Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Version of Russ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Wolf Lord Mjolnir

Wolf Lord Mjolnir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
HI guys,

I think my conversion of Russ is complete but I just need to add a tankard and paint!

Let me know what my fellow wolf brothers think:

Space Wolf Primarch, Leman of the Russ

Skol!

Mjol

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
That Mjol, is one of the finest visualisations of Russ I've yet seen ;), some very nice work brother, love it :lol:

Whats the chances of getting a shot with a standard marine next to him for a size comparison? :D
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,591 posts
Great Work, dude. I love him. Take an Ale. And now back on your table and give him a proper paintjob.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Wolf of Russ

Wolf of Russ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
As I said in the other thread, he is phenomenal! Massively impressive model. Can't wait to see him painted!

Edited by Wolf of Russ, 06 July 2008 - 04:19 PM.

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
Amazing job....i wish i had anywhere near those conversion skills. An ale indeed! I also like the fact that you didnt go with the spear of russ (considering, fluff wise, he despised using the thing). great job mate
Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.

Iams

Iams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
I like it.

Vash113

Vash113

++ SCRIPTOR CLASSIARIUM ++

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,660 posts
Add a tankard I say!

Anyway that is deffinitely the best version of Russ I've seen yet. Great job!

"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?"
"The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris," Torgadon put in. "Because they're clinically insane."
-1st Captain Sigismund of the Imperial Fists and Captain of the Luna Wolves 2nd Company.

Comprehensive History Archive

SonOfFenris

SonOfFenris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
wow...thats an amazing version of russ, i cant do anything like this .. haha i envy you ! I need to start trying stuff like this, practice makes perfect i suppose. But again.. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING I LOVE IT. NOW PAINT IT ! :P
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on."

jamsight

jamsight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Lovely that is a wicked conversion. Hope you have fun painting it so you do it quicker :lol:

PS where di you get the shoulder pads ?

Edited by jamsight, 07 July 2008 - 07:49 PM.

Think before you type !

http://tacticadarkan...blogspot.co.uk/ (Coz it's my mates and it's cool!)

Playing Space marines on xbox add me jamsight

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,243 posts
that my brother is a superb model, now get painting
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

Valhalla

Valhalla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
That is a model worthy of Russ, please repost with more pictures once its painted.

lothbrok

lothbrok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
thats the coolest model ive ever seen.
i think you should ad an ale horn thoe they are never a bad thing to add(;

but as i said before hes awesome anyway.
what did you use for his frost blade.

jamsight

jamsight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Nevermind reading this post get painting :P
Think before you type !

http://tacticadarkan...blogspot.co.uk/ (Coz it's my mates and it's cool!)

Playing Space marines on xbox add me jamsight

DragonPup

DragonPup

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Holy....wow.

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Great Work Brother Wolf! Have some mjöd on me!

Also, paint him nice or the Space Wolfs will kill you in your sleep ;)

Regards
Menathorn

The emperors chosen

The emperors chosen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
:lol:
QUOTE (Big King Bob @ Apr 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finds a lab? with computers? accesses the sum total of human knowledge up to the DAOT?
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!!! DAMN YOU!!!

QUOTE (maligncomedy @ Oct 4 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Lord of Change had spoketh, "Make up with the Wolves, young sorceror, for their codex will destroy ye soulless arses, thanks to the blasphemy that is Phil Kelly", and then it was done.

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it." -Captain Kayvaan Shrike, third company, Raven Guard
QUOTE (Thantoes @ Mar 8 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im all for sculpted torsos but really.....Nipples????

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,531 posts
I was thinking of creating Russ. however my idea is like the devotional fountain in cities of death. In that instance he would be equipped with the spear of Russ as he only carried it at ceremonis. He wold be surrounded by Fenrisian wolves and his wolf lords. You have now iven me the inspiration I needed to start this project
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

Bullet_magnet

Bullet_magnet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts
Dude I am green with envy and now I have the odd burning sensation to bust out a large amount of green stuff and spend days locked in my room to make our glorius primarch. btw did you briad those? that must have been a delicate and frustrating process. Superb job brother now you get in that forge and get him nice and purtty so that he can properly smash thousands heretics heads in.

barek

barek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
^_^
"Emperor have pity, for the Long Fangs will not."
Brother Leethel

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,531 posts
Do you reckon that Russ would be equipped with terminator armor or power armor? I'm just wondering as it would be cool to create a statue of Russ and use it as sacred ground in cities of death

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts

Do you reckon that Russ would be equipped with terminator armor or power armor? I'm just wondering as it would be cool to create a statue of Russ and use it as sacred ground in cities of death

Very ornate power armor (ie, artificer armor like you cant imagine). I'm not sure if any primarchs used "terminator armor" as such (maybe Ferrus Manus?), as they had the best plate that could have been created, and it was built even bigger than a suit of termie armor (these guys stood about twice the size of a standard marine). As far as modeling goes, it might not hurt to use some bits from a termie sprue to give the primarch some height. If you want to get an idea of how a primarch's armor looks fully painted up, try and find yourself the white dwarf from last year's chicago golden daemon. There actually was a group of guys who made up a bunch of the primarchs (khan, fulgrim, ferrous, alpharius, and a few more) and the Fulgrim actually took the show.
Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.

Vash113

Vash113

++ SCRIPTOR CLASSIARIUM ++

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,660 posts
As far as I know only Horus wore Terminator Armor though Dorn may also have done so, but Terminator Armor far more advanced than what normal marines clank about in.

"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?"
"The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris," Torgadon put in. "Because they're clinically insane."
-1st Captain Sigismund of the Imperial Fists and Captain of the Luna Wolves 2nd Company.

Comprehensive History Archive

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
I can't seem to see our blessed Russ in Terminator armor, he would prefer the faster power armor...plus I'm sure his armor would be the equal to termie armor at least.
For Russ and the All Father!!!

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,531 posts
I had a feeling it would be power armour. Hmm.... This is going to take modelling skill I do not currently posess. Oh well, I'm not buying any more wolves until the new codex because I just know the models I put together will become obsolete so I can work on Russ. As it is a statue though I don't need to worry about height too much.