Wisconsin, USA

shaolin saiyan

I'm up just in west bend, its like, 30 miles north of milwaukee.

I would love to do a heresy era type game. When I get my heresy era Iron hands up..

I'd always be up for a game, especially someone from here, as I love this place.

I'm Justin btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are two really strong groups in the Madison area based out of two local hobby stores:

The Last Square and Misty Mountain Games; both of which host regular gaming weekly with groups of about 20 or so members.

If you care to take on a B&C mod, OrkDung, number6 and I get into games often with these groups. Feel free to send then nasty, challenging PM

• 4 weeks later...

As an FYI; The Last Square (mentioned in the post above) will be having a 5th Edition release party this Friday.

40k 5th Ed. Release Party!

A full night with the new 40k on July 11th.

• 40k Gaming Shenanigans

• Food - Pizza is served at 8 PM

• Prizes

6 PM to 10 PM for those under 18.

Business hours extended until Midnight for those 18 years and older.

• Prize drawings with prizes donated from Games Workshop

• Take this chance to start gaming with 5th Ed.40k

• Bring some figures to paint with friends

• Work on your latest terrain project -or-

• Bring some terrain fix'ns to build terrain for the store and get extra "tickets" for the prize drawings. Get extra tickets for:

o Donating terrain materials

o Building terrain items for the store

• The person who transforms the oddest pile of stuff into a great terrain piece for the store will get an extra special prize. This will be voted on by everyone building terrain.

I and some of the other local B&C’ers will be there.

If you don’t have other plans and can make it feel free to drop by.

-OMG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Wow...I didn't realize that there were so many fellow brothers so close to me...this makes me want to drive up from platteville sometime for a game night...I've been up to the Last Square a few times lately, but its always been for fantasy, which has kinda been distracting me a lot lately...( though I managed to take 2nd place with my chaos mortals in the Madison warhammer league last month :P). If nothing else, I have an internship up in Madison coming this summer, so I'll definitely have to get some more gaming in then...

The local group @ the Last Square will be starting Blood Bowl this week, which goes for 10 Weeks, then we will be doing a round of Fantasy. After which we will be getting back to 40k.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...
For those from a bit further north, Fountain Of Youth Games in Eau Claire has a pretty steady following, one can get a pick up game most any afternoon or evening. theres usually 2-3 40k players in the store at a given time, with a fairly broad range of armies represented.

• 2 weeks later...

haha, awesome, I'm from Beloit too.

I had no idea anyone played here, I am just starting but I plan on going to Kyrptonite Kollectables in Janesville. Anyway, I'll PM maybe we can get together sometime, I don't think AK does any 40k stuff though, I use to play Magic there and I hear he is going out of business now.

If anyone is up for some WEEKEND gaming in the Madison area, please drop me a PM. I used to be able to hit up the Pegasus 40k night, but having a late work schedule for the week has made any gaming for the devoted nights in Madison nothing short of impossible. I would love to get some saturday or sunday gaming going, assuming we could shoulder aside the card gamers. But if anyone wants to take on some Wolves, let me know!

Edit: Can field anything up to and including about 8k worth of wolves, so apoc games are definately an interest (one a week has dropped to one in 6 months /cry)

Edited by OnlyInDeath

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How populated is the Milwaukee area? I go to school at the Milwaukee School of Engineering and I am just getting back into the hobby. There is a store somewhat near but it would be over an hour bus trip for me to get there.

• 2 months later...
For those from a bit further north, Fountain Of Youth Games in Eau Claire has a pretty steady following, one can get a pick up game most any afternoon or evening. theres usually 2-3 40k players in the store at a given time, with a fairly broad range of armies represented.

Yarrrr

FOY is the fastest growing group. BTW Cheese heads. the minnisotans over in St Pauls Misty Mountain have challenged us the week after next (the 7th) And i plan on going over there and showing them whats up

BTW I was playing White Scars.. but with out a good result from the bikes. and more importantly. With my Norse back ground and Heathen religion. I Found my way to Space Wolves

• 1 year later...
Hey all, Anthony here from Milwaukee getting back into things in the 40k World, I have a sizeable BT force and would love to join up with groups who do game nights (Weekends are preffered) Send a P.M.!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I am in Woodstock Il and I play at Lake Geneva Games. they have a good if small (but growing) gaming group. They have a website LGG Gamers where matches can be set up. Check them out they are a friendly bunch.