Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arizona, USA

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

dvdhwk

dvdhwk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
Hey all,

Anyone in Tucson? I'm close by to Hat's Games.

I play 40k, Fantasy, Bloodbowl, BFG, LotR, Hordes, and Warmachine.

I'm busy with finals for the next couple weeks, but would love to meet some more people down here in Tucson.

Sean

PinoyC

PinoyC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
Hey DVDHWK, I'm not in Tucson yet but I'll be there in a month or two (after I get back from my trip and move to DM). How is Hat's? I've seen their website while looking for gaming stores but there only so much you can get from it. I'd be happy to play a game of 40k, Apocolypse, or WHFB...I'm also looking into starting Epic/BFG. I've also just started WM/Hordes and picked up the rules for AT-43 (waiting to get the Ragnarok later too).

Later,
Carter

dvdhwk

dvdhwk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
Hat's is a really great store with a really friendly staff and tons of room to play. I used to work at a LGS up in Phoenix, and my schedule allowed me more time to hang around and pick up games here and there. Plus everyone knew me, and so I could always find a game.

Since I moved down here last summer, my schedule hasn't permitted me to just hang out and get to know the crowd. I might get a couple hours to game, and I want to make sure that I actually get games in. My schedule will free up a bit this summer.

I've played there at a couple of tourneys, and twice when friends came down to visit.

Send me a PM when you get down here. Also, do you know about www.adeptusarizona.com? It's a GW community message board (mostly for Phoenix, but I still am on it quite frequently.

Sean

deathdealer23

deathdealer23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
Hey well Tucson is a "short" drive from Yuma. :)

dvdhwk

dvdhwk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Hey well Tucson is a "short" drive from Yuma. :P

That depends on who's making the "short" drive. You or me? <_<

deathdealer23

deathdealer23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts
:P haha we can alternate if you cant find a game. <_<

azironlegion

azironlegion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
A little thread necromancy but im in tucson.

I play predominantly BFG but will have 2k points of templars ready to go in the next month or so. I usually go to Nemesis games but have been stopping by hats the past few days.
There are known known's and known unknown's, and then there are unknown unknown's, things we dont know that we dont know!

Brother Krux

Brother Krux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 171 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
I'm not trying to raise this thread from the dead and I know that it is usually bad form to post on a topic that has been inactive this long but...

I just recently moved back to Tucson and I live on the upper west side (Ina and Thornydale area).
I am looking for a game "buddy" close to this area. If anyone is interested please send a PM.

Edited by Brother Krux, 28 December 2008 - 03:55 AM.

QUOTE (Brother Krux @ Jul 29 2008, 12:14 PM) 
...historically though Righteous Zeal is not about getting across the table; it is about crushing Xenos scum-bags into muddy puddles of goo while praising the Emperor at the top of your lungs.

QUOTE (Sigismund Himself @ Jan 8 2009, 05:41 AM) 
Black Templars- getting the Emperor's Will done since M31...

QUOTE (Brother Vader @ Nov 6 2009, 04:06 PM) 
Brother Krux, you are a madman!

Masnagj

Masnagj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts

A little thread necromancy but im in tucson.

I play predominantly BFG but will have 2k points of templars ready to go in the next month or so. I usually go to Nemesis games but have been stopping by hats the past few days.

In Tucson, Hats really is the place to play imo. Most of the people who are there on a regular basis are great people who are fun to game with. That store is one of the main reasons I miss Tucson after moving across the country to VA. My daughter learned to walk in that store, and was dubbed baby Luther by Dave aka "Hat." Ask about her and he will know exactly who you are talking about. I also left some minis in thier cases when I left for display.

As for the Ina and Thornydale area, there is not much up there at all, you are better off taking the trip down to the store. I lived right there by the mall and was always escaping.

Go to Hats games, great fun, good times and people who can treat you like family ( minus the annoying get a job lectures.)

Eckstrom

Eckstrom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
  • Chapter Name: Shadow Hounds
Cool i live in Tucson too. What/where is Hat? Just stared collecting so only got a combat squad :tu: so got to get more first.

Reason for edit:Failed at spelling

Edited by Eckstrom, 08 December 2009 - 03:23 AM.

Altered_Soul

Altered_Soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
Hey all, just realized I never posted in here. I am in the Tempe/Phoenix area if anyone wants to meet up and play a game. Just started playing again a few months back after a 6 year hiatus.

Ani

Ani

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts
Something of threadomancy here, I guess. Just a simple servant of the Emperor bolstering the garrison in Flagstaff, reporting. Up in the snow for school, down in the heat whenever I get breaks. I've rediscovered the wargaming scene after a few years gone, and have begun an overhaul of my army.

