Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thunderhawk (wip) pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

Corver

Corver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
Looks cool, I had a friend who dropped his metal Thunder hawk...it was fixable but he told me he took a loan out to buy it. This was a few years ago now. One game i had with him he had a huge FW tyranid beast that somehow hooked on his jumper as he lened over and then launched itself onto the floor..the resin shattered. he was not pleased.

The lesson is dont play while drunk!

SpearOfRuss

SpearOfRuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Looks cool, I had a friend who dropped his metal Thunder hawk...it was fixable but he told me he took a loan out to buy it. This was a few years ago now. One game i had with him he had a huge FW tyranid beast that somehow hooked on his jumper as he lened over and then launched itself onto the floor..the resin shattered. he was not pleased.

The lesson is dont play while drunk!

Man that really sucks. I had a friend who had a similar thing happen to him. He had the old FW gargant and dropped it while moving :(. It shattered into about 15 large pieces and many smaller ones.

On playing drunk: I dont know how many people do, although, we should ONLY be playing drunk b/c we're Wolves ;).

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,389 posts
Thats nice man, I wish i had the cash for one of those, Ill just have to wait for the GW one, but that one will never bee as cool as a FW one ^_^
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

wiplash

wiplash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,284 posts
if GW ever does one! although the fact GW is bringing out the plastic drop pods brings a plastic thunderhawk slightly closer i think

5th ed SW : 19/4/1 (W/D/L)
6th ed SW : 0/0/1 (W/D/L)

Lion in the Stars

Lion in the Stars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,082 posts
Considering how many Baneblades they sold, they are probably seriously looking at making a plastic THawk. How many of us would not even think about dropping $150 for a plastic THawk? *raises hand*

Also, there's that rumored 'Planetstrike'(? I think that's the name of the beast) apocalypse expansion that would include a lot of air support. 2 years from now would be a good time to release it (after they release a Fantasy version of Apocalypse in 09).
QUOTE (Hagar_The_Bear @ Aug 10 2005, 11:10 AM)
You do not terrorize marines. It works the other way around.

QUOTE (DepthCharge @ Aug 31 2005, 06:31 PM)
A marine is well protected by his armor, and physiologically, he's a tank. A marine is to biological evolution what the A-10 Warthog is to Airplanes. Not pretty, not really effecient, but damn if it ain't PERFECT for the job.

"What fear of death have we who know there is immortality in the great and noble deeds of men?"

SpearOfRuss

SpearOfRuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Back on topic: any more pics? :(

Bjorn Darkwolf

Bjorn Darkwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
i had hoped to get away with not posting again till it was finished but i feel obligated to keep you all in the loop on this one. here she is almost completed. i have finished the first drybrushing, i need to tone it back down a little then add some weathering effects, Lights, oil stains ect.. ink the Bolters and just generally clean it up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SpearOfRuss

SpearOfRuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Awesome, totally awesome

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,389 posts
So cool
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Utsujin

Utsujin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
Hmm, outstanding!
‘In the name of the Inquisition, I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to oblivion.’
The few, the proud, the Inquisition players....

WolfLordFergus

WolfLordFergus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
Bjorn, The model is really shaping up beautifully. The paintjob is looking great, especially for a model with so many flat surface areas. I can't wait to see the end result, as the WIP is moving along nicely. You'll use this for Apocalypse games I assume? Or just hang it from the ceiling over your game table so your opponent can feel the constant threat of WOLFY DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

General George S. Patton

hendrik

hendrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,972 posts
she's gorgeous! :wub:
can we take a flight in it?pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease????? :cry:

WAR WITHIN, WAR WITHOUT!!

Dorns Padawan

Dorns Padawan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts
It is certainly looking sweet! :cry: Very clever the way you hid the battery pack at the rear and then used a magnet to hold the end on?! Superb, certainly gives me ideas though i am not that confident to try it myself just yet! Like everyone else, look very much forward to seeing more pics!
QUOTE (keith @ Sep 12 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad I can buy this in a shop and not a Black Library exclusive...

QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought @ Mar 18 2012, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But every 40k player knows that more shots = more accuracy!!!!!!!!!

Looking for servitors for blogging/reviewing on Armour of Faith - PM me for details

Bjorn Darkwolf

Bjorn Darkwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
some finished pics in the Summer's Advance Post

Vassakov

Vassakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,105 posts
Simply beautiful. I really, really want one.

Must... do Gothic Doghouse... command squad... Fellblade... and Titan...

First, at least ;)
The darks greatest gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite dark through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of itself. With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.