GT UK

Captain Idaho

although i have started a thread in this section about arranging national B&C GTs, i will be going to the GW one this year.

who will be going too? what Heat?

myself and perhaps a couple other members of this board are planning to go to Heat 1 is anyones interested?

of course, if you are going to another Heat, feel free to use this thread as much as you want.

The tournament team I coach will be going to Heat 1 if we can help it.

However, it is largely dependent on 5th Edition and how quick we can adjust our armies to the new rules, or perhaps even create new forces.

indeed, the 5th edition rules will make things very interesting for everyone! sure there will be many mistakes made in games and not a little bit of rules bending going on!

i fancy bringing Codex Spacemarines, though like last year Chaos Spacemarines, im sure the new Codex will be reserved for Heat 2 onwards.

Well, the codex comes out in october, so i'd probably say heat 3...

However, i'll be taking Blood Angels. The opportunity to move vehicles 18" with a 4+ cover save in 5th Ed is too good to pass up.

As for the rules, this is entirely why I will have my team running through the new rules until they can quote sentences from page numbers lol. The biggest advantage in WH40K has always been to know your rules word for word, so until I have my lads fully clued up, they wont be going to any form of tournament! We should be fine for Heat 1 though, as none of us use the standard SM codex.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder under two week until the ticket go on sale :D A bit wired that the ticket are being sold on a Fri when in pass it been a Sat?

Look like Heat 1 is still defo on for me & my friends. Finial chose my army, just going with good old Iron Warriors... just updated codex (somthing I like, some I don't) there a few project I want to get done, new rules (5th Ed) & just in general I miss useing them no other army has the same feel/spark when gaming + there Chaos my favourt in 40k. Don't worry there is not lash of submission (though rememeber IW use to be class as Slannesh in old Slaves of Darkness days) I don't need it & to be honsty it a little over rated (until I get lash of the object last turn :lol: ). But yes feel good use the IW again & more so for more conversions.

To see any of my models check out the Call of Chaos Mk2 near the end.

Also me & my friends are aim to get in for 2pm on the Fri for Nottingham, so anyone up for a game be happy to meet up with others near the time.

Now to read the 5th Ed rule book & wait for the GT pack to come up.

IP

Well I'll be down for Heat 1 again and hope to see some great people again amoung them Insane and a couple of others not sure If Southend will be sending up more than just me to defend our honour (Just hope that I don't run into anymore forigen Rules Chimps (The Last couple have not been fun games in the most remote sense of the word))

you see, i want to go and meet up with you guys Insane Psychopath, but i also badly want to use the new Codex Space Marines! what to do, what to do!

on the other hand, i got a pretty good list planned, this time not using my Honour Guard! (i been using them so much lately, i just might use something else!

i will get back to you before the tickets go on sale, as i may go to heat 2...

Heat 3 is the magic one for the new SM Codex, and in light of that... Heat 3 will be the main one for our tournament team, and although we had 3 people placed in the top 25 last year in the finals, we're going to try and go for 6 of us in the top 30 for the finals this year..... ouch :S

Either way, got my new list worked out with the new SM codex in mind, and I think it will be a strong list, as so far people have found it impossible to kill an army that on average at 24" will kill 18-25 MEq a turn depending on my unit positioning :D

upon review guys, im gona go to Heat 1 with Insane Psychopath! 2 big reasons, firstly, there will be cool people going i will already (kind of) know, secondly, i have alot of financial commitments later this year and cannot aford to build up a new Spacemarine list in such a short space of time (October time will give me at best a month and a bit as Heat 3 is end of Novemeber this year!)

so a sad fact, but no new Spacemarine Codex this year for me to test.

anyone else fancy joing us on our little foray to Nottingham at Heat 1?

@ Insane Psychopath: i will arrange to join up with you guys nearer to the time!

Either way, got my new list worked out with the new SM codex in mind, and I think it will be a strong list, as so far people have found it impossible to kill an army that on average at 24" will kill 18-25 MEq a turn depending on my unit positioning

oh really? sounds interesting mate! have you got inside info on the abilities of new stuff (like the conversion beamer or thunderfire gun?)

upon review guys, im gona go to Heat 1 with Insane Psychopath! 2 big reasons, firstly, there will be cool people going i will already (kind of) know, secondly, i have alot of financial commitments later this year and cannot aford to build up a new Spacemarine list in such a short space of time (October time will give me at best a month and a bit as Heat 3 is end of Novemeber this year!)

so a sad fact, but no new Spacemarine Codex this year for me to test.

anyone else fancy joing us on our little foray to Nottingham at Heat 1?

