Daemon Prince size

Crucifer

ok ok so im making a deamon prince for my army the Iron Saints and my one commander i wanted to create a daemon prince, you know, kinda a fallen angel with a hell of a cool masquerade like mask ( forgive me for referring to phantom of the opera) But the thing was i didn't want to make him like a hell of a huge daemon prince I aint talkin angron or the seriouslty large magnus the red

you know, like an average sized terminator size guy with angel wings :)

so is it ok (as in sticking to the fluff) that the daemon prince only slighty change in size or do they have to turn into giant hulking monsters?

If it was the precious chaod codex then you'd have to stick to size, it stated this in Deamonic Stature...

however, flicking through the codex now I see no reason why you wouldn't be allowed to

I would suggest you model him on the deamon prince base (well a base the same size)

Just to stop arguments

According to the fluff, Daemon Princes range in size, stature and shape incredibly. They are the most various and idiosyncratic of daemons in that they retain a great deal of the drives and characteristics they evinced in their mortal lives.

Under the last codex, this was represented by the fact that you could make a Daemon Prince WITHOUT giving it the Daemonic Stature Gift. Unfortunately, under the current codex, creating a smaller or slighter daemon prince is somewhat tricky...

"this was represented by the fact that you could make a Daemon Prince WITHOUT giving it the Daemonic Stature Gift."

Errrm, didn't the Daemon prince get Daemonic Stature automatically?

nope the upgrade was in deamonic gifts

gave the user alot for its points too :ph34r:

Demon Princes use a 60mm Base, aka the Dreadnought bases. So you can go bonkers on that base.

My friend had a wicked looking Spikey Marine that was his Demon Prince. So you kinda ignored, and maybe later in the game you just assume its a color Champion, until it whips out 8 attacks on the charge, and rips through your units.

Demon Princes use a 60mm Base, aka the Dreadnought bases. So you can go bonkers on that base.

My friend had a wicked looking Spikey Marine that was his Demon Prince. So you kinda ignored, and maybe later in the game you just assume its a color Champion, until it whips out 8 attacks on the charge, and rips through your units.

The pictures in the codex shows them on a 40mm terminator base and my Daemon prince came with one.

Also with true line of sight in 5th edition it'd be kind of cheesy to make your Daemon prince easier to hide so at least give him a large scenic base to make him as tall as a regular Daemon Prince.

Otherwise people might get a bit miffed.

For my new Daemon Prince I'm useing the new Plastic Possessed, since he got wing I'm making him fly as well as trying out some true scale to make him stand out that much bigger in the army of course. Don't get me wrong the GW metal Daemon Prince is cool & is pretty much the only model I would not convert... but same time I am a man who enjoy converting & been agies since I had this image of my Daemon Prince warsmith... now I can do it useing the new plastic possessed.

For me, I think as long as he on the 40mm base he should be alright (this in in general) & as long as you don't have same models eg: for me I don't use Possessed so there will not be much confusion & it the only Possessed model I use for my Daemon Prince with Wings.

But to answer the question, I think you should be alright & just let people know before the game. It all about commen sence end of the day really :Elite: If it for event, just double check with them. I have no problem myself, as said I like conversion & more so seen cool converted models/face them in games. But again alway make sure it clear to your oppent so there no confusion

IP

Just thought I'd chip in, DPs can be anything that isn't human any longer but once was

one of the DPs in the Soul Drinkers Omnibus was actually colonies of sentient bacteria, he possessed multitudes of hosts at once

i agree with IA

ig you explain before hand it should always be ok....

and its not just about common sense...its also about stoprtsmanship

only a bad sport is not going to let you...

or maybe the grand tourny officials lol

lolo

its weird that the generic daemon prince is all gigantor and stuff and yet its saying abaddon is as powerful as a daemon prince

maybe that concept of an abbadon without daemonic stature would work as a custom DP, but then again that sounds over buffed and unbalanced

well unless they make some official ruling of model size [and they will never do that because their own models dont hold GW scale ] Its not hard to imagine nurgling DP on large bases etc .

All I all I suspect to see a lot of rhinos with huge baners/sun screens etc with the way LoS works right now who wouldnt want a stretch land raider and a mini rhino that is twice as tall?

I built my 'Daemon Prince' out of bits for normal marines. I put him on a Terminator base and put a little cork down to make him taller. It's perfectly legal, but my friends are giving me a lot of crap about doing it. People expect to see big hulking Daemon Princes. That particular expectation, I think, is pretty baseless, but it's there, nonetheless.

Do what you want (make sure you use the right sized base, though) but don't expect to not get harassed if your DP isn't at least as huge and hulking (and easy to shoot) as the normal DP model.

Note, the "on the base it came with or bigger" is a 4th edition rule. :) As far as conversions, as long as it roughly occupies the same area as the original model, and doesn't confer unfair advantages due to the modeling (line-of-sight, confusion with other models, etc), you should be fine.

DP is a monster & he should be LARGE. According to the 5th ed a monster can get cover only if more than 50% of its body can-t be seen. so its a cheat to make mini d-p's/ its just like half-buried fexes with only gun&head on the base//

If you want him to use the rules for the unit entry : Chaos Daemon Prince (which is a Monstrous Creature) he should be modelled accordingly, otherwise you will likely get issues with other players. If you want to use the rules for the unit entry : Chaos Lord, and call it a daemon prince, go for it.

But I suggest that you explain it to your opponent before the game.

Citadel miniatures are normally supplied with a plastic base. If so, they must be glued onto their bases before they can be used in the game.

Some players like to mount their models on impressive scenic bases. As mounting your models on different sized bases might affect the way they interact with the rules, make sure before the game that your opponent does not mind this.

My 2 Kraks.

NO NO NO NO

A Daemon Prince is a big ass monster, REAL big and scary

If someone was to play me, using a 40mm based little spiky marine...

that SOMEONE would be on the receiving end of 8 times getting hit with the magical conversion fists I keep tucked away in my right & left sleeves

you heretics better be aware someone is keeping his eye on you...

DON'T!! please construct the biggest, nastiest, most rancid daemon prince memorable

and post it here for us all to gloat over and druel over

Well, Vastah, my friends might be jerks on occasion, but at least I don't have to put up with someone like you. Talk about sapping the fun out of the game, anyone who would assault an opponent over an unliked conversion doesn't deserve to play.

Archived