Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thunderhawk (wip) pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

Bjorn Darkwolf

Bjorn Darkwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
ok so here is the update that is now a few weeks late.
the model is obviously not done, but you will kinda get the idea.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and in an attempt to make it a bit more wolfy

Posted Image

more fun stuff, i added some LED lights into both the cockpit and the assault bay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and some of you where asking for a size refrence, here it is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,512 posts
Two things.

1. If that's FW's kit.. let the Emperor strike me down for my jealously. If it's not, you're still doing better than I am.

2. Since you are doing LED lights, why not take a crack at running lights on the fuselage and wings?

Oh!

Bjorn, I would like to make a special request.

Can you actually get a Rhino inside the assault bay or no? I remember seeing a T-hawk with a Razorback inside it..

Edited by LoneSniperSG, 15 May 2008 - 08:58 PM.

Space Wolves Great Company of Ironfang - 3755 pts - 0/6/9
LIBERATION FORCE 221: 51st Cadian, 45th Cadian, 793rd Valhallan - 3743 pts 1/2/1
"In our hearts, we hold honour. In our hands, we hold thunder."
WH40K: SPACE MARINE (Xbox) LoneSniperSG

Dorns Padawan

Dorns Padawan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts
How did you put the LEDS in (i am not the most tech savvy person!)? I can't even see where you put the power source for them? Dang your good!
QUOTE (keith @ Sep 12 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad I can buy this in a shop and not a Black Library exclusive...

QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought @ Mar 18 2012, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But every 40k player knows that more shots = more accuracy!!!!!!!!!

Looking for servitors for blogging/reviewing on Armour of Faith - PM me for details

Bjorn Darkwolf

Bjorn Darkwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
i ran the wires through to the back of the thunderhawk, where i drilled a whole leading to the tail mount. then i attached a magnet to the inside to hold the back compartment on.

Posted Image

Grimfoe

Grimfoe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
That is awfully cool.

hendrik

hendrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,972 posts
nice=o

WAR WITHIN, WAR WITHOUT!!

SeanyPrawny

SeanyPrawny

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 463 posts
My brother has started uping his army by introducing squadrons of vulchures etc. to his army so I think its only right I buy one of these. Depending on how it comes out for you totally depends on if I throw all that money at FW lol. Don;t know if I want you to do it well or not now lmao.

SpearOfRuss

SpearOfRuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Nice work so far. I wont lie and say that I'm not jealous. Keep it up brother!

Bjorn Darkwolf

Bjorn Darkwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
thanks for the support guys, this is kind of a daunting task.

lonesniper, i tested it out, and the new rhino does not fit in the thunderhawk, perhaps the old school one would. : (

LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,512 posts
Aw.. that's lame. How awesome it would look to land a T-hawk on the board and move a Rhino out of the assault bay.

... then again, maybe I am just easily amused..
LIBERATION FORCE 221: 51st Cadian, 45th Cadian, 793rd Valhallan - 3743 pts 1/2/1

SpearOfRuss

SpearOfRuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Nah, it would be awesome.

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
Love the Red Light on the interior! Very, VERY accurate (red light doesn't affect night vision...not that the son's of russ should worry, but we may have one of our loyal retainers on board :)).

Lone Sniper - Running lights would be cool, but when you actually go into an operation, all lights should be off anyway (black out conditions).

Friggin Sweet though...I'm so jealous, ha ha.

Um...but I didn't see where the Keg Frigdge was on the inside...don't tell me the Keg Fridge is missing...I'm sure it's cunningly hidden, right? <_<
For the Wolftime, praise Russ!

In Russ we trust, all others kiss my axe.

kainthedragoonx

kainthedragoonx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Dude that T-Hawk is really impressive! A great addition to the Fang! :rolleyes:

Wulfen00

Wulfen00

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
3 questions,
1. where do you live,
2.wheres the spare key
3. whena re you gone...

Foe_hammer

Foe_hammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
looking good ! :rolleyes: Looking real good ! :lol: :P :) ;)

We fear not the shadow or the darkness . For our eyes are sharp and our noses keen. Out of the darkness we come , the sons of Russ , to hunt the horrors and the foes of man . We bring death and damnation . The wicked shall learn to fear the call of the pack !

LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,512 posts
Bjorn, now you've hooked me.

How much did the LED system cost, and how difficult was it to run together? I would like to do the same thing on a Land Raider or Baneblade, and I have basic knowledge of electric circuits and things like that (thanks to middle school education). I feel that I am a more proficient modeller now than I was a while ago, and I think I could tackle such a project.

Edited by LoneSniperSG, 16 May 2008 - 11:46 PM.

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,591 posts

How much did the LED system cost, and how difficult was it to run together? I would like to do the same thing on a Land Raider or Baneblade, and I have basic knowledge of electric circuits and things like that (thanks to middle school education). I feel that I am a more proficient modeller now than I was a while ago, and I think I could tackle such a project.

I´m just experimenting with LED too. I want some for my Daemon Prince and for a Pred. It´s not very expensive, it cost only some Cents/penny. Depending on the LEDs and the battery you may need some resitors. That´s the part were a friend came into play. I can repair an aircraft, but i´m definitely not a genie in working with electricity. He´s choosing the resistor we will need.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
great job! :huh:

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Russ rules

Russ rules

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
COOL JOB just thinkin how long did it take 4 u 2 paint it.

PS how long did it take 4 FW to dilver it.

. .
u

LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,512 posts

I´m just experimenting with LED too. I want some for my Daemon Prince and for a Pred. It´s not very expensive, it cost only some Cents/penny. Depending on the LEDs and the battery you may need some resitors. That´s the part were a friend came into play. I can repair an aircraft, but i´m definitely not a genie in working with electricity. He´s choosing the resistor we will need.

Bjoern, when you get that all squared, will you let me know how it goes and what sort of setup you used? I would appreciate it..

Utsujin

Utsujin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
Simply excellent, I love the LED.

If you would put running lights on there, you would just need a couple small capacitors to make them blink... I think.
‘In the name of the Inquisition, I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to oblivion.’
The few, the proud, the Inquisition players....

Lion in the Stars

Lion in the Stars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,082 posts
Nah, you'd need some (small, about the size of an old tape cassette box) IC control circuit, not capacitors (since you're not actually strobing the lights, just flashing them). Or just buy flashing LEDs.

For what it's worth, the old metal THawk is even smaller proportionally than the new one is. I've seen a metal THawk, and the entire fuselage is as wide as an old Rhino. Don't get me started on the horrible fit problems, either.

Bjorn, you're a very brave man to be brush-painting that beast! I would have bought an airbrush and figured out how to use it before I got the THawk.
QUOTE (Hagar_The_Bear @ Aug 10 2005, 11:10 AM)
You do not terrorize marines. It works the other way around.

QUOTE (DepthCharge @ Aug 31 2005, 06:31 PM)
A marine is well protected by his armor, and physiologically, he's a tank. A marine is to biological evolution what the A-10 Warthog is to Airplanes. Not pretty, not really effecient, but damn if it ain't PERFECT for the job.

"What fear of death have we who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?"

Utsujin

Utsujin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
Yea, especially after spending that much money on one of those bad boys.
‘In the name of the Inquisition, I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to oblivion.’
The few, the proud, the Inquisition players....

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,243 posts
Brushing is easier on the details, But good luck anyway. When do you reckon it will be finished by??
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

Bjorn Darkwolf

Bjorn Darkwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
with any luck by the end of the month, ill post more pics on Friday, it is a lot further along now, starting to look pretty sweet.