Hide Stalkers

Gyson_Vore

I recently wrote an IA ((Found in the renegade chapter sticky)) for a renegade chapter of space marines that have suffered a large loss of scouts. So the scouts they do have are very well adapted at their job. I'm basing them mostly off of Wolf Scouts from the Space wolf Codex, elite unit that is more seasoned than the scouts of normal chapters. So these are my first thoughts.

Hide Stalkers: 1 Master of the hunt and between 4-9 Stalkers

Stalker 35 pts

WS4 BS2 S4 T4 A2 W1 INT4 LD9 SV 4+

Master of the hunt 50 pts

WS5 BS2 S4 T4 A3 W2 INT4 LD10 SV4+

Weapons: Stalkers have a pair ofClose combat weapons, and Frag Grenades The master of the hunt has a power weapon and close combat weapon as well as Frag Grenades.

Options: Any member of the squad may replace a close combat weapon with one of the following. A power weapon for +20 points, or a plasma pistol at +15 Points. A single member of the squad may have one of the following. A flamer for +6 points, or a Melta gun for + 10 points. In addition the Mater of the hunt may select additional items from the Space Marine Armoury.

The Squad may be equiped with Krak Grenades at two points per model

Special Rules:

Operate behind Enemy lines: A single squad of Hide Stalkers may enter the board edge from the opposing forces side. If the mission being played does not have a designated board edge, they enter on the edge the opposing forces retreat towards, and will also retreat towards that edge.

Infiltrate

Move Through Cover

Stalkers: On raid missions, sentries are only able to raise an alarm on a roll of 6 after being killed in close combat.

-----

My thoughts, comments and criticism welcome.

3 attacks 4 on the charge with obel all that for 20 pts and this unit can be full of power weapons [well it should be run with 2 power and fist on the leader for more attacks] . you have gone the top here . wante obel play sw .

ohh wait +1 to cover too . lol in the 5th this means they are runing with +2/3 cover most of the time .

3 attacks 4 on the charge with obel all that for 20 pts and this unit can be full of power weapons [well it should be run with 2 power and fist on the leader for more attacks] . you have gone the top here . wante obel play sw .

ohh wait +1 to cover too . lol in the 5th this means they are runing with +2/3 cover most of the time .

I haven't played 5th ed yet, so I didn't know about the changes to coer saves, so I'm probably going to drop that if that is the case. I also did adjust the stats abit, dropping the BS to 3 (which I may want to drop down to 2 anyway). I've also cut out a lot of the scouts versitility by dropping the sniper rifle, the heavy weapons, the shotgun and the bolter options, so they are only really kitted for close combat. I'll also be paying about 210 points for a full unit without any modifications, for a minimum that will run me 110 points. This is just a rough draft, so that's way things can be changed. In the future though, it might be good to be a little more constructive and offer ideas on how it can be fixed.

I do play Space wolves by the way, that's why I know the rule.

Archived