New York, USA

Aeson

Anyone around Middletown in Orange County? am from Sullivan County, but Middletown is a short drive from where I work

From middletown, it's about an hour to Poughkeepsie for the Dragon's Den, 54 minutes to nanuet for Toy Wiz. Poughkeepsie is closer to Sullivan county so you might wanna check out the stores and see what you prefer/time scheduling and stuff. Send me a PM if you have any questions about either place. Sorry there's nothing closer otherwise I would have been there already.

actually, was hoping someone would be from middletown, as that's about an hour from my house, so poughkeepsie is about 2 hours, plus, I work nights, so I'm either sleeping, or at work for anything from 2PM to 7AM

Well, I wish I could help you out buddy. but sullivan is actually only an hour (hour 20 from monticello) from Poughkeepsie. Nanuet is two hours from sullivan. Just keep in mind about it I guess and if your saturdays are a little more open we do noon to 6. Best of luck to you and hope to see you at some point!

Anyone around Middletown in Orange County? am from Sullivan County, but Middletown is a short drive from where I work

From middletown, it's about an hour to Poughkeepsie for the Dragon's Den, 54 minutes to nanuet for Toy Wiz. Poughkeepsie is closer to Sullivan county so you might wanna check out the stores and see what you prefer/time scheduling and stuff. Send me a PM if you have any questions about either place. Sorry there's nothing closer otherwise I would have been there already.

actually, was hoping someone would be from middletown, as that's about an hour from my house, so poughkeepsie is about 2 hours, plus, I work nights, so I'm either sleeping, or at work for anything from 2PM to 7AM

Well, I wish I could help you out buddy. but sullivan is actually only an hour (hour 20 from monticello) from Poughkeepsie. Nanuet is two hours from sullivan. Just keep in mind about it I guess and if your saturdays are a little more open we do noon to 6. Best of luck to you and hope to see you at some point!

actually, I'm in western part of sullivan, monticello is about 30 minutes away, so it is around 2 hours away... but saturdays are usually not a problem, except this week, gotta help demolish something, so perhaps one of these weekends I could get out that way... any particular point costs involved?

actually, I'm in western part of sullivan, monticello is about 30 minutes away, so it is around 2 hours away... but saturdays are usually not a problem, except this week, gotta help demolish something, so perhaps one of these weekends I could get out that way... any particular point costs involved?

Brutal.... But no, not any particular points costs really but we've recently started an escalation league (no $ cost) if you're interested at all. If not then myself and another player that runs these things usually have an army available to play against. After that is a six week campaign (still a "bad guy" slot open) for $10-20, an 8 week desolation league starting at 2500, then we may be doing 40K WWII battles. The last two potential cash costs are still unknown for prize support etc etc. We are there from noon to either six or nine depending on Saturday magic events. If you need directions let me know. Hope to see you out there!

Brutal.... But no, not any particular points costs really but we've recently started an escalation league (no $ cost) if you're interested at all. If not then myself and another player that runs these things usually have an army available to play against. After that is a six week campaign (still a "bad guy" slot open) for $10-20, an 8 week desolation league starting at 2500, then we may be doing 40K WWII battles. The last two potential cash costs are still unknown for prize support etc etc. We are there from noon to either six or nine depending on Saturday magic events. If you need directions let me know. Hope to see you out there!

sounds pretty good, although the demo is taking a little longer than expected, but like I said, some weekend... as for directions, I've got a nav system, so not a problem

sounds pretty good, although the demo is taking a little longer than expected, but like I said, some weekend... as for directions, I've got a nav system, so not a problem

Excellent! See you out there one weekend! Look for the guy with really large chops, a goatee, and a bad hairstyle. That's me.

• 1 month later...

This is just to announce a Tournament at the Dragon's Den coming up on June 12th. I am putting in custom rules and very amusing effects for it to make it a little less boring and more creative. Here's a rule I'm tinkering with.

SUPPORT!!!!!!!

One time in the tournament, yell SUPPORT!!!! when you are in dire need of assistance. Consult the Apocalypse allies matrix, and if any allied/tolerant army player wishes, he may choose to fire onto your battlefield instead with a single round/shot. Range is doubled for this effect on non-ordnance weapons (i.e. a lascannon becomes 96 inches). Who knows, you may get a free basilisk round or a Chapter Masters Orbital Bombardment in your opponents face!

There is no limit to the amount of times someone may fire onto another battlefield, but in the next shooting phase, that weapon may not fire at all. Also, it may only move it's maximum move as if it was going to shoot (so raining a barrage, the vehicle can neither move, nor fire) so be careful you don't randomly throw in the support call! If a single shot weapon is used, this has no effect (i.e. Orbital Bombardment, Deathstrike Missile).

