GT UK

Captain Idaho

Well ticket will be sent on the 22nd of this month.

Also just booking my hotel now :rolleyes: As said can not wait for the event. I really need to sit down & read the rule's inside out, been a few thing I miss out/diffrent from 4th Ed (of course) that been eye open. But so far enjoy the new Ed of the game.

IP

cool, hope to see you there. i should be getting my B&C T shirt any day now, so dont be afraid to say hi!

on a related note, Deathwing huh? that must be a bit of a challenge to use. how do you find it without the rest of the DA goodies normally?

Just a quick note to those attend Heat 1. There going to be a F1 Car racing going on in Nottingham, pretty big/important car race. So better book your hotels as soon as, as a few the price are going up for a start & also there most like to sell out. Manger to get my room book before the price went up. Also it just with any traffic warning as well.

GT side things. Look like team might be sorted, going to be part of X-Legion is it all gose to plan ran by my friend Mal on warseer & his might x-legion Imperial Guards :D

As for spoting out, just look for the Crusifed Space Marine on a tank or if my Hatebreed work shirt come in on time should be wearing that instead my useing Chimaira shirt (that was great there Icon like the Mark of chaos Undivded). Other wise be there in Warhammer world by 2pm Fri or just catch me about though out the day :D

Gaz1858 Posted Today, 01:10 PM

Hopefully Heat 3 for myself with my pure Grey Knights. Looking forward to it

What do you plan on taken in your Grey Knights & how you found them gaming wise with 5th Ed??

IP

What do you plan on taken in your Grey Knights & how you found them gaming wise with 5th Ed??

This is my list as it stands at the moment:

GKGM - Psycannon,Psychic Hood, Hammerhand,Sacred Incense = 215

3 GKT Retinue - Psycannon = 163

Just + 4PAGK - 2 Psycannons, Targeter, Frag =202

Just + 4PAGK - 2 Psycannons, Frag =201

Just + 4PAGK - Meltabombs, Frag = 156

Just + 4PAGK - Meltabombs, Frag = 156

Dread -TLL,EA,Searchlight = 136

Dread -TLL,EA,Searchlight = 136

Dread -TLL,EA = 135

I may take out a few things to add in a 5man IST squad but havent play tested that yet. I went to the 06/07 GT and got to 99th in the final with the only Daemonhunter player above me taking 4 or 5 land raiders. So i was quite happy. I usually play in my local Brighton Gaming Club and so far i havent lost in about 9 games(3 in 5th edition). GT's are massively different though - one example is i played a Dark Eldar player with 18 Lances!!! Everything died quite quickly for me as that is a tourney army. I hate tourney armies!!!!! I always try and take a balanced force.

think your list is pretty good, for an all Grey Knights army. id imagine you would be at a bit of a disadvantage against most armies.

your list is pretty good and i bet fun to use, and as you have said you made the GT finals so i say go for it!

(NOTE: i played a GK player last year, who took 2 units of Storm Troopers and a Landraider. you could drop a unit of GKs for a couple units of them, as they are a cheap alternative who would probably not be targetted in favour for your harder units. add in a couple Plasma guns etc and you have more stability against gun lines, plus thats 2 more scoring units. if you like)

cool, hope to see you there. i should be getting my B&C T shirt any day now, so dont be afraid to say hi!

on a related note, Deathwing huh? that must be a bit of a challenge to use. how do you find it without the rest of the DA goodies normally?

Grettins battle brothers!

Sorry for the time.... :huh:

I´ll try see all people I can who "write" here. Spanish guys go with red shirt and our nick. if you heard strange people.. there we are!

About the question, I don´t understand welll.. sorry.

I go with deathwing because I gamed with battle company and ravenwing in others tournaments and now is the time for DW. Umm.. is like honour´s question.

Well that my Grand Tournament ticket for Heat 1 arrive this morning. Ticket No117, I am offical going to the GT now :huh:

Just got a few models to paint that should get done this week also aim to convert one new Oblit near the time to fit in with the "alway paint something a day or so before the event". Also in general just needing get my stuff ready for 40k Radio event in Edinbrugh in a month time.

IP

regarding my question about DW, just merely asking if the army is difficult to use, being low in number etc.

Is very hard to use, I must play a lot of games to learn use it. Will be better use a mixed wing but.... I´d like to learn to use DW, and I think this is a good time. The problem with DW is in missions to controlate five markers... you know... hahahaha!

Well that my Grand Tournament ticket for Heat 1 arrive this morning. Ticket No117, I am offical going to the GT now!

Lol, you are officially Bungie's entry into the GT - Which model is supposed to be the Master Chief? :D

Is very hard to use, I must play a lot of games to learn use it. Will be better use a mixed wing but.... I´d like to learn to use DW, and I think this is a good time. The problem with DW is in missions to controlate five markers... you know... hahahaha!

Yeah but the firepower you can lay down whilst controlling the few you CAN capture will keep the others out of enemy hands. :D

Well, I just spoke to a chap called Brian who is the boss of the events manager Andy Joyce and he reckons that, so long as the marine codex is released on Oct 4th as planned it will be legal for heats 2 and 3. Which is good news for those going to those heats. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey for all those not going in a team already why doesn't the B&C put a team in hey?

I'm up for it so who will join me in the Legio Bolter & Chainsword Heat 1 team?

So guys, are we calling ourselves "Legio Bolter & Chainsword" then? Or are we adding "Heat 1 Team"?

Not to keen on the extra bits at the end, simply because its aweful big! :rolleyes:

I say just Legio Bolter & Chainsword? We have to return our Throne of Skulls registration cards soon, so can we have some clarification/opinions please?

My vote is on Legio Bolter & Chainsword, but if the establishment here want to label a B&C team specifically with a separate name I will obey! (any ideas Kurgan, I know you are lurking out there!)

Archived