Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000pts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
lol, yeh my mate's 3 Hammerhead list would love those lists :P, specially with the 5th Ed.... Hammerheads are nigh indestructible now :P, and they were bad enough before :P
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

Icewolf

Icewolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

Wait hang on this has no tank killing ability Darn you new rending rule!

Acutally the list does as the LRC have Muitimeltas as standard

So another question on my list is it worth removing 1 of the grey hunter packs for a unit of wolf scouts

your thoughts

Icewolf
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but power fists work even better!

I'm all for talking nice and being peaceful, but if that fails, I'm all for running their sorry arses down with 90 tons of Land Raider Crusader.

The breakfast of champions is not cearal but the opposition.

There's no such thing as being surrounded, but there are times when you can attack in any direction.

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
Short answer, no. Not in 5th Ed.

In 4th, possibly, as at least in 4th they were still a scoring unit. But in 5th, at 1000pt, when you already have over a quarter of your points available tied up in the LRC... you need as many scoring units as you can get, and the G.Hunters are a lot more durable then the scouts.

If it was a standard 1000pt list I'd say take a OBEL pack as standard in pretty much any list, but with a 1000pt LRC list, you need as much other points into the Troops choices as you can get.
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

Icewolf

Icewolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
The reason that I asked was if a pack of scouts arrived on my opponents board edge they could then assault and prevent a unit shooting at the crusader with the WGBL and blood claws in increasing their chances of arriving to kill my opponents

Icewolf

I'm all for talking nice and being peaceful, but if that fails, I'm all for running their sorry arses down with 90 tons of Land Raider Crusader.

There's no such thing as being surrounded, but there are times when you can attack in any direction.

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
Brother Icewolf,
in a 1000pt game...that's a something you may want to think twice about. But, if you can afford scouts -GET EM! OBEL rocks faces. Nothing like watching your opponent cry when he says "they can't assault when they arrived as they're deep striking..." MU-HA HA HA ;)
For the Wolftime, praise Russ!

In Russ we trust, all others kiss my axe.

Icewolf

Icewolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
I will work out a new list but at the moment I think that it will be replacing 1 Grey hunter pack and possibly free up some points for 1 or 2 more blood claws

also is a wolf guard pack leader worth trying to squese in and attack to the wolf scouts

Icewolf

Icewolf

Icewolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
So the list with wolf scouts

Wolf Guard Battle Leader
Bolt pistol
Frag grenades
Frost Blade

Venerable Dreadnaught
Assault Cannon
Smoke lanchers
Extra armour

Wolf guard pack leader (attached to scouts)
Power fist
Bolt pistol
Frag grenades

6 Wolf scouts
Frag granades
2x power weapon

8 Grey hunters
plasma gun

11 Blood claws
2x power weapon
1x power fist

Land Raider Crusader
Smoke lanchers

Total 1000

C&C welcome

Icewolf

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
Good list, roll with it, I'd put a thunder hammer on the WGPL that is attached to the scouts, just because it's cute when assaulting a vehicle :P .

Also a meltagun and some plasma pistols wouldn't hurt on that scouts squad. :lol:

Other than that, play test it and see how you like it.
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Icewolf

Icewolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
Not sure where I could find the points for that if the plasma gun on the gery hunters was dropped I could get 12pts more there but otherwise I think I will possibly playtest the list but wait until the new marine and wolf codex comes out as I would have to aquire most of that List

Icewolf

Edit: Anyone got any ideas if I should change or just try this list out

Edited by Icewolf, 10 August 2008 - 11:08 AM.