Modelling: How to make a Female Space Marine in Robes

First, you need to tone down the breasts, technically you wouldn't see the breasts at all through the power armour, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and just say that a bit of boobs would be ok. Also, if you insist on playing women marines then you would work out something with the waist and hips to be a bit more feminine if you are going to have boobs.

Okay, here, let me show you guys the difference. If I were making them as a joke, I would do them like this:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h261/DoctorThunder/Black%20Widows/DSC01099.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h261/DoctorThunder/Black%20Widows/DSC01071.jpg

Nice Pigtails, but I can only wonder what's on that shield.

This is going to be the last warning in this thread. I've had enough of getting a fistful of complaints about this thread every day.

First and foremost, if you don't like the work being portrayed here, or the idea of it, don't read it, and most certainly do not post personal attacks. Secondly, if you guys can't grow up and treat each other with mutual respect, the thread will get closed, and more official warnings will be issued.

That's it. Final warning. Please be respectful of each other and respect the fact that some people have a different opinion than you.

Thank you.

you know I seriously doubt if anyone reads your warnings I'm afraid, it certainly doesn't look like it.

I still think the army is highly entertaining, I have nothing against female marines whatsoever, if I saw them on the other side of the board I would have a hearty chuckle, and then wonder if they have to make minuses to difficult terrain tests due to "obstructions"

I'm not bothered whatever people do, it's their models, I'm happy to see orginality and skill etc. so each to their own. Anyone not happy just accept it for what it is and leave it at that, don't make a negative comment(s) because theres no need, just let it be.

Back to the modelling, very good, I think it's quite cool what you've achieved here, well done.

Also people have been saying they're too big, I agree partly but I've come up with ways you can justify them; extra 'weapons' that that they can use to hypnotize their enemies :D or extra storage, you can never have enough pockets :P

Really they would just look exactly the same as regular marines except the ones with out helmets would have female heads. Any other anatomical differences would me impossible to notice under bulky space marine armor

if you want them to look like SoB use alot of sisters iconography

ooooh, I fear your going to be thrown into feminist hell for that joke! not the best topic...

Personaly I have no reason to care what you do, and you do it very nicley, and pretty damn respectfully, (besides, your mock model with the piggy tails scares me in a way a model shouldn't!)

have you got any plans to give them more feminine body shapes? just to exxagerate? its not necissary, but it would be more pleasing to the eye, rather than the pre mentioned marines with moobs.

I like your models, keep annoying those biggots :P!

I think this is cool excellent use of green stuff but theres a problem....

If you see muscle bond woman..

http://www.hantelparty.de/xt/female-bodybuilder.gif

Thier *clears throat" lady bumps more or less vanish

like in halo female spartans in armour don't look any different,

apart from thier voices they are the same as men.

Theres the problem though... even though its not acurate theres no other way

to represent them is there? unless you have them all not wear head gear and use

alot of those plastic heads from the sisters of battle tank sprue but thats one head

per buy. Ive seen your models in another thread and they are very good stuff but I

have 2 complaints for lack of a better word.

1) Wheres the power armor?

These will look great i reakon and scouts will be fantastic also it would make more

sense for your scouts to have breasts.

2) Terminator armor is big

They would have to have really big ones for them to have to accomadate thier terminator suits.

One last very important thing

Like i always say at the end of the day its your hobby and your models and if you want female

marines i say go for it cause its interesting and to all the guys giving you a hard time you can tell

them that you having female marines will not affect thier lives and if they have a problem remember

they don't have to look at your stuff, if they don't like it leave it, its like going into a pizza parlour and

saying "I don't like pizza".

Keep up the good work and get some power armor and scouts for emperors sake so we can get a look

BTW your combi flamers are Kick ass

The chest size may be arguable but 40k's been known for exaggerating.

I mean really; the Marines themselves are too much. Giant soldiers in 10 inches of power armor? What about the Emperor's Children? They're hedonists to the extreme.

Also, even if their busts don't really show on the armor, they may add these since these Marines could be proud of being female. Amazons, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting this- but I said id get back to you.

Also- apologies for the quality. Im not a painter/modeller type :ph34r: im the gamer type :P

Here was a scout I converted :

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7149/dscn0295ku1.jpg

And here are some of the marine bodies.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4839/dscn0298ql5.jpg

and here:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8726/dscn0297qu1.jpg

What I went for was a stylistic approach as opposed to actual breast shaped breast plates. Reason was my GS skills are horrible. I worked this into the fluff though.

After a little research, I figured that being transformed into a great big hulking fighting machine would cut most of the body fat- leaving the females more than enough room to

fit inside. However, the more buxom warriors that could not fit, unfortunately would have to go through a process similar to that of the amazonians. In my fluff called "the searing" . (I justified the need for this as the tech priests could easily remold the outside of the armour- but couldnt remold the inside). The female warriors that underwent the searing received a modified suit of armour as testament to their devotion.

Modeling wise, I did a few simple things.

Firstly I thinned the thighs of the marines. I also thinned the waist a tiny bit to give a bit more shape.

Secondly, and this was for purely cheesy aesthetics- I cut and trimmed the boots to make a kinda...heel-like boot.

bad pic- but maybe you can see here ->

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1710/dscn0299cj4.jpg

Anyway- yeah..so thats my limited take on it. Of course my fluff differs very drastically from yours. Ill send you a copy sometime if you're interested to read.

Cheers.

Anyway- yeah..so thats my limited take on it. Of course my fluff differs very drastically from yours. Ill send you a copy sometime if you're interested to read.

Cheers.

I love it! Excellent conversions Morticon. -_-

I agree with Morticon, the whole super training= less fat= less chest expansion.

But the hobby was inverted to have fun(and maybe kick the crud out a few friends), and thats why they have items like green stuff and the golden demon.... to show off your crazy modeling skills.

In the end Dr. Thunder the real models (not the scary pun models) look great. I've looked at your terminators too, they look wonderful too.

• 1 year later...
okay good sculpt, but overlooking the fact that their are no femal space marines given the fact that there under what is practically a foot of ceramite armour theres n reason their breasts would be visible. on top of that given the extremely low fat content of a space marines body and the use of steroids theres no reason a so called "female" space marine would even have visible breasts. thats what the sisters of battle are for...

Read through your fluff a long time ago and it passed my scrutiny. And I'm something of a self-confessed fluff Nazi. So I'm fine with female Astartes, at least in your incarnation and the level of justification therein. No more comment on that.

I do not like the massiveness of the 'assets' but understand that this kind of thing is difficult to do with subtlety at 28mm, especially with helmeted heads. Look at the Sisters of Battle models, after all. In this regard they are greater offenders than the Astartes you have made (boobs the size of their waists, I swear). Oh, for GW to introduce plastic sculpts that look like some of the more reasonable fanart I've seen.

I disagree that you should emphasize hip structure in addition, unless you tone down the mammglands in addition. I think it would be too over the top (in 40k? NEVER!) then.

Must admit that I like the 'joke' Marine a bit. Not a lot, but a bit.

Your sculpting is superior to mine and I can't point out many technical flaws in it, only execution and design differences between you and I.

Archived