Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= The Official Word on Nestir! =][=

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Ladies and Gentlemen!
I was just PMed by Luku and in short the official word is this:

Luku has moved temporarily and has extremely limited access to the Internet. - Aside from sending me some info, he does not know when he will be able to get online again.

He has given me his full blessing to continue with the AoD; so I guess Nestir is in my hands now. - Unless anyone protests...
Battle 5 and 7 should be up in not to long. - I just need to receive them, review them and dish them out at appropriate times.

As for continuing the official AoD, I need some time to read through all the material: All character entries, battle, inbetweens and so on, as well as planning and writing up what will happen next etc.

Due to this and to give the ongoing "training battles" mini AoD some time, I hereby declare that:
THE AOD WILL CONTINUE ON THE 20TH OF MAY.
- Thats two weeks from now. - Which should also give the leaders of both sides time to round up their people again and get involved.

In the mean time, Battle 5 will be up this week (as long as I receive it and everything is good).
Battle 7 will be up next week.
So that should keep people happy for now. ;)

Wether or not I should get access to the Chaos sub-forum is something I leave up to the Chaos players and the Moderators.
If you think there is anything in there I need to see or know, then I guess I should.

I will ask everyone who wish to contact me to please do so on the Guardian Angels´ Contact Form:
http://www.codexguar...com/contact.htm
The reason for this is that my B&C PM is almost full already and I need to clean it up, plus I expect I will be receiving a lot of stuff.

Thank you!

CMG

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 13 January 2010 - 09:44 PM.

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
yay its happening up again and on the chaos tourney with luck that will start on friday and depending on peoples speed and on the writers i hope to finish fairly speedily as this should move quicker then nestir battles as shorter and less back story. If it is slow i would say keep going with the aod as this is starting to grow into its own separate entity

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts
Sent the battle to you CGM :D

TDA

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,240 posts
Nice love reading the battles, I know my main army is Loyalist marines but GO CHAOS

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
'Ere we, 'ere we go, 'ere we go......

Loyalists, to me! Looks like your patience may pay off, Mattman :D

Sarrat

Sarrat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts
Good Job CMG. Glad to hear we got the ball rolling. Even tho I was eliminated I have still been working on AoD fluff. And yes Kherandus may have been eliminated, but he survived. I look forward to following this again.

AoD Intro Story Full Version: http://www.bolterand...p...blogid=279

PanzerSmurf

PanzerSmurf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts
Had a promotion, grayhem? :)
I can bend minds with my spoon...
Standing in the shower, in the Metaltower!

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Glad to see people are still around, and Im hoping to see more people around as we get closer to the... Resurrection.

A promotion?
Nah. - Just another day, just another job :)
Still says +FRATAR DOMUS+ on my profile dosnt it?

Keep coming together everyone!
Im already working on getting things ready.
- Just wished I had more freetime to do so.

See you around! :D

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts
Good to see you've got the reins CMG, I nominated you afterall. I look forward to the resurrection.

Long live the AOD!

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts
Good to see things resurrected now. Thanks for taking up the reins CGM. Now all we need to find is a writer for our little scuffle...

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
The battle begins anew. Excellent

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Thank you people!
Its a huge responsibility and I have a lot of material to get through before the 20th, so I will be a bit less active on the B&C for a while. - Until Im ready reading and planning.
I will be keeping an eye on the AoD forum though.

The original "mission statement" for the AoD said that there would be daily polls/updates, but I wont be that ambitious.
The AoD involves a lot of people with Real Lives and a lot of info I have no direct control over, so naturally I cant guarantee anything in that regard.
I guarantee more activity on the AoD forum though, and I also guaranty one update pr. week, but the goal is two official updates pr. week.
In addition to that we will also have some in-betweens etc. from different people, Im sure!
And I also have a few other thing in mind, but they need planning and work.

Cambrius: Indeed we need to get that bit of the ground to, but seeing how Im busy I will leave the follow-up of it to you.
I suggest you approach a Mod about the dice up and ask if people are interested in being an author...
If you need any help, please let me know!

And that goes for all of you!
If you have questions or anything else you need to approach me with, do not hesitate to do so.

See you around!

CMG

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 08 May 2008 - 08:20 PM.

Nightrunner

Nightrunner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 820 posts

CMG = Legend

Quoted by me, today, just now.

Legend, CMG.

NR :)
QUOTE (Wolfside)
My friend's dog ate his iron priest. No armour save there.

Crouching_Monkey

Crouching_Monkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
Excellent! Thanks for stepping up Greymantel. :P

Oook! Ooook!
QUOTE (Maeklos @ May 7 2007, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, nothing says "I'm going to murder your god and enslave your entire race, pathetic mortal" like an eight-foot-tall killing machine in powered armour sneaking up behind you in an open field at noon.

QUOTE (Octavulg @ Dec 12 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This raises all sorts of interesting questions about whether the Emperor's dickitude can be measured on a mere human scale

mattman

mattman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
yea, glory unto thee Herr Greymantle. For long have i pined over the AOD and anon, i have solace in thy wisdom and personal sacrifice.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Well, I hate to say this, but:
Ive gone and got myself a cold... (spent to much time on "Nestir V" I guess).

Anyway, what this means is that I have to stay away from my dayjob and Im really burning up, so I cant consentrate on the AoD either.
This will most likely set me back 3 to 5 days, so I may have to postpone the restart date to the 25th of May or some such.
It is the sad truth of RL; but I will defeat Nurgle this time to!

Oh and,
Thank you for you continued interest everyone!

