Florida, USA

Allerka

Lake County here, about an hour's drive away from any stores I know of.

Getting back into Warhammer with the Horus Heresy and was wondering if there's any fine folks a bit nearer?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Orlando resident here looking to get back into the game 30k/40k. Any groups in the area beginner friendly?

Miss the old scene in Pensacola, good times there.

Dont know if you ever found a group to play with. If not, you should come down to the Coliseum of Comics in the Fashion Square Mall! We have a decently sized group that plays and we play almost every saturday starting at 11. We are currently running a narrative league! https://coliseumofcomics.com

• 3 weeks later...

So just started going to Gamescape in Tallahassee, FL. Great community there. We are focused on the transition to 8th edition for 40k but soon the group will be starting a 30k escalation campaign.

• 5 months later...

So I'm moving from Daytona to Sunrise. . . call it the Fort Lauderdale area.  I did some research and found a fair few stores nearby, but they look to be mostly CCGs.  Anyone from the area have a recommendation on where's best to find a good 40K community?

• 4 months later...

I'll bump this as I'm due to visit Fort Lauderdale area in a few weeks.    I've read about the Silver Dragon Tavern and  Tate's Gaming Satellite.

Looks like a lot of Magic Players in the area.   These places any good to pick up some plastic while I"m stateside?  Anything in Miami Beach area?

Edited by Space Truckin

I've taken up playing at Tate's since it is extremely close to my apartment. The Silver Dragon is about 45-60 min away from Tate's, but they have a larger group and run at least one 40K tournament each month. I still haven't made it down there yet.

There is also a group called Paradox 40K on Facebook where people set up games at both Tate's and the Dragon.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Silver Dragon.   Due to circumstances  I didn't have time to get any games in this trip ( and ended up staying on the south side of Miami so Tates was a bit far ).   The guys there are super friendly and didn't mind chatting about 40k, Necromunda or even Blood and Plunder for a bit even though they were busy.   Actually made me feel so welcomed I wanted to support the store so I bought a few kits and a skirmish case. 

The new location is great,  looking forward to seeing the full build out next time I'm in Miami.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good to know.  Looks like we will be back on a semi regular basis.  If the new version of Kill Teams is still alive and kicking, I'll have to bring some plastic men with me!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone in the Jacksonville area that wants to game? Not looking for FLGS, which was bought by Comic Coliseum and is getting turned into a generic comic store. Willing to go down to St Augustine or even further (hell, its a nice drive to Daytona). Also willing to host at my place, but want to make sure people are cool and just want to game. Not looking for drama :)