Northern Illinois Miniature Gaming Club

Seahawk

Well, I think I stick this here. I am a member of the NIMGC. Our own forums are up and running for continuous loving contact (right :( ). As a club we ask for a minimal $5 donation/lifetime membership towards club funding purposes. We currently have three chapters:

Dekalb, IL, USA (main hub)

Gurnee, IL, USA

Frankfort, IL, USA

In Dekalb we meet up at the local gaming store, On-Board Games, and while attendance is low during the summer, fall-spring sees regular attendees as it's during the school year.

The Gurnee chapter is relatively new, started by me and a couple others who live in northern Illinois. There are no set times or days on meeting, but we will probably be at the local GW in Gurnee Mills mall unless something better turns up.

Frankfort's crew is small and there is a local store, but even that's too small and typically they'll meet at each others' houses.

Events

- We hold bi-annual 40K fundraiser tournaments, usually designed and organized by me; one's in the fall and one's in the spring. They are quite fun (so I'm told), commonly with nifty little special rules to make it a different game than normal. Prizes (depending on monetary assets) are typically for 1st-3rd, Sports, Worst Record, and other things if we can.

- We try to go to Chicago Games Days with a club table or two, simply because we get in free. Members design and build complete gaming tables and miniatures to play scenarios on. Costs come from mostly club funding but also some out-of-pocket.

- End of semester parties, complete with food and drink from club monies, happen in December and May. Always a fun time, and usually accompany Apocalypse/Legendary Battle games.

Cheers!