The SW/TSons summer campaign

Dark Bjoern

To be honest. it works not as i had hoped. From the first reaction we got in the first topic for this campaign, i thought much more SW would participate in this campaign and in the TSons forum it doesn´t look better. But i have hope- And next time Deneris and i give us self a bit longer for the planning.

my apologies wolf brother DB, the problem in my sector is that there are far to few or no Thousand Son's players around that are willing to fight against the mighty Space Wolves! The last time I did play against one was about a year or two ago. I've put inquires at both GW locations and yet no replies.. more chaos players seem to have gone into the Daemons armies or other Legions. Tis a shame really, I guess my Warband set a great example the last time I played against the Thousand Son's. ;)

Every Chaos player would work.

My next Campaign will be better planned. I think i will organize a B&C Winter Campaign. With this campaign i have learned about our mistakes. Next time it will hopefully run better.

Every Chaos player would work.

My next Campaign will be better planned. I think i will organize a B&C Winter Campaign. With this campaign i have learned about our mistakes. Next time it will hopefully run better.

but.. are we gonna finish this one?

• 2 weeks later...
Two weeks are over and here is the result of our planning. I hope you guys like it and many of you will participate in our smal campaign.

The Battle for Kiartan

Now during the summer time, when it was closer to it's Sun, Kiartan is shaken by seismic activities and many volcanic eruptions. During the long and harsh winters, when the distance between the Sun and the planet becomes larger, blizzards make it an inhospitable place to be; all things considered, Kiartan was not unlike Fenris.

Deneris and Dark Bjoern

DB,

I just wanted to point out for you that, at least here on Holy Terra, the distance between the planet and Sol has nothing to do with the seasons. The changes in seasonal temperatures on the planet's surface is due to the changing angle of the planet's axis of rotation in relation to the Sun. If seasonal temperature changes were due to changing distances to the Sun in the annual orbit then Britain and Australia, being on the same planet and therefore the same distance from the Sun on any given day, would experience Winter or Summer at the same time, which they do not.

Just wanted to correct a common misconception.

Best regards,

Valerian

Two weeks are over and here is the result of our planning. I hope you guys like it and many of you will participate in our smal campaign.

The Battle for Kiartan

Now during the summer time, when it was closer to it's Sun, Kiartan is shaken by seismic activities and many volcanic eruptions. During the long and harsh winters, when the distance between the Sun and the planet becomes larger, blizzards make it an inhospitable place to be; all things considered, Kiartan was not unlike Fenris.

Deneris and Dark Bjoern

DB,

I just wanted to point out for you that, at least here on Holy Terra, the distance between the planet and Sol has nothing to do with the seasons. The changes in seasonal temperatures on the planet's surface is due to the changing angle of the planet's axis of rotation in relation to the Sun. If seasonal temperature changes were due to changing distances to the Sun in the annual orbit then Britain and Australia, being on the same planet and therefore the same distance from the Sun on any given day, would experience Winter or Summer at the same time, which they do not.

Just wanted to correct a common misconception.

Best regards,

Valerian

Thanks but i don´t see the point :( ? If you have read the full background story you would know that the planet Kiartan was hit by an Asteroid and the planet is now on an elliptical orbit around his sun. And this is the reason for the extreme weather conditions on Kiartan. That´s what it makes the planet very similar to Fenris. That´s what was intended, to creat a planet not uneven like Fenris.

Archived