Massachusetts, USA

Invictus_BA

Hello all,

I run a comic book store in medford mass that carries some of the Gw line. I have also started a gaming club that plays in my back room on friday nights. looking to add some more players to the mix. i have about 10 potentials people and usually 3 or 4 show up on game night. we start at about 6 pm or so and go till about midnight. The average age is probably about 30 years old. some of the guys are also aroundfor planned pickup games on other days. Tables are available as long as the store is open, but friday is the only night we stay past store hours.

Anyone interested can PM me here or shoot me a email at Harrisonscomics@verizon.net

Cheers

Jeff

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I will be moving out to Western Mass. in a few weeks.

Around what part of Western MA will you be in, anywhere near Westfield? We've got a pretty good gaming group here and I'm sure you'd find it to your liking.

We are looking at Agawam/Enfield, CT are and I will be working on the east side of Springfield. I will be commuting home to NH on the weekend for a few months or until I can sell/rent my house. I am staying with family not too far from Springfield. Do you play weekday evenings or just weekends? I am taking my armies with me to store at family's house so could play during the week.

Humorously enough, I moved from Westfield not three years ago. Used to game at the Dragons Lair, is it still around?

Sadly no. Sean wasn't making enough money with it, so he had to close it down. Oh how I remember many a Saturday where only he and I were there... :)

@ Whyt: As a student, I'm stuck with weekends when I can get to the store.

Sadly no. Sean wasn't making enough money with it, so he had to close it down. Oh how I remember many a Saturday where only he and I were there... :lol:

It was pretty busy on the Saturdays before I left, but even then I had heard that he wasn't doing too well on the monetary front. Great place though, never found a better place to game then there, it will be missed.

I'm in Western MA...Amherst. My friends and I used to drive down to the Dragon's Lair to buy role playing books. I remember finding a vintage copy of the rules for Rifts (Palladium) way back the last time I went. Wow...like, seven years ago? It's been a while. Now I shop at Greenfield Games and (to a lesser extent), the game stores in the Hampshire mall and "that place in the barn shops on Rt 9" (name always escapes me). All three venues host Warhammer 40k nights, and once I have 1000 points worth of troops, I mean to jump in at those venues. (I just bought my first pieces last Friday; in the process of being painted now.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Torrington, CT- about 40 minutes from Westfield.

Myself and my couple of gaming pals tend to reside currently in my basement for game night........

Archonbrujah

I don't know how close you are to Pittsfield, Mass, but there's a gaming group that meets up there that I was part of before I moved to Boston. I know my house in Connecticut is only about 40 minutes from Torrington; used to take guitar lessons up there.

I also am from around the boston area. More south of boston myself.

I don't know Boston terribly well, despite my time in town. That anywhere near the B line?

Edited by Brother SRM

• 2 months later...

Hi All!

I am being forcibly relocated away from my current gaming community due to an overwhelming need to remain gainfully employed, so I am putting the word out that I am looking for anyone in the greater Springfield area who is interested in forming a casual gaming group. We will be moving to South Hadley in the middle of November, but am willing to travel a reasonable distance for a game.

I prefer to play with adults, but any mature teen with good sportsmanship and a genuine interest in having a good time is welcome. It will take me a few weeks to get back up and running but have a board to play on and some terrain.

The two main races I play are Space Marines/Wolves and Tau; but have an assebled but unpainted Eldar army and will be doing Necrons and IG next.

Feel free to drop me a line if your interested.

• 3 weeks later...
hey gang, just brought my space wolves army to western mass and I'm looking to unleash (HA!) them. 1500-2000 pts? Meet at one of the several game stores around here? drop me a line.

seth

Where in Western Mass are you located? I just moved to South Hadley and am looking to get a casual group going around here. I am starting to put a Wolves army together, but also have Tau, Eldar, and regular marines that can be played. I have terrain and a board to play on as well.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
South Hadley? Thats a familiar town! My girl goes to college out there, so I'm in the area about once a month if not more. Be great to get a game in while she's at class.

I work during the day, and usually only have weekends free, but can sometimes squeeze in an evening game. Does she go to Mt. Holyoke College? I am about 2 miles from there.

I live only a handful of miles from South Hadley (here in Amherst). I actually game once a week at least at Off the Wall games in Hadley MA. There's a club there, called the 131

http://www.the131.com

They meet Weds, which has become the primary war gaming night for the club...up to eight 6'x4' gaming tables and lots of friendly faces playing for many hours. I recommend it. =)