Post Eisenstein

abaddon3564

doubt it. i think oliton went on to write the story of the warmaster's fall and Sindermann went on to be the first Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor

I think the Ordo Hereticus was made after the Age of Apostasy, which was about five thousand years after the Horus Heresy.

Their fate will probably be revealed in a later book.

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt the Inquisition as a whole came into being until after the Age of Apostasy. True, fellows like Captain Garro (supposed founder of the Grey Knights) would inevitably make the backbone of the future rule, the Inquisition would be an abhorrent idea to the Emperor, and given that entities like the Sisters of Silence were exceptionally close to Him, it doesn't make sense for it to happen, at least not that soon.

The Ordo Hereticus was created after the Apostasy. The other two ordos existed before that. They were deemed necessary by Malcador for ensuring that worlds didn't get overrun by daemons and aliens couldn't get their filthy tentacles in...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just found this thread and figured i would add my opinion as my first post. In the flight of the Eisenstein Garro is told that they need people with an inquisitve nature which kind points to them forming the inqusition, or at least a pre-curser to it.

Even if the GK are chapter 666 (which might just be propaganda), it's still possible that they are based on Garro and his survivors' gene seed. Consider that space marines, as far as we know, are clinically immortal, then give them the pure gene strains and fully functioning (correctly) SM organs that were prevalent in that day, and put them in squad-sized skirmishes.

It is very possible that the survivors trained recruits who in turn trained recruits until finally, by the time chapter 666 rolled around, they had enough gene seed stock to create an actual chapter.

As for the others, what ever happened to Lord General Xarius? It doesn't matter. Their parts have been played and history no longer needs them.

Thats true.. a chapter can be re-born from a single gene-seed given enough time and care.

I believe though that, judging from the conversations at the end of Eisenstein, that Qruze and Garro, as well as the surviving loyalists, were put to work on some form of the Inquisition. Whether that was the inquisition itself or some precursor to it though we can't know for sure. Also, I'm not sure whether you would argue that having the gene seeds of legions fallen to chaos is the ideal choice for a chapter of marines born specifically to fight daemons and corruption? Or else, would you argue that their very survival and resistance of temptation when all around them turned is evidence of why their geneseed would be ideal? I'm not sure how the gene-seed operates in this regard..

Thats true.. a chapter can be re-born from a single gene-seed given enough time and care.

I believe though that, judging from the conversations at the end of Eisenstein, that Qruze and Garro, as well as the surviving loyalists, were put to work on some form of the Inquisition. Whether that was the inquisition itself or some precursor to it though we can't know for sure. Also, I'm not sure whether you would argue that having the gene seeds of legions fallen to chaos is the ideal choice for a chapter of marines born specifically to fight daemons and corruption? Or else, would you argue that their very survival and resistance of temptation when all around them turned is evidence of why their geneseed would be ideal? I'm not sure how the gene-seed operates in this regard..

Actualy, the geneseed of the Death Guard and Lunar Wolves wasn't really flawed like that of some other chapters. In fact the most flawed geneseed belongs to te loyalists! Blood Angels and Space Wolves spring to mind.

The Sons of orus where known to have a reliable and pure geneseed till they swapped sides and haos corrpted them. Horus turned because he felt betrayed by the Emperor and the warp fed him a series of visions designed to make him think the Emperor has betrayed humanity. The majority of the legion followd because their loyalty was to their primarch first and Emperor second.

Mortarion turned because he had nursed a secret bitterness against the Emperor since they had met on Barbarus. Mortarion had united his people, fought long and hard to free Humanity from the yoke of mutants on his homeworld and this Emperor piches up, wins over the people and preaches a new age ofunity. Everythig Mortarion had acomplished seemed insignificant after the Emperor had arrived. It didn't take much for Horus to bring him over.

Typhon (later Typhus) seemd to have been brouht over to chaos by the word bearers, in secret and it looks like he was responsible for the Dath Guard being plagued in the warp wich led Mortarion to make apact with Nurgle.

Only a few Traitor chapters had flawed geneseed. The World eaters had good geneseed but followed Angron's orders by using pyscho surgery and mechanical implants to turn them into berzerkers. t wasn't the geneseed that flawed them, it was the fact they turned themseves into mindless killers. The Alpha legion had good geneseed and ging by legion it's unclear what they thought they where doing by going trator, if they went traitor at all!

