Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

THD on Friday sounds perfect. I'll show up at 6pm and can stay late.

No go for Saturday, I promised my wife she could at least have 1 day with me this weekend.

Sunday, we'll see how that goes. If everyone can make it Friday maybe I'll just use Sunday to paint and do some stuff I've been neglecting. If you can only make it sunday I_Am_Legion, I'll be able to show up at the GW store at around 1 and stay till close.

Prepare a footslogger army, 1000 pts. No heavy armor unless you want to be a warhamm and put something on the table I have no hope in hell of taking out. I will have 6 Deffcoptaz (Twin linked rockets, S8 AP3 24" range) so if you guys want to field dreads or Rhinos I will have something to counter that size effectively.

If only the 3 of us show up to play, maybe you two can team up against me. 1/2 an army each for you vs my junk. Don't know how that'll play out.

They have various terrain pieces so we can do some interesting buildings/forests. I wouldn't mind mixing things up. Seeing as there won't be much cool manouvering with armor tight quarters might make for some interesting fights.

Hopefully after Christmas I'll start accumulating some ded killy looted wagonz (might build them myself) and some lootas, burnas and tankbustas to squish your fancier marine stuff.

"L is for Lootin. Dis is now MINE! I'm gonna paint it red den put some spinnaz on it. Den I'm gunna add more gunz."

"I is for Imperials. Dey like to poke dere nozes in our stuff an stop us blowin fings up with their shooty guns n big pritty armor. Dis one has more bitz on him than my cousin's wartrukk. Bet he clatters when he falls over."

Edited by E_J

I would gladly hand over the IF iconography as I would never use it, but if you're willing to trade, I know I can use those BA ones somewhere. I have to let you know tomorrow if I can do friday.

The coptas have awesome armament. It's BS 2 but it's twin-linked krak missiles. I already made a footslogger army though I really wanted to use my predator. No problem, you've got a new army, I'll go as easy as possible! ;)

BTW are the coptas vehicles? or are they troop enhancers like bikes?

ok I'll be there at 5 or 6 tomorrow. Should I bring my 1000 point army anyway?

See you there (Try and bring a 1500pts list as well thats the general standard so if you end up playing 2 games or what have you then that will work out. )

I'm going to show up tomorrow at around 6 so you'll have some Orks to shoot at.

The good news is all Orks all now have arms and heads, except for 3 copta pilots that I'm not going to assemble until after I paint (pain in the butt to get at their heads and chests).

With upgrades (sadly not WYSIWYG, don't have nearly enough time to make klaws for my nobs and mod their weapons, but easy to keep track of) it comes to 1130 points, I think.

Well for a first round, I made a simple army with one easy to deal with surprise element. But it is a 1000 point army. So please cut your army down a bit. Sadly I won't be able to stay for two games BOB, so I can only get this game out. I made a great 1500 Point list for next time though.

I'll be at the store at 6 then. Driving here will be a pain during rush hour i fear, but whatever. I'll leave early. I'm not sure of what I'll be wearing, but I will have a leather jacket on at the very least. I'm a 6"2' white skinny guy with brown hair and brown eyes. I won't bring a rulebook as I don't want to lug that around, but I will have my codex and a list. I think everything is WYSIWYG minus one combat shield on one of the sergeants (I just like adding them to some sergeants). I don't expect to win with this list but I'll do a bit of damage at the very least. I have templates incase you don't E_J.

I found out that I cannot make it to the THD this friday though. The friends have made some plans already that I only found out about 5 minutes ago.

Well for a first round, I made a simple army with one easy to deal with surprise element. But it is a 1000 point army. So please cut your army down a bit. Sadly I won't be able to stay for two games BOB, so I can only get this game out. I made a great 1500 Point list for next time though.

Right on then man, another time.

Why dont you take the TTC? You'll be heading the opposite direction of everyone. Its fast and easy.

EDIT: Nevermind, trimmed down my list a bit. 993 pts.

Also, as for game type. I'm not sure. I've only done elimination games. If you want to do an objective based one that's cool.

Edited by E_J

Great playing you guys tonight. My wife said she really enjoyed herself too.

Seeing as we're skipping Friday for Sunday, are we doing it at GW again or at THD? I just plain forgot 15 seconds after I got in the car.

Just so you remember, THD's hours are 1-6 on Sunday and they aren't as strict about clearing people out.

GW - 12-5 has nicer tables but it's full of children on Sunday.

Edited by E_J

It's THD. And even if there are people there, we can go into the side room with the bigger table. They have one that I really like. It's like a magma world type. And 1500 Points 3 way (or 4 way if Natasha can make it) would be awesome. I can be there at 1 but let me see how my weekend goes.

And I had a great time as well. It's hard to meet normal people my age who play 40k.

THD it is.

Side room? Magma table? I never saw any of this stuff, just the room where they keep the Warhammer/Warmachine stuff with the tables in the middle.

I'm going to take tomorrow to myself and maybe build some Trukks and Looted Wagons out of Lego.

This thread makes me very happy.

I live in Toronto normally and will be back just before Christmas intime to spend the holidays with the family.

Maybe we can get in some battles after Christmas or in the new year - I have about 3000 points of marines (I think), about 1800 points of tyranids and .... somewhere between 1000-1500 points of eldar I don't really ever use.

And as much as I am down for beers after the game, normally I prefer to start during the game. *shrug* I guess that's the problem with playing in the store.