New York, USA

Aeson

Thanks JamesI. Do you know if there are any web based ways to get into contact with these people. I know Zombie planet is the local gaming store but there ane never any players there.

Zombie Planet is only 1 store. There is another.

I'll send a private message.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm a relative newcomer to 40K and am currently assembling a modest Iron Hands force. The big problem is where I live. I'm in the little town of Broadalbin in Fulton County, NY (East Central region of the state). With gas prices as they are, I was hoping to find someone to play some friendly games against without having to commute all the way to the Capitol District.

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone in the Dutchess County area? Dragon's Den every Wednesday night, although it unfortunately may have to make room for D&D players as well. I've met some of those players, and they annoy me (not knocking D&D, just some people there). I need recruits!

• 2 weeks later...

To announce this to the Albany area players, there will be a Doubles Tournament at Flights of Fantasy on July 11th.

1250 per player. PM me for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be moving to West Point, NY in several weeks and am looking for information on local gaming clubs. A quick search of the GW site shows the closest GW store in the city. Hoping to find something closer.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

+++Redleg,

Two places are within 30-45 minutes of West Point:

Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie NY (north and east of West Point)

ToyWiz in Nanuet, NY

Toy Wiz is more accessible via the Palisades Parkway and runs monthly tournaments for 40K and / or WHFB.

Martellus+++

+++Redleg,

Two places are within 30-45 minutes of West Point:

Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie NY (north and east of West Point)

ToyWiz in Nanuet, NY

Toy Wiz is more accessible via the Palisades Parkway and runs monthly tournaments for 40K and / or WHFB.

Martellus+++

Martellus...thanks for the heads up. Anymore information on ToyWiz? I checked out their site but couldn't find dates or details. Thanks

+++They've got a 40K doubles tournament on 13 June. Call the store number and ask for Matt if you want details. I recall that there is a small fee to enter and food is provided (I'd recommend that you bring your own) during the tournament.

They've got 8-10 4' x 6' gaming tables with a variety of terrain from Imperial urban ruins, desert buttes, jungle deathworld, and the usual detritus from previous editions of WH40K. It can get crowded on tournament weekends, but they've got a lot of room in their gaming area and their GW selection is good for either the beginner or veteran player.

Martellus+++

+++They've got a 40K doubles tournament on 13 June. Call the store number and ask for Matt if you want details. I recall that there is a small fee to enter and food is provided (I'd recommend that you bring your own) during the tournament.

They've got 8-10 4' x 6' gaming tables with a variety of terrain from Imperial urban ruins, desert buttes, jungle deathworld, and the usual detritus from previous editions of WH40K. It can get crowded on tournament weekends, but they've got a lot of room in their gaming area and their GW selection is good for either the beginner or veteran player.

Martellus+++

I stopped by both Dragon's and Toywiz yesterday on my whirlwind tour of NY. I liked Toywiz a lot and will try to stop in. How cutthroat are the tournaments? I'm a new player and haven't actually played against anybody else but one buddy. Maybe it would be better to head down and do a pickup game instead? Thanks for the tip though.

• 2 weeks later...
isn't there anyone downstate? Brooklyn here

Try the Warmonger Club at the Compleat Strategist in NYC...

I think the warmongers and the GW in the village are your only choices for city gaming. We have a club just outside the city in westchester that meets monday nights in white plains and a store in the same city that has gaming fridays and sundays. Our club usually has 15-20 people show up mondays with plenty of tables so getting a game is never a problem. We have a yahoo group under battle for salvation if you dont mind the drive out here as I know we have at least 2 people who drive up from the city to play with us.

Anything happening in the Ithaca area? I'm moving to the area in a few weeks, hoping to get a regular game going.

There is a place called Comix Zone, which is in N. Syracuse. About an hour or so from Ithaca. I believe 40k nights are Thursdays, with maybe another night available(not sure on that). Very friendly staff. From what I understand there is a good sized crowd of dedicated gamers there.

PM me if you want more information.

Renn

Anything happening in the Ithaca area? I'm moving to the area in a few weeks, hoping to get a regular game going.

I can't speak for Ithaca, proper, but there is a crew in binghamton that has a decent following. They meet sundays at around noon for play and usually expect between 4-8 players.

If you want a link to their forum, let me know and i can send it to you in a pm. They're a good group of guys more focused on balanced armies than butch ones.

• 1 month later...

+++Just a heads up on the next tournament at ToyWiz in Nanuet:

WARHAMMER 40K TOURNAMENT

August 8th there will be a 1850-point Warhammer 40k Tournament at 11:00 AM. (Be there by 10:30AM) All generals must bring 2 copies of their army list. There is a 25% painting requirement for this Tournament. The tournament is 3 rounds. There is a $10 entry fee with pre-registration, and $15 without pre-registration.

Usually brings in a good crowd. Wish I could make it over to the event, but I'll be putting the finishing touches on prep for the next academic year at West Point. :D

Martellus+++

• 2 weeks later...
To announce this to the Albany area players, there will be a Doubles Tournament at Flights of Fantasy on July 11th.

1250 per player. PM me for more info.

Due to some issues with the original store, the tournament has been moved to September 19th in East Greenbush. So anyone in the Albany area interested let me know.