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
its ok hopefully if people get round to messageing me there battle instructions i might get a chaos duel sorted

mattman

mattman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
well i volunteer my writing skills to the AoD if it makes things go faster.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Thank you mattman!
I will keep that i mind for future battles.
Right now though, what I need to do is to find, read and get control of all that has happened in the AoD so far.
Sort this out and plan for the future. - That is something I need to do myself Im afraid. :evil:

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Ok, so round one is coming to a close as we enter the christmas holiday season.
Before the end though, we will be seeing Battle 5 and a Round One Ends - story.
After this there will be at least a months break between round one and round two.
I hope to start the AoD up again in the start of February.

This may initially seem like a long break, but there are several reasons for carrying this decision through.
- A lot of people are going away for the holidays and a few wont be back until New Year's Eve or so.
- It will give us time to maybe recap our characters' stories.
- It will give me time to finish my collection of character info, stories and everything else related to the AoD.
- I will be putting this material, and more, into a Flash mini-site I will be building for the AoD. - The break will give me time for this and for planning the further progress of the AoD, which I pretty much already have planned out, but not collected in a properly ordered form yet.

Finally, Im sad to say that due to the global financial crisis, the company Im working for had to cut-back over 60% of its design department and I was among the unlucky ones that were asked to resign.
This means that as of January I no longer have a job and need to start applying for new jobs. – Something that will be stealing a lot of my time, in January at least; Although I do intend to use some of this time to build the Nestir V site so as to practice and maybe even to have a pretty cool thing so show future employees.

It will off course be made clear who wrote what stories, who made artwork etc. and that the Nestir V AoD is a community effort made by the members of the B&C.
As the B&C does not allow Flash files, the site will be hosted as part of the Codex Guardian Angels site.
If you do not want your story featured on the site, please speak up! Although I do recommend having it there as it will make following the AoD easier in the long run.
The AoD is a B&C project of course and it will stay here in every way. The Nestir mini-site will only serve as a repository of material so it will be easier to follow the story and characters.

What I hope to include is:
What the Nestir V AoD is. - Intro.
A FAQ

A Nestir V Forces listing.
Showing what forces were involved in the Nestir Crusade.

A Character Section divided into "The Imperials", "The Traitors", "The NPCs".
This will contain a sub-page for each character, with links to stories where that character appears, so that people may follow that characters story.
It will hold facts about the character. Images, and/or art. The Chapter's symbol. Links to DIY Chapters and stories etc.

A closer look at the main NPC's of the AoD. – To give you further insight into some of these enigmatic characters.
Hopefully a list over all named NPC's from the stories.
– Although I will need help collecting this, and I suggest people read through the stories concerning their characters to collect this data.

The many places of Nestir.
This will hold info on things like Hive Primus, The Nex Spensa, The Altitronus, Hive Secundus and quite a few other places; including places that haven't even been mentioned yet.

A Nestir V timeline and the stories presented in chronological order.

The Mighty Fleets of the Nestir Crusade.
This will be a listing of the ships that have been mentioned in the Nestir V AoD stories, and even a more in-depth presentation of the more important ships.
I kindly ask that you help in collecting this data from your characters' stories as well.

A downloads section.

I also hope that once round one is over and done with, some of the B&C's very talented artist will contribute to the AoD, with art inspired by the Nestir V stories. – Art that can also go into the PDF I hope to make once the AoD is done.
– Although I have had precious little luck with inspiring the artists, so far.

There will be a Nestir map.
The site will in some way be presenting hidden parts of the over-all story itself.
You will probably get more insight into what happened to the Crusade's former Commander: Captain Alexander Holus of the Legio.
There may be a behind the scenes section.
Beyond this, there may be some other stuff as well, but only time will tell.

Then we will be continuing the AoD with Round Two.

I hope this all sounds good and exciting!

CMG

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 30 November 2008 - 11:56 PM.

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
No worries CMG, real life problems always come first. Look after yourself before you consider working on this AoD too much. If there's any help you need with writing and such, feel free to chuck a PM my way.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts
Oh. Bad luck on losing your job there CMG. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new one soon. :P It's just as bad here in Wales, a lot of our industries (what's left of them) are beginning to either shut down or cut back on workers.

February does seem to be a long time but lewt's not forget we had similar around that time last year after Luku disappeared when his computer tried to re-enact the B+C's great crash. :( It's also very handy indeed as I ave exams in January so no distractions over here. :)

A closer look at the main NPC's of the AoD. – To give you further insight into some of these enigmatic characters.
Hopefully a list over all named NPC's from the stories.
– Although I will need help collecting this, and I suggest people read through the stories concerning their characters to collect this data.

Just as well I made that thread then CMG. You're life became musch easier. I'll be uploading another story in the future that's in the aftermath of Battle 13 and the explosion underneath Hive Primus with a new pict image! :o Shocking I know...

I'll hope to see you all lurking about in the Xmas period so we can keep the ball rolling (although I won't be too active on the writing front until after mid January).

And now for everyone's entertainment, a little ditty I put together last week to help us get int the festive feeling:

We Marines (sung to the tune of "We Three Kings":

We marines of Dorn's descent,
Killing enemies where'er we went,
We're fantastic, we're made of plastic,
The bodies fly everywhere!

:D

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Ju'kosian

Ju'kosian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,652 posts

We marines of Dorn's descent,
Killing enemies where'er we went,
We're fantastic, we're made of plastic,
The bodies fly everywhere!

:D

Cambrius

:lol: :D Nice !!

@CMG : sorry to hear that you've lost your job, hope you find something new fast..

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
sorry to hear about the job and look forward to when this gets back to full swing

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Thanks for the compliments and patience everyone! ;)

Now on another note, for those of you who have been waiting to see what the new Nestir V Crusade Commander looks like, well, here he is:
http://www.bolterand...p...t&p=1791441

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 01 December 2008 - 12:11 AM.