Ok, so round one is coming to a close as we enter the christmas holiday season.
Before the end though, we will be seeing Battle 5 and a Round One Ends - story.
After this there will be at least a months break between round one and round two.
I hope to start the AoD up again in the start of February.
This may initially seem like a long break, but there are several reasons for carrying this decision through.
- A lot of people are going away for the holidays and a few wont be back until New Year's Eve or so.
- It will give us time to maybe recap our characters' stories.
- It will give me time to finish my collection of character info, stories and everything else related to the AoD.
- I will be putting this material, and more, into a Flash mini-site I will be building for the AoD. - The break will give me time for this and for planning the further progress of the AoD, which I pretty much already have planned out, but not collected in a properly ordered form yet.
Finally, Im sad to say that due to the global financial crisis, the company Im working for had to cut-back over 60% of its design department and I was among the unlucky ones that were asked to resign.
This means that as of January I no longer have a job and need to start applying for new jobs. – Something that will be stealing a lot of my time, in January at least; Although I do intend to use some of this time to build the Nestir V site so as to practice and maybe even to have a pretty cool thing so show future employees.
It will off course be made clear who wrote what stories, who made artwork etc. and that the Nestir V AoD is a community effort made by the members of the B&C.
As the B&C does not allow Flash files, the site will be hosted as part of the Codex Guardian Angels site.
If you do not want your story featured on the site, please speak up! Although I do recommend having it there as it will make following the AoD easier in the long run.
The AoD is a B&C project of course and it will stay here in every way. The Nestir mini-site will only serve as a repository of material so it will be easier to follow the story and characters.
What I hope to include is:What the Nestir V AoD is. - Intro.
A FAQA Nestir V Forces listing.
Showing what forces were involved in the Nestir Crusade.A Character Section
divided into "The Imperials", "The Traitors", "The NPCs".
This will contain a sub-page for each character, with links to stories where that character appears, so that people may follow that characters story.
It will hold facts about the character. Images, and/or art. The Chapter's symbol. Links to DIY
Chapters and stories etc.A closer look at the main NPC's of the AoD.
– To give you further insight into some of these enigmatic characters.
Hopefully a list over all named NPC's from the stories.
– Although I will need help collecting this, and I suggest people read through the stories concerning their characters to collect this data.The many places of Nestir.
This will hold info on things like Hive Primus, The Nex Spensa, The Altitronus, Hive Secundus and quite a few other places; including places that haven't even been mentioned yet.A Nestir V timeline
and the stories presented in chronological order.The Mighty Fleets of the Nestir Crusade.
This will be a listing of the ships that have been mentioned in the Nestir V AoD stories, and even a more in-depth presentation of the more important ships.
I kindly ask that you help in collecting this data from your characters' stories as well.A downloads section.
I also hope that once round one is over and done with, some of the B&C's very talented artist will contribute to the AoD, with art inspired by the Nestir V stories. – Art that can also go into the PDF I hope to make once the AoD is done.
– Although I have had precious little luck with inspiring the artists, so far.
There will be a Nestir map.
The site will in some way be presenting hidden parts of the over-all story itself.
You will probably get more insight into what happened to the Crusade's former Commander: Captain Alexander Holus of the Legio.
There may be a behind the scenes section.
Beyond this, there may be some other stuff as well, but only time will tell.
Then we will be continuing the AoD with Round Two.
I hope this all sounds good and exciting!
Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 30 November 2008 - 11:56 PM.