I have a black legion army and trying to get a small force of thousand sons together.

Schertenleib, you going to try to make it this coming Sunday to Galactic Gregs to play? Should be fun, not sure what is going on this weekend, was supposed to be apocalypse, but not totally sure. We can get four or five tables going for regular games if enough people show. I plan on being there on Sunday, if work does not get in the way.

Unfortunatly no. I have a birthday party that I need to take my son to Sunday. Make sure you keep posting things like that here though. Will help people like me make plans as they come up.

JTJP, that is the nice thing about the Black Legion, they have a little bit of everything in there. You going to try to make it out to Galactic Greg's on Sunday.

Schertenleib, Well maybe the Sunday after you can join, they do something every Sunday at 5.

Sounds like a good idea. It looks like I will be able to show up to play on Sunday as long as nothing out of the blue comes up. I am going to try and find out what is actually going on this Sunday. If they are playing apocalypse, we can set up a second table and play a normal game, if you want. If regular gaming is going on I will let you know the points limit so you can have a list ready.

They are not sure if Apocalypse is going this Sunday or not at Galactic Gregs. Said to bring a 1000 point list and a 2000 point list. If you can not do 2000 then write up a 1500 point list if you can, if you are still able to go Sunday. It starts at 5 pm.

The Apocalypse games at gregs are bring 2000 points but you can bring what you have (less than) and they will acomidate.

I also have a chaos army I just started playing. For my paint scheme, instead of picking one legion I have been painting everything in the different colors of the original trader legions.

That will look good. Ties all the different elements together. That is what I was going to do with my Thousand Sons squad. I painted the Aspiring Sorcerer and two of the Rubric Marines in Black Legion colors, but that is as far as I got with them so far.

Yea I usually paint in surges also. I am a very slow painter, so even when I hit a surge it is only to paint a few models at a time. Also black can be one of the hardest colors to paint well. Most of my black legion is just primer black along with some silver and bronze banding. No real shading or anything, but that was when I first started painting. I have started to get a little better, but still do not have very good control. Here is a picture of a Chaplain I painted a month or so ago.

gallery_57815_5383_809759.jpg

Not very good control on the line highlighting but I am getting a little better. What do you think?

Looks great to me.. my black legion is just primer from the spray can and some gold trim i didn't do anything to it just took it straight from the paint bottle/glass thing hahaha mine look like Muhammad Ali painted it.

Definitely looks better than the one that I did. Good job.

I believe that Galactic Gregs might have games going on the Sunday after Christmas and Sunday after New Years. When I get a chance, I am going to try and find out if that is still going on, or if any one plans to show up for those days as it is right after the holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Greetings Everyone.

I live in the Greenwood area and used to go to Game Preserv for a game but havent played in a while. I would love to get back into it. Currently have a Salamanders army and am just starting up a Tzeentch army which I am leaning towards Thousand Sons. I dont have room at my house to play at the moment, I need to clean out my garage but once i do that I will have room for a match. Until then I will be going back to the Game Preserv. If anyone is interested in playing email me at alexander_tyre@yahoo.com

Later

Jim

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

Greetings from Anderson, Indiana...Myself and three friends are getting back into 40k. We used to play alot of 3rd ed. and we are now running weekly 5th ed. games. If anyone in the area wants to get in a game or two let us know!

• 6 years later...

Greetings Brothers and Sisters

Just getting back into game after years away and hope to have an army table ready by the end of ETL. I live northeast of the city but drive everywhere visiting the Games Workshop store frequently and others occasionally.

I hope to meet and get to know more of you in the community.