Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Washington, USA

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Zero_2005

Zero_2005

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

Ha... I feel you on the distance thing. I live near Shelton, and my closest gaming areas are either Olympia's Olympic Card and Comics, which doesn't have a big enough 40k following to play randomly, or Gig Harbor GW store. The Gig Harbor GW store is pretty great, we actually beat the other GW stores in a recent apocalypse formation arms race. Not bad when you consider we are facing against Seattle and Tacoma.

• Shaughnn likes this

-Zero

Space Wolves 5th Great Company.

Blood Ravens 4th Company.

Disciple of Dorn

Disciple of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists, and successors

The Tacoma store is not what it used to be in Apocalypse power... We used to beat out pretty much everyone, then stuff happened, and the guys with the largest amounts of stuff/drive to run events all left the store.

No place shall be denied to them, no enemy shall bar their way. They shall be proud of heart and stoic of spirit. They shall be measured and wise, yet their hatred shall burn with such heat that their enemies wither and die before them. They shall be masters of every weapon, every ploy, and every strategy, fierce in the attack and solid in the defense. They shall go where others fear to tread, and return victorious, that we all might live but one more day.
-Extract from the Apocrypha of Eons, Verse I, Chapter III

Imperial Forces: Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Black Templars, Armageddon Steel Legion
Chaos: Word Bearers
Xenos: Eldar

Brother Sandalphon

Brother Sandalphon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Hi, I'm in Fort Lewis if anyone is on post and willing to play. I'd love to get a club together on base.

Sigmarius

Sigmarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts
  • Chapter Name: Praetorian Fists
Apologies for the necropost, but I figured it was better than starting a new thread.

What is the 40k community like in the Seattle area? I'm vaguely considering moving out that way and I'm trying to get an idea on the community.

Thanks all!

Chris Hadden

Chris Hadden

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
North of Seattle in Everett the scene is great! We play at a store called Mugu games which has monthly tournaments and even 30k events for the 10 or so players

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,711 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves, Lamenters

I too will be moving to Seattle at the end of May and will need a place to get my game on. I don't usually play tourneys but I like pick up games and the chance to meet new people and pick up new modeling ideas!!

Thanks in advance!!

End of Line

Wolf Lord Kieran -"...and please dick-punch your friend. Such gaming practices should be corrected in a memorable manner."
NightHowler -*Asvard's Drinking Horn: Once per game you can raise your hands, calming the din of battle, and take a drink from Asvard's Drinking Horn. While this has no effect in game, it does make you look extremely badass and will earn you more than one high five from the other Wolf Lords.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

TyTyMcFly

TyTyMcFly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
Hey everyone! I'm friends with your owner of a place called Meeple's Games in West Seattle. They have GW merchandise, plenty of space, and great food. All they need now is a gaming community. They technically have warhammer might on Wednesday after 5, but its not popular and they are attempting to liquidate stock. Let me know if anyone is near enough to meet. They don't have scenery and tables yet, but that could happen if there was interest.

Deekthegreat

Deekthegreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
Hey guys anyone in the Vancouver area or any parts around it furthest ill go north is woodmand that plays 30k i am trying to get into but have no luck finding people around Vancouver who play it

Shaughnn

Shaughnn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists

Have you tried the folks wth Ordo Fanaticus?  There's a decent group of 30k players around Mugu Games, in Everett, WA.

Deekthegreat

Deekthegreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
Yea thats to far for me living near portland doesnt help travel

Deekthegreat

Deekthegreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
Looking to see if there are any 30k gamers in the tacoma area. I have a friend who lives around there and am hoping to go up and kick it with him from time to time are there players who would be available for a game

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,256 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

I live in a deadzone. I'm in Enumclaw. Auburn closed and Kent Station is just a boutique with one fancy table. Are there any players in the south KC area? I do have a game room, but it's set up for RPG/CCG fare. I could potentially host over the summer if there is some interest and no other active groups. 

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

Shaughnn

Shaughnn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Hey Twopounder.  The GW shop in Puyallup has a pretty good crowd, if you haven't checked it out.  Heroic Knight Games in Issaquah or Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey might be your closest options for public gaming otherwise.  Heroic Knight is probably your best bet, as it's only 25 miles away from Enumclaw.  It has a night for open miniature playing on Tuesdays and Thursday nights is Warhammer.  They've got a lot of tables and a lot of terrain and a great crowd. 

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,256 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

Hey Twopounder.  The GW shop in Puyallup has a pretty good crowd, if you haven't checked it out.  Heroic Knight Games in Issaquah or Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey might be your closest options for public gaming otherwise.  Heroic Knight is probably your best bet, as it's only 25 miles away from Enumclaw.  It has a night for open miniature playing on Tuesdays and Thursday nights is Warhammer.  They've got a lot of tables and a lot of terrain and a great crowd. 

I've played there, and it seems alright. I was hoping for a bit shorter drive. Lacey is right out, and Issiquah is a pain with how bad traffic on I5 and I405 is getting.

I hadn't heard of Heroic Knight though. Maybe I'll venture up and pay them a visit. It's still 2 hours of driving, so I'll keep my eye open for something closer.

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

mateus of ultramar

mateus of ultramar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

I just recently moved to Bellevue, Besides MOX, where is another place locally that carries GW and plays? that store seems to favor PP, nothing wrong with warmahordes, I just obviously perfer my warhammer

Shaughnn

Shaughnn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Hi Mateus,

Heroic Knight in Issaquah and Games & Gizmos in Redmond are going to be your closest stores.  Heroic Knight has open miniature gaming on Tuesdays and Warhammer Thursdays.  Paul and Thomas are exceptional folks too!
Games & Gizmos is relocating soon, and recreating themselves into a gaming pub (if I understand things correctly).  But it's a good crowd and a good store.  I'm further South, in Kent, so I don't make it to Redmond as much as I am able to visit Issaquah.
Welcome to the area!

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts
  • Chapter Name: Guardians of the Covenant

please delete

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls, 25 August 2016 - 05:31 PM.

My Library | My Finished Units

fC7ObsOm.jpg

Works in Progress - Guardians of the Covenant (2,548 pts) | Emperors Children (TBA) | Imperial Agents (570 pts)

Shaughnn

Shaughnn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Hi Darkn3ssFalls.  Wrong Washington.  We're the one with lots of trees and salmon.  Not so much Congressmen.  ;)
Cheers from Seattle!

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts

Hi Darkn3ssFalls.  Wrong Washington.  We're the one with lots of trees and salmon.  Not so much Congressmen.  ;)
Cheers from Seattle!

Interesting they must have combined them there's a mix of posts in there

fC7ObsOm.jpg

Works in Progress - Guardians of the Covenant (2,548 pts) | Emperors Children (TBA) | Imperial Agents (570 pts)

Shaughnn

Shaughnn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Not combined.  Just a common mistake.  Here's the thread you want.
http://www.bolterand...hington-dc-usa/

Darkn3ssF4lls

Darkn3ssF4lls

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts

Not combined.  Just a common mistake.  Here's the thread you want.
http://www.bolterand...hington-dc-usa/

Aha anyway a admin can move the post lol? Looks like I was the last one to post in there in 2014 !

fC7ObsOm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users