The DIY Swap marines

This is the Works In Progress thread for the DIY Swap project. All of the models created should be posted in here. Deadline for completion is 15 August. Once completed, please post the finished models in the Hall of Honour thread.

Might have to wait a bit...

I was wondering what this was about, it WIP thread for your little mini exchange right.

Well, I've been assigned to do a Marine from Brother Cambrius's Sons of Doom, as well as finishing my model for the last DIY Swap!

I have a slightly outdated pic of that latter marine, a Company Champion from the Nesewdjet-Nedjety. He has a couple coats of paint on him, but he needs a little bit of reassembly before I post some pics up.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/ElcidBarret/NN-ChampFront-WIP2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/ElcidBarret/NN-ChampRear-WIP2.jpg

Now I have to go read IA:Sons of Doom, so I can get an idea of what I'll be doing for the other one!

The Kopesh looks good. I think it's a good thing we have this one central thread, as it means we can all keep motivating each other.

I'm going to hopefully put together my Angels Halycon Marine tomorrow. I had a few ideas for him, so it should be cool.

After reading IA:Sons of Doom, I think I'm going to take a crack at one of the survivors of that first, terrible encounter with the 'nids. He's now a Veteran of the First Company, battle-scarred and tragic, but still mighty.

Why'd you have to go and put pic's up, now your making the rest of us look bad! It's looking, pretty good though, now we need to see if your painting is as good as your converting ;)

I'm off to GW today though, so will have something up soon, even if its just a concept sketch.

First WIPs of my Arctic Lions marine. (And yes, I did just leap into this one- don't want to put it off till I forget again *cough*LibrariumPaintingChallenge*cough* ;) )

gallery_27060_2277_1179.jpg

gallery_27060_2277_3742.jpg

Still very rough, but I wanted to get a good start on it.

Wow, thats great! Its nice to see a Lion taking shape.

Some of y'all are fast. Makes me feel bad. So far this is all I've manged: Chopped up most of a set of legs for posing and did a quick sketch of the pose and minor armor details

http://www.digitalequinox.com/wip/m01037.jpg

Curse GW and their multi-part plastic kits! I went in with the intent of buying an assualt squad box, one half hour chat with the guy and I walk out with the HE Dragon kit and a few paints. In my defence, it is a nice kit...... <_<

So that means that instead of a model mock up, all you're getting is a few scribbles: http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Captain-Raiun/AL-1.jpg

Not very good is it? For those of you who can't decipher it all, it goes something like this:

• I'm thinking of making him as completely individual to the rest of the chapter, as a Captain would be (if I understand Honda correctly). Therefore I will be taking inspiration from the Samurai, so the armour will be mkIV, with an ornate Omega in the middle of the chest plate. Also the trim on the model will all be Gold instead of the bronze, showing that he follows the path of Justinian.

• For the back banner I want to do a Samurai style, made of parchment, possibly with the name Honda burned through in japenese. That's why I have the words Honda and Apocalypse Lords written out in kanji (is that the word?).

• Because Honda mentioned that the higher ranks in the Apocalypse Lords are practically Chaplains, I thought a shoulder pad to denote this would be appropriate, hence the design on the top far right. The other shoulder pad will be mkI style.

• For armament he will wield a sword and bolter, mainly because i want to try my hand at that power weapon effect.

• I can't decide on a pose yet. Which one do you prefer? (they are the little stick figures ;) )

• He will be properly Blinged, as befits a senior Captain in the Adeptus Astartes.

• The base will be made with bits of slate. I'm toying with the idea of having some of the power sword "juice" pooling on the floor. May put a few discarded purity seals on the floor as well....not sure why, just think it sounds cool.

Well I hope that didn't leave you too confused. And Honda I hope you understood every word of it, otherwise I'm screwed :P

Thanks

@CR

I don't know that I am worthy of this level of attention, but am getting REALLY excited about your concept! I love everything that you have sketched out and I may just be borrowing some of these ideas :)

Since we (the Lords) are big into blades, you might also consider some Kendo stances.

Brilliant start!

Game on!

i wonder if Capt Shrike meant for the chest eagle to be gold and the trim yellow and if there is anything else on the scheme, it didnt show up in the other thread.

Nope, all is as it should be :P Only the eyes should be red, that never showed up originally, some kind of fault with the painter......

Company marking goes on the black kneepad :)

I don't know that I am worthy of this level of attention, but am getting REALLY excited about your concept! I love everything that you have sketched out and I may just be borrowing some of these ideas

Since we (the Lords) are big into blades, you might also consider some Kendo stances.

I'm glad you like it :) Everyone's worthy of attention my friend, and your Apocalypse Lords come with a lot of imagery. As to borrowing some of the ideas, I would be more than happy if you wanted to, that's quite a high honour.

With regard to the kendo stances, are there any you had in mind? Because a google search isn't providing any promising results.

Edited in a better picture in my previous post.

@ Terminatorinhell- Just made up a new image to show thw scheme

Brother-Captain Xavier of the 3rd Company of the......................(have no chapter name at the mo.)

spacemarine.jpg

Veterans and sergenats have black helmets....

Archived