New Jersey, USA

Tox_boy

Well, if you are up for a road trip, Reality's Edge in Arlington has good 40k on Sundays, cool terrain, cool guys, very nice armies. I am a North Jersey guy, so I can't help you much with either of those stores though.

Good luck finding a game in the Garden State!

I used to live in Kearny. I have been in there once. I don't remember how many tables they had. Is it the usual crowded with a dozen young kids? Don't get me wrong I don't know how to play, but a dozen people trying to play on a table or two is not that conducive to learning. Especially when no one knows the rules.

Hey, I work at the game room in new jersey :P . Weird to see us listed lol, anyway we have most of our gaming on Friday evenings and all day Saturday. Due to limited space though, we can usually only get 3 to 4 games going at once. So come early if you want to get a spot in. We're inside Woodbridge Mall, upper level.

Hey there. I'm up in Maplewood in Essex County. Maplewood Hobby in Maplewood (duh!) is about 45 minutes north of you. The Only Game In Town in Somerville, NJ is about 45 minutes northwest of you. I belong to a private club up in River Edge called HQ the Club. They're about an hour north of you but it'd totally be worth the trip. You can check out their boards via the link in my signature...

Maplewood is a great place, I've gone there many a friday night (whats up joe?). As for the Game room, we usually have customers who come in and play anywhere from 1000 and up. Lately they've been on an apocalypse spree. We've been using 5th ed for about the last 2 months now. Both places, maplewood and the gameroom are awesome places to play at. Not to many rules lawyers and dicks around, though of course you'll always get a few power gamers at both stores

• 3 months later...
hello all, i go to NJIT in Newark, NJ and was wondering if anyone else went there, i've been looking for opponents but its hard to find people who play, i mean come on! is a college of geeks for crying out loud! one must play 40k, its not just a cool kids hobby :P so anyone out there? Edited by Marshal van Trapp

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know the current schedule for Maplewood or Game Room Store?

I'm in Westfield, btw. The nearest place I've found is Scotch Plains on Sundays, although the last time I was there it was just me and an employee :D

When I was in middle school there used to be a group playing at the Y, although I don't know if they are still around.

• 2 months later...
Jersey Shore Hobbies in Seagirt has a great gaming community. 6 gaming tables, all designed and made by the guys who play there, and they're still adding more. Saturday is the primary day for playing 40k.

Anyone know the current schedule for Maplewood or Game Room Store?

I'm in Westfield, btw. The nearest place I've found is Scotch Plains on Sundays, although the last time I was there it was just me and an employee <_<

When I was in middle school there used to be a group playing at the Y, although I don't know if they are still around.

I work in summit now. Is that the little shop of comics in Scotch Plains? I drive by all the time. I guess they don't have any open play other than Sundays.

I think since I started this thread I may have played once. Mostly my too busy

• 1 month later...
I recently moved to the Bergen County area... any gaming clubs or places up here that would be interested in another Power Armored army?

depending where you are in Bergen county, there is a place over in Cedar Grove that plays 40k on Thursdays, that's where i end up going, but unfortunately I've been busy the last few Thursdays...

• 1 month later...

I'm getting my feet wet after a 5 year hiatus. The Emperor calls!

Looking for games in the Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington County area. I've been to the local GW store in Echelon Village. Great staff, friendly peeps, but I'm looking for a 18+ club with chill mature players.

I'm currently assembling a BA army, and looking to expand to other armies in the future.

Cheers.

I'm getting my feet wet after a 5 year hiatus. The Emperor calls!

Looking for games in the Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington County area. I've been to the local GW store in Echelon Village. Great staff, friendly peeps, but I'm looking for a 18+ club with chill mature players.

I'm currently assembling a BA army, and looking to expand to other armies in the future.

Cheers.

I'm originally form Delran (I'm down in DC now though) However, my older brother and some friends still get together for games every once in awhile. Were all in 30's and usually play in either Delran or Cherry Hill. I don't know how often they get together and play 40k when I'm not around but I'll ask. I know they play other games as well, with more frequency, such as Flames of War and Warhammer Historicals.

When I hear back I'll either post or pm you.

Edited by masterseth

• 4 weeks later...
I am a week and a half away from moving to New Jersey to be with my girl friend. I have a great gaming group here in my town, but that is in Michigan, so I certainly will not be making the Friday night 40k sessions here anymore. I am looking for a good gaming group in NJ, and wondering if anyone here is from there and can recommend some. I will be around the Montclair area, so 20 miles or so outside NYC. I found one out there on a visit called Time Warp Comics, maybe someone here is from their group. Any help from you all would be appreciated