Japan

newach

This is just an open invite to any players in the Hiroshima area of Japan. I belong to a long-standing group here and helped found a couple wargaming groups here in Japan. The Hiroshima Wargaming guild has about 9-10 members. We meet once a month in Saijo (Higashi Hiroshima). I`m the only non-Japanese, English-speaking member...but I`m happy to translate for people. So, if you`re in the area (even down on the base in Iwakuni), you`re only an hour from 40K, Fantasy Battle, Warmachine/Hordes, and even Blood Bowl!

Almighty Nocturnus

Hey Nocturnus,

how's your group going? I'll be going to Hiroshima next year for about a year and would be really interested to join your gaming group. It#s still along time until then, but I thought I'd better check early if you still exist :lol:

• 5 months later...
Theres a solid gaming group in Osaka too if you're ever in the area.

Hi Morticon,

can you tell me more about this group? A friend of mine will be in Osaka from April on and might need a gaming group :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment here are the gaming groups and information I know of for Japan.

There's a weekly gaming group that meets at Misawa AB, in the Aomori prefecture. We do 40k, and are beginning WHFB as well.

At Kadena there is also a weekly gaming group that meets (I can get more info if needed.)

In Tokyo there is actually a GW store....which is insanely priced.

For most needs go through the Warstore. It seems to have the fastest shipping time to Japan (most orders arrive the week after you place the order, as long as its early in the week.)

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding Okinawa, I have searched high and low and had no luck finding a GW store or porducts. Went to Naha, Nago, and some other villages but all hobby stores were filled to the brim with Tamiya stuff and anime based model kits. This delayed my hopes for WH40K hobby for about a decade. Best bet is to buy online or find another gamer and trade which one guy I knew did A LOT!

On Kadena AFB, at the Schilling Community Center by the Commissary, New BX(I left when it was being built up), and theater is where many gamers meet. I think they meet on Sat. Most of the time I was there I would just play xbox to get out of the sun and away from humidity.

Theres a solid gaming group in Osaka too if you're ever in the area.

Hi Morticon,

can you tell me more about this group? A friend of mine will be in Osaka from April on and might need a gaming group :sweat:

Sorry about the HUGE delay here dudes!

Erm, its called Iconoclasm!

http://www.hobbymetal-iconoclasm.com/

theres the site. You will need help translating if you cant read Japanese. They meet twice a month to game. Really, really nice group.

• 3 months later...
Unless the paranoia of the U.S. State Department screws it up for me, I will be spending the month of July 2011 in Kanagawa Prefecture at Hiratsuka University. If there's anybody playing in that area (not bloody likely), PM me or post here. I'd be glad for a friendly pick-up game.

• 1 year later...
On Okinawa we have the Kadena AB, Schilling grp. Meets Saturdays starting around 0900 until 1800+, unless they kick us out from renting the room to someone else. We also have a Facebook page ( Tabletop Wargaming Group (TTWG) Okinawa). As for buying models and such here there isn't any cost effective way to do it besides the internet unfortunatly.

A Tokyo-player here.

Usually play at the Nakano-GW, though I'm also part of a board games group (but being the only 40K-devotee I'll have to have enough for two armies before we get any 40K going there. Perhaps when 6th Ed comes out).

For the moment if anyone wants a game at Nakano-GW, shoot me a message.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If anyone is looking for a game and you live in Kyushuu, let me know. We have two places to meet for games. The first is in Beppu, in Oita Prefecture. The website for the store is ring-tail.com The second place to meet for games is in KitaKyushuu. We meet in Kitakyushuu every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. There is usually a turnout of about 10 people. Mostly Japanese gamers, but usually 2-3 English-speaking gamers. Most people have fantasy armies, but there are a bunch of armies for rent including 40k armies. Check out the website kitaqgamers.com

On Okinawa we have the Kadena AB, Schilling grp. Meets Saturdays starting around 0900 until 1800+, unless they kick us out from renting the room to someone else. We also have a Facebook page ( Tabletop Wargaming Group (TTWG) Okinawa). As for buying models and such here there isn't any cost effective way to do it besides the internet unfortunatly.

If you are in Okinawa and are looking to buy some models. We have a privately owned store here in Oita Prefecture in Beppu City. The website for the store is ring-tail.com The store owner`s name is Miyao. He doesnt speak Enlgish, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a link that says English. It will redirect you to a link that has an English webstore. If you get the chance, come over to Kitakyushuu and get in a few games with us. kitaqgamers.com

Any Warhammer Players in Okinawa?

I am not in Okinawa, but if you by chance come to Kyushuu, I live in Oita. We have a gaming group that meets in Beppu, and every 2nd and 4th Sunday we meet in Kitakyushuu kitaqgamers.com ring-tail.com

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Greetings

I am a Scandinavian, who just moved down to Osaka, where I will stay for at least the next five years of my life.

I live in central Osaka, but is willing to travel around Osaka for a few games.

My gaming theory is that it should be fun, so I'm not very competitive but into the social aspect of the hobby.

I aslo plan to frequent Iconoclasm for their WH40k events, but am hoping for other opportunities as well.

Looking forward to sharing laughs, games and hopefully beer with you all.

PiXeL

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings

I am a Scandinavian, who just moved down to Osaka, where I will stay for at least the next five years of my life.

I live in central Osaka, but is willing to travel around Osaka for a few games.

My gaming theory is that it should be fun, so I'm not very competitive but into the social aspect of the hobby.

I aslo plan to frequent Iconoclasm for their WH40k events, but am hoping for other opportunities as well.

Looking forward to sharing laughs, games and hopefully beer with you all.

PiXeL

Iconoclasm is a great place.  Really nice people.  If you see Gareth Palmer there- please send him my regards ("Bu-ru-n-do-ri") ! Also to all the regulars!

Just in case anyone happens to live in the Northern parts of Japan. There's a few of us that game out of the Misawa area. Lost a bunch of members to other games, but there are a few dedicated players left. We do enjoy some Apocalypse at times as well!

-GKT

• 3 months later...

A bit of an update.

Having recently moved I now live close to a community center (in Kichijouji in Tokyo) at which I can reserve a room for gaming (for free!). Anyone interested in a game: shoot me a PM.

Hey Kierdale,

I'll be in Japan from mid-February until the end of March and will be spending most of that time in Tokyo for research. The timeframe is too short to bring my own army, but I wanted to ask whether it's possibly to just pass by anyway :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I ought to chime in here.

I'm living in Japan, and have been for the past four years.  I'm based in Gunma, in the heart of the Kanto plain (aka the middle of nowhere :tongue.: ).  I'm in the process of building a Space Wolves army, but have almost 20 years of wargaming experience under my belt so even though I ight not be able to play, I'm certainly more than able to have a good chat if anyone's willing  :wink:

Archived