Vindicator vs Wirlwind

newach

The first point is very true, and the fact that you can get two Whirlwinds for about the same price as a single PotMS Vindicator makes the second close enough to true. A Vindicator hit does at least the same damage as one from a Whirlwind, but the latter shoots further and over terrain.

Whirlwind IMO. In city fights, there's going to be ample cover, so its more effective to have more shots (or shots that ignore cover) than have quality shots. So having two str 5 pie plates is better for you than having 1 str 10. Also, because dangerous terrain is going to be pretty much everywhere, you vindi, which is most likely moving towards the enemy, has a higher chance of becoming immobilized. Furthermore, city maps have lots of LOS obstructing buildings. That's where whirlwind's come in.

i used to use a vindictor and whirlwind in my BA army....

i dont think the vindicator ever managed to kill anyone.... which was a shame but its precense on the battlefield is nothing to be laughed a even if it will get killed on round 1 or 2....

So whirlwind is the most useful against any opponent, but the vindicator gives you more satisfaction, and in densly packed terrain it would probably be the best option.

but truly if you want ordnance you need imperial gaurd, for space marines just pack em in a rhino get them close, rapid fire then assault next turn, with two squads of devastators to take our their heavys

but truly if you want ordnance you need imperial gaurd, for space marines just pack em in a rhino get them close, rapid fire then assault next turn, with two squads of devastators to take our their heavys

I just want something to scare others

I just want something to scare others

take a titan ^_^ :P lol

i've seen some people at my local hobby centre take two whirlys one with mines and the other missiles, and this has proved really effective, as you can close of a fire lane, and bombard the other at the same time!

im still unsure as i'll only be able to take one whirly in the current rules, and i'd probably choose one vindicator over one whirlwind anyday, but if i could get two whirlys, thats definantly what i'd do!!!!! although then i'd probably get 2 whirlys and a vindicator, just to be in pie plate heaven:P :P

I use Whirlies to pin my opponents down whilst my bikes close in, it works quite well.

I reckon a Vindicator would be a fantastic anchor for a gun line, it could really make an opponents mind up as to where he'll move.

Archived