@ Insane Psychopath: i will arrange to join up with you guys nearer to the time!

Either way, got my new list worked out with the new SM codex in mind, and I think it will be a strong list, as so far people have found it impossible to kill an army that on average at 24" will kill 18-25 MEq a turn depending on my unit positioning

oh really? sounds interesting mate! have you got inside info on the abilities of new stuff (like the conversion beamer or thunderfire gun?)

You forgotten a third..... the new Marine codex should be on sale during GT Heat 1 & "possible" some pre-release. It happens form time to time with Apoclypse last year for us then a few year ago Termies where on sale in the Finials.

As for meeting up, pretty easy to find me, everone seem to be able to pick me out during the GT :HQ: Be it seeing my army, or just talking to other.

But should be a good laught again, really enjoy last year Heat 1 was a good laugh & just the feel with the Ruby game, everone having a good time. Also looking forward to meeting up with a few GW HQ crew I know.

Also played my first offcial game 5th Ed, it pretty good & has add a diffrent leval to the game of course :D

IP

Also played my first offcial game 5th Ed, it pretty good & has add a diffrent leval to the game of course

what a happy coincidence! i happened to play my first full blown 1500pts game last night. sieze ground, spear head, won 3-0 on objectives with my Ultramarines. really enjoyed most of the new rules (still cant get on with defensive weapon rules and Kill points, but aside from that i was a happy bunny!)

i got a reasonable army list planned for the GT, Ultramarines without Honour Guard this time. i know, crazy but true. i may go back to last years list, as it is even better in 5th edition, but i will have to wait and see! :lol:

You forgotten a third..... the new Marine codex should be on sale during GT Heat 1 & "possible" some pre-release. It happens form time to time with Apoclypse last year for us then a few year ago Termies where on sale in the Finials.

my mouth just started salivating again...

Thunderfire Cannon has 3 fire modes...

Off the top of my head they are:

STR6 AP4 - 4x Small Blast

STR 4 APT - 4x Small Blast - Ignores Cover

STR 4 AP0 - 4x Small Blast - Any unit that suffers wounds must move as if in Difficult terrain the following turn.

right, so those of us who have decided to go to heat one, i have a few things to ask. firstly, where do you plan on staying? im thinking of the Riverside Travel Lodge?

secondly, if everyone who is interested in going, please make confirm yourselves, so we can arrange a meet up as soon as possible, probably in Bugmans bar? has anyone got a B&C t-shirt? im thinking of getting a name tag (lame i know) with Captain Idaho on so people can work out who i am!

Well I'll be going to heat 1

I personally stay at the Holiday Inn at Castle Marina (About the same stagger distance as Riverside)

I'll be up there reasonably early (Live in Essex and hate Rush Hour traffic) and would gladly meet up with anyone who wants a pint and chat in Bugmans (Praying there's no salsa night on that week)

If there proves to be a Salsa Night on in bugmans then I can recommend the White Hart which is just down the road from Warhammer world

As for T-Shirts I'll be turning up in my Club one which is Black and has Warzone: Southend on the back

Yep I will be that Heat 1, but GT is now called Throne of Skulls (see this month White Dwarf).

As for meeting up, for me it going be case of if you see me as I am pretty much going to be busy a lot time running around, so see me say Hi & chat :) . But should be easy spot me out, just look for the IW (mainly crusifed marine on a tank) or the Mark of Chaos Undivided on my shirt. I think me & my friends are aim to be in Warhammer World pretty much through out the weekend as we'll be meeting up with old friends on the Sat in bugman.

All I know is me & my friends will be going down for 2pm-ish depend traffic on Fri. Get a game or two in vs some friends from pass events, get food in a USA style of restrant (sp) that do the best burger around. Sat, try be there first thing, then Bugman bar the Sat night. Sun as soon as the award are handed out, where going to head back home for midnight.

As for Hotel... ticket first, hotel second to be book.

Army front, I have started painting the new add on's. Will get it done in time (got to since I am going to 40k radio event in Edinbrugh). Just need a day to finish building one of my tanks. But army mostly in basecaot stage.

Really looking forward as GT heat 1 last year was a good laught & good food.

As for other memeber I think my friend Lt L will be attending as well as squigsnok.

IP

Archived