There will be more to come!

• 1 month later...

For those who are interested, there is a very robust group that plays regularly in the Binghamton Area. 20+ players, 8-12 on any given weekend. Many are always open to a game. They tend to play at a local game store called Jupiter Games in Vestal, NY.

If you are interested, check out the Broome County Adeptus online, they have a forum to organize games and recently ran qualifiers for 'Ard boyz Tourney.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
we can always use new guest at our battle for salvation club in white plains NY

Is battle for salvation open to the public? I am from NYC but have a friend that lives up in Larchmont. We are both getting back into the game after 6 years and have been playing at Comic Book Heaven up in White Plains as it is two blocks off metro north (easy for both of us to get too). Wonderful guy has been teaching us, Bishop, and i seem to remember him mentioning battle for salvation.

Anyways, I play grey knights so will be about another month until I am playable again and am looking for a good group of people to play with.

Edited by bearden441

Not sure if anyone from BFS got back to you yet, but it's open on Mondays for a small free (I think they start at 6pm). Then they have a one time club fee option in which you don't pay each Monday. I know a few of them play at CBH on like Fridays. They're an awesome group and will be more than happy to get you back up to speed with the game. I'm not part of their club, but they come to our tourneys at Br Grim on LI and we love having them. They also have a Yahoo group Email list that I recommend joining. Good luck, and I hope to see you at one of our Tourneys in the near future

-G

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm from Nassau County and I usually go to the GW store on W.8th. I buy some of my stuff from Grasshoppers Comics in E. Williston, I hear they have some players there that usually play on Thursday so I've been meaning to check them out.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
For anyone who lives in the New York City area, my group meets at Get There Games in Staten Island. The address is 1759 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island, NY, 10314. For the most part this is a collectible card gaming store, notably Magic the Gathering and Yugioh, but the owners have started stocking Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy. We usually meet on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For those in the area or not too far out there is a small group of players in Alleghany County in Upper new york state. Four or five of us that play and are looking for more people. Unfortunately the local gaming store isn't really moved the direction of Warhammer 40k yet though there is a grouping of us that play.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I am a college student living in DC who is in the process of composing my senior thesis, which is on women in gaming culture.  If you are a woman who is involved with wargaming (or know of someone who is) and you are interested in talking to me, please message me and I can give you more project details!  I realize this is a strange request to post on this forum, but I would be grateful for any help I can get!

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We have a great group that meets up every Wednesday at Mark's Comics in Valley Stream, Long Island  to battle and model our armies.  Come on down and enjoy some games or chill out and paint.  Mark has a pretty good stock of warhammer items if you need something.  PM me if you have any questions  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marks-Comics-Collectibles-Inc/200305380294?ref=br_tf

• 3 months later...

Anyone in the Dutchess County area? Dragon's Den every Wednesday night, although it unfortunately may have to make room for D&D players as well. I've met some of those players, and they annoy me (not knocking D&D, just some people there). I need recruits!

I remember the D&D crowd. Too many kids.  

I just recently moved to Albany but there should still be guys playing at the Den.  Come up to Albany on a monday to Grimfoe games and have a blast. They are the best 40k crowd I have ever encountered. 

For those who are interested, there is a very robust group that plays regularly in the Binghamton Area. 20+ players, 8-12 on any given weekend. Many are always open to a game. They tend to play at a local game store called Jupiter Games in Vestal, NY.

If you are interested, check out the Broome County Adeptus online, they have a forum to organize games and recently ran qualifiers for 'Ard boyz Tourney.

What a coincidence. I used to live in Binghamton. 

• 3 months later...

Hello,

We are a gaming club based in Middle Village, Queens, New York CIty. We have two basement game rooms a block away from one another. We are long-term players, who have been at it since the 80s. We are always looking for players, games, and visitors.

We feature:

5 full time players

5 part time players

10 armies of 1500-600 pts including-

Grey Knights

Dark Angels

Inquisition

Orks

Astra Militarum

Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Daemons (mostly Tzeentch)

Eldar

Dark Eldar

Necrons

3 full size game boards and terrain-

death world

jungle world

snow/ice world

1 in progress-

city board

1 Apocalypse board-

death world

We get together up to 6 days a week in some number or another, to paint, assemble, convert, play, talk strategy, and just do 40k.

We have a meetup page, so check us out: http://www.meetup.com/Queens-FC/

Everyone is welcome. We hold tourneys, run campaigns, and do everything from kill team to apocalypse!

Edited by fabambina

• 3 months later...

WE have a club in NY NY at the complete strategist. We also play a lot in park slope Brooklyn at NuBrand. PM me if you are looking for a game. 30k or 40k.