I know that garro, qruze, keeler and amandera kendel formed the Inquisition and Voyen joined the Apothecaria Majoris but what happened to Oliton and sindermann?

abaddon3564,

The correct answer is that GW hasn't revealed their fate to us yet. Anything you're going to see here at the B&C is speculation. Until such a time as GW tells us what happened to these characters, including Garro and co., consider everything you see as opinion, speculation, and wishful thinking. Some of it may end up being close to the final truth, but we won't know until GW reveals that final truth.

i figured that garro and the rest of his DG were to help inform all they could of horus' betrayal, and help bolster the ranks; as well as inform those agents of the imperium who knew something of daemons, and could fill in the blanks on how to repulse them.

sindermann and oliton were probably detained for sometime, but returned to terra to continue their works. though i wonder if sindermann's sanity wasn't a bit shattered.

keeler, aside form being a latent psyker and first imperial saint, i've always wondered if she could have been a sensie. hence her connection to the Emperor, when he wasn't interred on the throne (well as a life-support, not battling daemons thing).

Even if the GK are chapter 666 (which might just be propaganda), it's still possible that they are based on Garro and his survivors' gene seed. Consider that space marines, as far as we know, are clinically immortal, then give them the pure gene strains and fully functioning (correctly) SM organs that were prevalent in that day, and put them in squad-sized skirmishes.

It is very possible that the survivors trained recruits who in turn trained recruits until finally, by the time chapter 666 rolled around, they had enough gene seed stock to create an actual chapter.

As for the others, what ever happened to Lord General Xarius? It doesn't matter. Their parts have been played and history no longer needs them.

666 is just a number, they were founded during the second founding.

@Eirik_Xenobane- In Visions of death the marines Malcador brings before the Emperor are all latent psykers who kept their gift suppressed in accordance with the council of Nikea, so if Garro was one of those marines, which seems pretty likely, then he was in fact a psyker.

Actualy, the geneseed of the Death Guard and Lunar Wolves wasn't really flawed like that of some other chapters. In fact the most flawed geneseed belongs to te loyalists! Blood Angels and Space Wolves spring to mind.

Hmm have got my terminology mixed up again. What I meant to say (and this makes more sense whereas my previous post made none) is that there remains the possiblity that there is some inherent flaw within those chapters that ultimately resulted in them turning to chaos. So, within their genetic disposition, rather than specifically their gene-seed, there existed the 'catalyst' that first got the ball rolling. So perhaps the underlying anger against the Emperor as exhibited by Mortarion and Angron would be due to the part of their nature, for example. So to the pride and (sometimes) arrogance of Fulgrim. We are also often reminded that the marines are representative of their primarchs. One could then argue, if a treachery has happened before, might it not happen again at some point in the future?

On another issue, to me the eventual fate of Qruze, Garro and co. seems pretty well illustrated. Short of James Swallow writing something like, "And Qruze looked into Garro's eyes, and said 'Frankly, darling, I don't give a damn', before walking off into the sunset" there were several hints about what was to come. I was certainly not left with the impression that they were to be executed, or set to work in garbage disposal in any case. Perhaps I would put this in the same bracket as Loken's death - why oh why didn't Abnett write that he was reduced to his component atoms, so there could be no talk of his return?! :confused: *cough*

Hmm have got my terminology mixed up again. What I meant to say (and this makes more sense whereas my previous post made none) is that there remains the possiblity that there is some inherent flaw within those chapters that ultimately resulted in them turning to chaos. So, within their genetic disposition, rather than specifically their gene-seed, there existed the 'catalyst' that first got the ball rolling. So perhaps the underlying anger against the Emperor as exhibited by Mortarion and Angron would be due to the part of their nature, for example. So to the pride and (sometimes) arrogance of Fulgrim. We are also often reminded that the marines are representative of their primarchs. One could then argue, if a treachery has happened before, might it not happen again at some point in the future?

On another issue, to me the eventual fate of Qruze, Garro and co. seems pretty well illustrated. Short of James Swallow writing something like, "And Qruze looked into Garro's eyes, and said 'Frankly, darling, I don't give a damn', before walking off into the sunset" there were several hints about what was to come. I was certainly not left with the impression that they were to be executed, or set to work in garbage disposal in any case. Perhaps I would put this in the same bracket as Loken's death - why oh why didn't Abnett write that he was reduced to his component atoms, so there could be no talk of his return?! :D *cough*

Loken is alive i tells ya :confused:

Archived