Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

We need organize a huge game between the Toronto guys. We could have an apocalypse game perhaps. I'm actually trying to get a 2x2 2000 points per player game this friday Oct 10 at a LGS just down the street from the lawerence store. The place is called the 2 headed dragon, you can find the site online. If you can make it PM me, as of right now it's myself with BAs, and another chap I met there (he's 19 I think) with Tau. we need two more players people!!! Edited by I am Legion

Same here. Me and BOBMackenzie play at the same store often. Though for some reason he never plays me......

hey I've played against you at least three times :P

I'm always up for another game. How does next thursday sound? Im considering trying out the new marine codex abit with alittle counts as for units.

Your on Bob! Hey how about this, if you don't mind a bit of counts as, Ill use Blood Angels and we will have the BA vs New Codex marines smack down we have been jawing at each other about.

Sounds like a plan. I'll see you there ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for an opponent on friday october 24. If anyone is interested PM me or I'll check back. By the way, that's tomorrow. Weekend is fine too. I want to try out the new marine codex. I'm a big fan of team play, this way 4 people play and it's just fun, plus bigger game, lot's of crap on the table. 95% of my stuff is painted, If I use a drop pod, it will be primed.

• 3 weeks later...

im a long time painter, short time player. would love to get together and play regularly on the weekends. im not too familiar with the rules as yet, but thats part of the process i guess. opponents require extreme patience! haha

im within range of the gw at yonge and lawrence as well as within driving range of heroes world in richmond hill/markham

Ive had my ass kicked into gear by a gaming group with Cpt. Chapel and have a WIP army on the go.

For those that want a friendly meet and cheat, maybe one night at the Toronto Bunker should be scheduled to get to know some faces.

Personally I prefer older mature players just so I can go drinking after.

You should go to the toronto bunker on thursdays then, the vets night is almost all people 25+ years old and a lot who are 30+ years old, and they are all real nice guys. Oh and there is a 1700 pt tourney there next sat also, not sure if there are any spots left but you can always ask!

You should go to the toronto bunker on thursdays then, the vets night is almost all people 25+ years old and a lot who are 30+ years old, and they are all real nice guys. Oh and there is a 1700 pt tourney there next sat also, not sure if there are any spots left but you can always ask!

thursdays eh....what time does it usually start? i think i might pop in for a look around this week and follow up with bringing a force next week maybe. are the games typically 1500 pts?

thanks for the heads up!

Theres usually a few people there starting at about 2pm, including me.

Yeah the games are usually 1500, but this week it would be a good bet to bring 1700 list and 1500 list, since people will be busing out the 1700 lists to get ready for the tourney. If your there Ill be more then happy to play ya. Look for a tall guy with a beard and glasses, who has a mean lean tau army ready to rock!

I just started playing 40K a few weeks ago. All I have is the Black Reach box so all I can field around 600 points of either Marines or Orks at the moment (after upgrades, if you aren't too picky about the WYSIWYG rule) unless someone has more than one army they'd be willing to haul in and let me use.

I want to get some games in if someone's willing to show me the ropes. Anyone interested in getting things going on Fridays or Sundays?

Friday nights, Two Headed Dragon at Yonge and Elmwood (across the street from Dairy Queen, 2nd floor) is open until 10 and has a few 4X4s available.

Sunday nights, either at the Yonge & Lawrence bunker or Two Headed Dragon.

Also, if any of you know where and when to find pick up games or beginner friendly tourneys in Toronto (other than Yonge & Lawrence on Thursdays), let me know.

Edited by E_J

So how about it? Let's get a game in this weekend (NOV 22-23). If 4 of us show up then we can get a 2x2 game going. I have to use marines as I only have 700 points of an illigal tau army painted or purchased. There is a bit more parking at the GW then there is at the Two Headed Dragon so I'd prefer to go there.

Also, how old is everybody around here? I'm 27. So I too prefer someone a bit older to play against. Though I can't drink, I have to drive there.

So how about it? Let's get a game in this weekend (NOV 22-23). If 4 of us show up then we can get a 2x2 game going. I have to use marines as I only have 700 points of an illigal tau army painted or purchased. There is a bit more parking at the GW then there is at the Two Headed Dragon so I'd prefer to go there.

Also, how old is everybody around here? I'm 27. So I too prefer someone a bit older to play against. Though I can't drink, I have to drive there.

This Saturday is out for me, I'm tied up all day. I can definitely do Sunday.

As for the location, while the GW store has better parking, I went there yesterday and it was packed full of 10 year olds so be prepared for that. It got really noisy really quick, especially once they started the 'Megabattle', which is basically giving each kid a handful of units and pitching them against each other.

There were a lot of tables there though so I doubt we'd have any trouble getting one.

And FYI I'm 29.

Yeah I've been to that location a few times. Actually sunday sounds great for me.

Do the megabattles happen on saturday alone or is it on sunday as well? I'd prefer to be there when the kids are more or less gone since screaming children make me regret playing this game at such an age still. But otherwise I have no problem. I'd like to be there on thursday for veterans night, but my work schedule takes my weekdays away from me.

I wouldnt mind going to the 2 headed dragon, but my problem is is that the bigger parking behind the THD is of one of my clients. And I really don't want him knowing what I'm doing in my free time. Especially when it's playing with toy soldiers. But either way I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll tell him that I'm going shopping for a few hours........ :blink:

I'd love to get a game going this week. I was thinking about stopping by the GW on Thursday afternoon for the veterans night, just to check it out. I couldn't go last week, but I'm going to make an effort this week. Hopefully I can set something up for a game next week. What I am really looking for is a regularly scheduled game or two, once a week or so. I am 23, so I would prefer a more mature player, but God knows I myself am immature at times. I also have teenage relatives who are very mature, so age is by no means a guarantee, just an indication.

If you guys are playing, I would love to stop by. I have a marine army and can assemble a larger than average sized army, though most of it is repetitive because I liked the models and I did not start playing until this year (If I had played, I probably would not have gotten 4 whirlwinds!). Depending on what time the game is going down, I will either drive or take the bus.

Is there free parking behind the THD or around the GW Toronto Bunker? I would prefer Saturday, but Sunday is not inconvenient.

Yeah I've been to that location a few times. Actually sunday sounds great for me.

Do the megabattles happen on saturday alone or is it on sunday as well?

The megabattle was on sunday, not saturday.

Is there free parking behind the THD or around the GW Toronto Bunker? I would prefer Saturday, but Sunday is not inconvenient.

There is parking behind THD but it was a bit cramped when I went. On a sunday around there, I'd expect that there's street parking somewhere close by.

Also, it's starting to look like this Saturday at around 2pm would be better than Sunday. Still trying to figure things out.

Trying to schedule my weekend around previous obligations while still having time with the wife is hard. I'll know for sure where and when I can play on Tuesday.

The Nov 28-30th, I'll be free Friday night and Sunday afternoon during GW/THD hours for sure. Not sure about Saturday.

Edited by E_J

Really the best way to get there is Lawrence Subway stop, its literally a 30 second walk from the stop. (if you get off on the N exit of the subway)

I second this. Its the subway exit that says "Buses on other side" or something along thoose lines in giant letters above it. (its the automated entrance/exit) Near the front of the training if you are going north to get to it.