Anyone playtested Chaos in 5th?

Is anything going to be able to get rid of a squad of Deathguard sitting on an objective? -- I'm gonna go with, not easily... maybe aforementioned vindicator or plasma shots, or an absurdly awesome killy unit in CC... but yeah Plauge marines are just nasty in 5th...

What can get rid of them? Lots of things. A shot from a battlecannon for example.

I can't see why Plague Marines get better while FnP becomes weaker and template weapons become stronger in 5th.

Well cover has gotten better. primarily, scoring to the last model, has made plauge marines very desirable to all players.

how has fnp become weaker?

FNP no longer saves your butt from AP2 weapons, so any STR7 AP2 shot = death.

Curse you Plasma! I've always hated you Battle Cannon... unless I'm shooting you!

So thats no fun, I was growing weary of their pestulent little green carcases walking around on the field...

Skulltaker managed to kill 4 on the charge last time, and his bloodcrushers cleand up the rest... in response to waht can kill them, a Skulltaker marching with a squad of 5 Bloodcrushers does a pretty good job... Rend on a 4+? geeze...

Everybody who plays Eldar for Eldrad, or in the DA and BA books, anyone who wants a decent character.

I was about to say how silly it would be for a Plague Marine to get his FnP against battle cannons but not plasma cannons, and then I remembered it doesn't work against insta-gibbing either. Doi.

So yeah, Blast Master is going to actually be worth its points, better than plasma-cannon when facing MEQ as you always fire.

I didn't realize there was such a morale wound differential in 5th. Sounds like making lists will be fun fun fun, a little bit of fearless, a little bit of Chaos Glory= glorious.

So wound allocation means if I have 7 marines and 1 aspiring, I get eight wounds-- I roll 7 white dice and 1 red dice (for aspiring)?

Does drifting blast get cover save??

Yes and yes.

The downfall with fearless is if you somehow lose the combat, you take as many saves as the difference, many more so than before.

I bet they were thinking that about the blastmaster, and now we know why it costs so dang much.

anyway i refuse to play stupid guys with their special characters so i do not have to worry :>

Oh yes, I agree 100%! I mean who do these people think they are; including aspects of their codex army list that I do not approve of? They got a lot of nerve! I also refuse to play against anyone who includes any weapon of AP3 or better, any weapons with more than two shots, any weapon that negates cover saves or gets more than one die for armour penetration. I also refuse to play against anything with a power weapon, I mean that's just ridiculous! Also, monstrous creatures are right out as I can't figure out any way to kill them.

I refuse to play against people who employ any tactic other than running as fast as they can towards my guns. Using cover is blatantly unfair and broken so I refuse to play against anyone who does so. Also high toughness (I like 3) is right out as is any vehicle with an armour value over 10. I mean, how can I possibly deal with such things? Power armour is only fair if I’m using it. If my opponent can't see the value in flack armour then they are cheesy power gamers and so are not worthy of playing me.

And finally, I refuse to play guys who refuse to play people because they include certain things from their codex army list, this way I can never play with myself...or you. ;)

BTW, I'm having a really hard time finding opponents in my area, any suggestions?

Dosadi

anyway i refuse to play stupid guys with their special characters so i do not have to worry :>

Oh yes, I agree 100%! I mean who do these people think they are; including aspects of their codex army list that I do not approve of? They got a lot of nerve! I also refuse to play against anyone who includes any weapon of AP3 or better, any weapons with more than two shots, any weapon that negates cover saves or gets more than one die for armour penetration. I also refuse to play against anything with a power weapon, I mean that's just ridiculous! Also, monstrous creatures are right out as I can't figure out any way to kill them.

I refuse to play against people who employ any tactic other than running as fast as they can towards my guns. Using cover is blatantly unfair and broken so I refuse to play against anyone who does so. Also high toughness (I like 3) is right out as is any vehicle with an armour value over 10. I mean, how can I possibly deal with such things? Power armour is only fair if I’m using it. If my opponent can't see the value in flack armour then they are cheesy power gamers and so are not worthy of playing me.

And finally, I refuse to play guys who refuse to play people because they include certain things from their codex army list, this way I can never play with myself...or you. ;)

BTW, I'm having a really hard time finding opponents in my area, any suggestions?

Dosadi

Well, what you just said is the problem, you're a picky git!(no offense) play these people. SPecial characters are usually exspensive to field so your opponents will use less of anything else....

The fearless units that klose combat take as many wounds as they lost the combat by. Charging zerkers or even a 10+ nman squad or regular CSM's into an ork horde will do a lot of damage. Plus oour blast weapons are more effective against hordes. So basically hordes will only rule if you suck at strategy.

Dosadi

Well, what you just said is the problem, you're a picky git!(no offense) play these people. SPecial characters are usually exspensive to field so your opponents will use less of anything else....

How anyone with a neuron could have missed a post entirely dedicated to sarcasm is beyond me. Tell the Berserker-Surgeons that they need to be a little less 'thorough' with their brain-scooping.. :)

So are bikes worth considering for our FA in 5th ed or are raptors still the way to go?

Nurgle Bikers seem quite promising, if only for the T6. Give 'em a plasma gun or two and you have yourself a free-roaming gun platform. Admittedly they'll die like flies to ordnance, but then so does everything in power armour - what else is new?

To be honest, it's a choice between boring and generic or generic and boring. The only reason I've any Fast units at all is 'cause the Raptors make good ablative wounds for my Sorcerer...

Archived