Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

So saturday seems to be the concensus, right? I can field a minimum apoc army, with vanilla, and like 3650 with blood angels. I just finished painting my first Drop Pod, so I will definetly want to try it out (thanks again Bobmckenzie, I know you hate me now). But I'll be happy to bring a 1500 point army. I try to proxy very little. Mainly PFs instead of PWs. So there won't be much confusion.

So saturday seems to be the concensus, right?

I could squeeze Saturday in, something like 2pm to 4pm, but now the wife says Sunday would be better because we're so tight for time Saturday. Honestly, Friday at THD would be the easiest for me but it looks like nobody else is up for it.

Next week's gonna be easier to plan out.

Fridays are bad for me, otherwise I'd be more involved with the THD competitions, and I would actually get games in. Also, I have a game VS my friend in that evening. I'd like to bring him by any of the stores but he doesn't have an army. He has some tyranids but almost non are painted, most are straight out bases with letters, and the painted ones are falling apart. No one would let him proxy the amount that he'd need too. Once you get used to it, it's pretty easy though.

I'm good for Sunday at the THD or GW. I prefer earlier in the day, but I'm flexible this weekend. Just let me know when and where. Saturdays are usually best for me because I can get the car in the afternoons and can avoid either getting dropped off or taking the bus.

I can field a pretty large space marine army, but what should I bring for this weekend? 1500 pts? The guys I first started to play with absolutely hated proxying, but I dont mind as I think it gives you a chance to test something out before you buy it. I'd like to try proxying some of the new SM special characters, if the others dont mind. The rest of my army should be WYSIWYG I think.

It seems that the majority here have Space Marine armies. Do any of you guys field other armies as well?

Its starting to look like this saturday is just too tight for me to get a game in.

If one of you wants to do sunday let me know.

Keep in mind I can't field anything like what you guys have. If you'd rather not play me let me know, I'd like to get a game in but I can do without.

Sorry guys, the weekend after should be better, either location.

Edited by E_J

Sunday is fine for me. And surprisingly, next weekend is open for me as well. I wish I could bring another army but I sold my tyranids for $300 to a friend, but now I want them back as they are all painted. Problem is I don't want to spend $300 because gift season is just around the corner....

I don't mind proxying at all. so go nuts. Just remember what you bloody have and don't forget in the middle of the game..........

you change your mind like nuts e_j. It's funny. Anyway I'll be at the THD saturday night as kenjones1 asked me to come. I'll be happy to have a couple rounds with you to get you to learn the rules real quick. I'll bring a 750 point army to deal with you.

As for sunday If you all want to meet at the lawerence bunker then let me know and I'll come down at around noon I guess.

This will be my first weekend in like 10 years where I have a game three nights in a row. I'm kinda excited. also feel nice and nerdy.

you change your mind like nuts e_j. It's funny. Anyway I'll be at the THD saturday night as kenjones1 asked me to come. I'll be happy to have a couple rounds with you to get you to learn the rules real quick. I'll bring a 750 point army to deal with you.

As for sunday If you all want to meet at the lawerence bunker then let me know and I'll come down at around noon I guess.

This will be my first weekend in like 10 years where I have a game three nights in a row. I'm kinda excited. also feel nice and nerdy.

I remember the good old days when I was available for anything, any time and didn't have to change my plans thee times a day.

Then I got married.

Lawrence Bunker, noon, on Sunday sounds good. Look for the guy with the black primed marines and only slightly painted orks (I need to paint, badly), and possibly a slight hangover.

Just so you know, I played a bit at THD last Thursday and Friday then at Missisauga on Saturday, so I have the basics down.

Ok for those coming down to the bunker on sunday, I have made a 1500 point army of WYSIWYG. Unfortunetly it's just a vanilla marine army. If we all bring marine armies then maybe we'll find some other players to team up against.

So Sunday NOV 23 2008 at 12:00 pm.

I go by the name of Max. I'm the tall skinny guy. I'll wear a leather jacket unless it's really cold, in which case it will be a black long coat.

Ok for those coming down to the bunker on sunday, I have made a 1500 point army of WYSIWYG. Unfortunetly it's just a vanilla marine army. If we all bring marine armies then maybe we'll find some other players to team up against.

This is why I'm doing my marines up as a made up chapter with black armor.

That way I have an army of regular marines, easy to say they're a Blood Angels successor chapter (add a splash of red, a death company and a furioso dreadnought) and hell, in a pinch, I could drop down a unit of lesser demons or something and call them Chaos.

Won't go over well in tournaments but for friendly pick up games it will give me two different ways to play SM and then I can play Chaos if there's nobody but other SM players around.

And then I have Orks and hell, they'll fight anything, including themselves.