~Ani

JohnGrammaticus

JohnGrammaticus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard
Hey I'm in Holbrook and i'm looking for the nearest store to get 40k stuff and i can't find any. could anyone please help me?

Ani

Ani

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts
Unfortunately, the only stores that carry 40K are down in the valley. Independent retailers. The GW store closed a few years back.

~Ani

Brother Ramses

Brother Ramses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,299 posts
Not a total raise from the dead.

In Tucson and sometimes in Phoenix.
Don't smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching. -Old Spice

Master Of Malfeasance X

Master Of Malfeasance X

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 461 posts
On April 12th, Gamer's Inn will be hosting Ultima Ratio Regum - 2000 pt Tournament in Mesa, Az

$5 entry, 3 games, 1.5 hours each, prize support will be combined entry fees matched by Gamer's Inn. Standard Force Organization Rules Apply.

Location is: 1232 E Southern Ave #14, Mesa, AZ 85204 Contact Gamer's Inn at (480) 507-0509 or Rhett at (480) 495 9084 if you have questions.

I've been going back through old editions of 40k because I think the new missions are getting REALLY old and I don't like the 'ardboyz unilateral approach to creating scenarios that crush certain armies. There will be custom missions that will be as balanced and fair as I can possibly make them, while while still being true to realistic military objectives. All games will be on the win/loss system.

Registration is at noon; dice drop at 1230pm. Be there or.. BE THERE.

There will be 3 places, cleverly named 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

You will need:
2 objectives no larger than 3" in diameter (a dreadnought base)
3 copies of your army list
Dice, templates, desire to conquer

Soft scores will consist of an end-of-tournament vote for most favored opponent who will win prizes as well as the admiration of thousands upon thousands of grateful Imperial Citizens*

*or the lament of thousands upon thousands of Imperial citizens, as you choose.

Edited by Master Of Malfeasance X, 07 March 2011 - 01:31 AM.

Now it's been ten thousand years,
Man has cried a billion tears,
For what he never knew,
Now man's reign is through,
But through eternal night,
The twinkling of starlight,
So very far away,
Maybe it's only yesterday
-Zager and Evans, 2525

Draconis77

Draconis77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Chapter Name: Royal Dragoons
I've been on here a while and just noticed this section. I'm in Tucson and finally getting my army to the size that I could play a small game. Do any of you still go to Hats?

Dark Apostle Thirst

Dark Apostle Thirst

++ DISCIPULUS GRADIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,234 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Krakens
I never noticed this section either. Anybody else on the BnC who currently lives in Yuma?

Bearingtheword

Bearingtheword

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 935 posts
  • Chapter Name: Word Bearers III Grand Host
Stumbled across this in one of insomnia filled night thread searching...

Anyone in the Bullhead City area drop me a pm or a holler here. <_<

~BtW
  • TheForgottenAngel likes this

"that they might turn their gaze our way and gift us with the boon of pain, to turn the galaxy red with blood, and feed the hunger of the gods." ~excerpt from the three hundred and forty-first Book of the Epistles of Lorgar
"We're all Mad here......"
My Word Bearers XXXIVth Host Gallery
My Space Wolves Bran Redmaw's Company Gallery
 gallery_62728_7628_41291.jpggallery_62728_7628_34142.jpggallery_62728_7628_2660.png

Wrath Angel

Wrath Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
I am in Sierra Vista if anyone is in the area and would like to arrange a game.
Wrath Angel

Armies: Dark Angels, Chaos Space Marines (Black Legion), Imperial Guard, Tyranids

Please check out my blog: The Lion's Angels ( A Dark Angels Blog)

ChaosUndivided

ChaosUndivided

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
Hi, I just moved into the Phoenix area and I am looking to try and get in a game. Is there anyone willing to get in a game sometime?

Brother Ramses

Brother Ramses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,299 posts

Games Workshop in Tucson now at Oracle and Magee.

Don't smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching. -Old Spice

Sarin

Sarin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Reporting From Ajo, Az!

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,531 posts
  • Chapter Name: Eagle Eyes

Anyone in the Pheonix area? I'm coming into town for a bidness trip, but I'll only be there a couple of nights and I think I'll be kinda booked up. Any game shops or clubs open late? I won't be bringing my army but it might be nice to check out the scene. 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

LamerVonDoomieMcdoomerson

LamerVonDoomieMcdoomerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 33 posts

Tempe AZ, always up for a game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users