Arizona, USA

dvdhwk

Hey all,

Anyone in Tucson? I'm close by to Hat's Games.

I play 40k, Fantasy, Bloodbowl, BFG, LotR, Hordes, and Warmachine.

I'm busy with finals for the next couple weeks, but would love to meet some more people down here in Tucson.

Sean

Hey DVDHWK, I'm not in Tucson yet but I'll be there in a month or two (after I get back from my trip and move to DM). How is Hat's? I've seen their website while looking for gaming stores but there only so much you can get from it. I'd be happy to play a game of 40k, Apocolypse, or WHFB...I'm also looking into starting Epic/BFG. I've also just started WM/Hordes and picked up the rules for AT-43 (waiting to get the Ragnarok later too).

Later,

Carter

Hat's is a really great store with a really friendly staff and tons of room to play. I used to work at a LGS up in Phoenix, and my schedule allowed me more time to hang around and pick up games here and there. Plus everyone knew me, and so I could always find a game.

Since I moved down here last summer, my schedule hasn't permitted me to just hang out and get to know the crowd. I might get a couple hours to game, and I want to make sure that I actually get games in. My schedule will free up a bit this summer.

I've played there at a couple of tourneys, and twice when friends came down to visit.

Send me a PM when you get down here. Also, do you know about www.adeptusarizona.com? It's a GW community message board (mostly for Phoenix, but I still am on it quite frequently.

Sean

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not trying to raise this thread from the dead and I know that it is usually bad form to post on a topic that has been inactive this long but...

I just recently moved back to Tucson and I live on the upper west side (Ina and Thornydale area).

I am looking for a game "buddy" close to this area. If anyone is interested please send a PM.

Edited by Brother Krux

A little thread necromancy but im in tucson.

I play predominantly BFG but will have 2k points of templars ready to go in the next month or so. I usually go to Nemesis games but have been stopping by hats the past few days.

In Tucson, Hats really is the place to play imo. Most of the people who are there on a regular basis are great people who are fun to game with. That store is one of the main reasons I miss Tucson after moving across the country to VA. My daughter learned to walk in that store, and was dubbed baby Luther by Dave aka "Hat." Ask about her and he will know exactly who you are talking about. I also left some minis in thier cases when I left for display.

As for the Ina and Thornydale area, there is not much up there at all, you are better off taking the trip down to the store. I lived right there by the mall and was always escaping.

Go to Hats games, great fun, good times and people who can treat you like family ( minus the annoying get a job lectures.)

• 8 months later...

Cool i live in Tucson too. What/where is Hat? Just stared collecting so only got a combat squad :tu: so got to get more first.

Reason for edit:Failed at spelling

Edited by Eckstrom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Something of threadomancy here, I guess. Just a simple servant of the Emperor bolstering the garrison in Flagstaff, reporting. Up in the snow for school, down in the heat whenever I get breaks. I've rediscovered the wargaming scene after a few years gone, and have begun an overhaul of my army.

~Ani

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

On April 12th, Gamer's Inn will be hosting Ultima Ratio Regum - 2000 pt Tournament in Mesa, Az

$5 entry, 3 games, 1.5 hours each, prize support will be combined entry fees matched by Gamer's Inn. Standard Force Organization Rules Apply.

Location is: 1232 E Southern Ave #14, Mesa, AZ 85204 Contact Gamer's Inn at (480) 507-0509 or Rhett at (480) 495 9084 if you have questions.

I've been going back through old editions of 40k because I think the new missions are getting REALLY old and I don't like the 'ardboyz unilateral approach to creating scenarios that crush certain armies. There will be custom missions that will be as balanced and fair as I can possibly make them, while while still being true to realistic military objectives. All games will be on the win/loss system.

Registration is at noon; dice drop at 1230pm. Be there or.. BE THERE.

There will be 3 places, cleverly named 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

You will need:

2 objectives no larger than 3" in diameter (a dreadnought base)

3 copies of your army list

Dice, templates, desire to conquer

Soft scores will consist of an end-of-tournament vote for most favored opponent who will win prizes as well as the admiration of thousands upon thousands of grateful Imperial Citizens*

*or the lament of thousands upon thousands of Imperial citizens, as you choose.

Edited by Master Of Malfeasance X

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone in the Pheonix area? I'm coming into town for a bidness trip, but I'll only be there a couple of nights and I think I'll be kinda booked up. Any game shops or clubs open late? I won't be bringing my army but it might be nice to check out the scene. 

• 9 months later...