Also, looks like I'm getting another box of Black Reach.

The best thing about Orks is getting more of them.

Edited by E_J

Will you want to join into the 1500 point game then e_j? If you can that would be great. Oh, actually, I can't believe I didn't think of it. For our 750 point game I can bring my tau if it all fits. I'd need to proxy a commander. It's a WIP army as i am slowly building it up. But it wouldn't be marines on marines this way. oh and will you be at THD on saturday? I think they need a 4th to join them against the store owner.

Ok, so far I am in for Sunday at noonish ( I will probably be a little late, seeing as how it's lunchtime!).

I can bring 1500 points of vanilla marines. Do you guys mind if I proxy either Captain Lysander (CC Terminator) or Chaplain Cassius (Standard Chaplain).

Also, if it's not terribly cold tomorrow, and I am reasonably productive at work and can leave on time, I was thinking about stopping by the bunker to see the veterans night activities. Will anyone else be there?

My name is Sam. I am dark brown and wear glasses, haha.

I'll be there Sunday.

Name's Jeff.

Also, I have a second box of Black Reach so as long as you guys don't mind playing against possibly partially assembled stuff, I'll have a lot more on the table (900 points of Ork, 1170 of Marines if I go WYSWYG, a bit more if I do some on paper upgrades beyond what's shown on the models). I'm going to try to at least get them assembled and primed but with the time I have and the weather, I'm not sure how far I'll get.

I can't make the bunker this Thursday.

Edited by E_J

I won't be able to make it thursday as my grandmother was put into the hospital today, but i will be there for sunday. I don't mind proxies. hey suncrusher, don't you think that two special characters is a bit much for 1500 points? Not that I care, I'll enjoy the challenge, it'll feel like facing a monstrous Creature marine army.

Hey Legion...I dont think I will use both in a single game, I'd just like to try one or the other out in a few games before I go ahead and buy the models. You are right though, 325 pts for 2 models would be too much in a 1500 point game.

Hey E_J, which army are you looking to focus on, orks or marines? I'm thinking of ordering a Black Reach boxed set.

I want a basic marine army (2 troop, hq, troop transports, 2 dreads and maybe a fast attack squad) so I can play with people who don't have their own army but I'm going to focus on orks.

If you buy a black reach box I might want the boyz if the price is right but I don't think I need anything else from the black reach box.

Problem is I've been too spendy lately. My wife was gracious enough to let me get another black reach but I promised to not get anything else before chtistmas so the boyz would need to be a real deal.

Edited by E_J

Hey guys, my grandmother passed away on friday and the funeral is at 10 am on sunday. I'm not sure how long this is going to take. Probably well past noon. If anything, I will still try to come down but it will probably be at around 2 or 3 pm. Maybe 1, but that may be pushing it. So if you guys want to come a little later, that would be great. We really thought she'd make it throught the weekend, but that's not the case. Thanks for understanding. I built an all around army at 1500, so there won't be any surprises.

Legion, sorry to hear about your loss. You should not feel any pressure to make it down tomorrow. I think it might be best to maybe postpone this game/get together to next weekend. It seems that it fits better into everyone's schedules.

Is everyone cool with next Saturday maybe?

Well I didn't get a chance to game at all this weekend as it turns out, but for tomorrow everyone goes home at around 1 or 2. I'll definetly need someway to relax after everything is over. I'll call into the store at the very least to see if anyone is there. If you guys can make it for the afternoon, then write and let me know before 9:30 am tomorrow.

Thank you Suncrusher.

Well I didn't get a chance to game at all this weekend as it turns out, but for tomorrow everyone goes home at around 1 or 2. I'll definetly need someway to relax after everything is over. I'll call into the store at the very least to see if anyone is there. If you guys can make it for the afternoon, then write and let me know before 9:30 am tomorrow.

Honestly, this weeks been hell and the weekend not much better. I need a chance to sleep in and chill. Let's put it off until next Saturday. I'm free all weekend so it won't be any problem.

I spent all week trying to juggle studying for work training (ITIL, really boring stuff) and scrambling to try to get my guys at least assembled, primed and given a basecoat but I wanted to at least do the ork skin base coat without the models assembled so I snap assembled, primed, then took them apart. The arms are kinda flimsy now after assembling and taking apart so basically I have to either decide to touch up or glue them together and hope for the best. Same with the heads, which I'd like to do a bit of detail on.

I'm almost done the skin but if we put it off until next weekend, I can field something better than headless one armed zombie Orks.

Today on the way home I did stop and bought some gear so I can do a better job painting as well as scratch building a few basic power klaws and bosspoles to give to my nobs.

Check this baby out.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4026/dscf2690zy0.jpg

Edited by E_J