Wyoming, USA

whiteraven17708

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey djkest,

I'm in Green River so more like 5 minutes compared to the guy above. He was moving to North Dakota anyway. Do you play in the group that meets at the library every month? Send me a pm for a game sometime.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Evidently Ogre's Den in Casper is closing. I'm told that games are possibly still possible in Cheyenne and Laramie? Also some of the regulars from Ogre's Den will be forming a local group.

Edit: Just posting for any future people looking for games in WY. I realize the previous posters are aware of Ogre's Den closing and the local group forming.

Edited by Rygoth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Laramie has a gameshop again, its near 3rd and grand next to the barber shop.. the group is pretty good but we died back a bit when the last shop died. Casual games on Saturdays, Painting/Modelling on Tuesdays and starting an escalation league Saturday. Come on down!

• 3 weeks later...
Laramie has a gameshop again, its near 3rd and grand next to the barber shop.. the group is pretty good but we died back a bit when the last shop died. Casual games on Saturdays, Painting/Modelling on Tuesdays and starting an escalation league Saturday. Come on down!

Cool, I may have to come down on a Saturday when I have a day off! How many people usually show up?

So, I'm trying to get more games in, but it's difficult as I travel for work. Was just wondering if there were any other wyoming 40k players besides the 5 I already know?

My work is requiring me to travel to Casper quite frequently, and I could potentially end up living there permanently in a few years. As a result, I was wondering if this group was still in existence. If so, do you know how I could go about contacting them? Is there any other groups or game stores in the area?

Edited by hebbish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, I just signed up on this forum, Saw this thread here, yes the last post is a bit back, but figured I'd post anyhow as this is my first post here on B&C.

Anyhow, I will be moving to Casper, WY, actually just outside of it. After doing a bit of poking around on the internet I see there are no hobby shops there since Ogre's Den had closed down. I should be all settled in by the end of February 2012. I play Ultramarines, have a small 500 point force i'm working on right now, with some other stuff I can add in as I finish it, I am slowly building it up. I do have some Tau, but gave them up after a lot of trouble with GW and them sending me bad replacement parts for initially badly molded Tau products. They collect dust now, and probably will become casualties of war and pieces of terrain unless I can trade them off or something to that effect.

I have been playing on and off since around 3rd edition, but never could get a consistent gaming group, so my rules knowledge needs some work. Also, my wife has a bit of interest in 40k and once we get settled she may start up an army of her own.

I enjoy the modelling aspect of the game the most, especially when it comes to making gaming tables. I have roughly 3 or 4 notebooks filled with "blueprints" of many, many idea for tables and terrain. I will be building these in due time.

If anyone in Casper, WY or about an hour or so away wants to get together for a few small games say once or twice a month, let me know. I would really like to learn more about the how the game is played, I know the basics, maybe more, but I am no pro by far.

Let me know!

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey got an update for Cheyenne, we have a nice game store now Gryphon Games and Comics (its been around for maybe a year or two) at first it looks kinda small but it has a basement we use as a game room. They run a tournament about once or twice a month for several different systems. One thing of note, with exception of the tournaments or any paid events, there is a membership fee (24 bucks a year, oh no...) to play, there is a free trail period of a month or two. After that though its members only except for paid events.