Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4 Mighty Hero's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Lord Howland Greywolf

Lord Howland Greywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
Talking at my freinds today I came up with this little notion. What if Logan Grimnar, Ragnar Blackmain, Ulric the slayer and Bjorn the fell handed (could be reprisented by useing Ulrics ability on a VenDread) turned up in the same game (Apocolips)
the four mighty heros kicking ass and taking names, alltogether is just too good to think about. And anouther good thing about 5th ed is that IC can form into little units of there own. And then I thought of this, IF Logan, Ragnar and Ulric where in the same unit with Bjorn close bye and they needed to shift somthing, they could do this:
altogether they have 12 attacks +2 for Ragnars and Ulrics 2CCW's
Ragnar grants +2A's on the charge
Logan grants +1A for everyone in 12" for his howl
Ulric grants +1A for everyone with in 2D6 for his holy relic (the wolf helm)
If they do all these then this will give them, on the charge,
26 Str 5 PW A hitting on 3+ at I5 (OMG!!!!?!) and then providing Bjorn is close enough, a further 6 Str10, most likely hitting on a 3+, at I4
now if there is anything short of a Titan or a Superheavy vehicle then let me know.

Edited by LordHowlandGreywolf, 19 July 2008 - 08:09 PM.

If you talk about your gaming life, no matter how carfully you phrase it, you are etheir going to imerge as a liar, a braggart or a fool.

PhilCarnage

PhilCarnage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
cheese on a stick.

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,586 posts
Your idea is sick, legal, but sick. I like it. I would not use it but i like it.

I´ve made me my own wolfy version of the Masters of the Chapter.
Logan Grimnar = Chapter Master
Ulrik the Slayer = Father of the Whelps (Master of Recruits)
Rune Priest = Guardian of the Fang (Master of the Watch)
Iron Priest = Master of the Island of Iron (Master of the Arsenal)
Wolf Guard Battle Leader = Pack Leader of the Fleet (Master of the Fleet)
4 WG Terminators as retinue

Not that strong then your idea but more then enough. It´s a shame that GW had not included Njal Stormcaller in the 3rd Ed ´dex. If they had i would use him as my Guardian of the Fang.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Leonaides

Leonaides

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,839 posts
Predator Annihalator with lascannon sponsons = dead SW heroes.

"most gamers (especially ones who frequent forums) are idiots of one form or another" Great Crusade 08

LPC 2009 LPC 2010  LPC 2011 LPC 2012 LPC 2013 ETL VII LPC 20 
gallery_19254_8784_1046.gifgallery_19254_8784_3201.gif gallery_19254_8784_3710.gifgallery_19254_8523_59626.jpggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

Lord Howland Greywolf

Lord Howland Greywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
@Leonaides

not quite true, each has a 4+inv and Bjorn would have hard to kill, so there. :P
If you talk about your gaming life, no matter how carfully you phrase it, you are etheir going to imerge as a liar, a braggart or a fool.

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
this isnt really cheesy, it's just masters of the chapter....kinda. Sub out bjorn for, as dark bjorn said, an iron priest or thereabouts, and yeah, it's masters of the chapter. People use it all the time. IMO tho, MotC is, in and of itself, cheese
Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.

Wolf Brother Kei

Wolf Brother Kei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
i don't think this is cheese, after all it'll be in apocalypse..... games in apocalypse are more to play for fun rather than to win....

as i see it....... this could be a very fun formation to play with

Edited by Wolf Brother Kei, 20 July 2008 - 12:36 AM.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
Sounds like it would be fun to play with in apoc.

As for dark B. I never really liked Njal, he always died like early on in 2nd usually by the first turn, then again, psychers were never my forte :P
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

The God Emperor

The God Emperor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
LOLS!!!!

I gotta test this out on my unfortunate opponent. Sick idea but sweet and cheesy at the same time.....;)

Even with free upgrades and made a scoring unit, the Tactical Squad still is the "unwanted stepchild" of the Space Marine army.

if Ragnar gets a new model he will be made of Beard, Cheese and Frostblade.

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,241 posts
yeah in apoc it would be great with a squad of wolf gaurd. The nilla marines have masters of the chapter
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

kanaellars

kanaellars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts

Your idea is sick, legal, but sick. I like it. I would not use it but i like it.

Not that strong then your idea but more then enough. It´s a shame that GW had not included Njal Stormcaller in the 3rd Ed ´dex. If they had i would use him as my Guardian of the Fang.

My Masters of the Chapter:

The Old Wulf (Chapter Master) = Logan Grinmar
Packmaster (Master of the Watch) = Ragnar Blackmane
Father of the Whelps (Master of Recruits) = Ulrik the Slayer
Guardian of the Fang (Master of the Arsenal) = Bjorn the Fell-Handed (Ven Dred)
Stormcaller of the Fleet (Master of the Fleet) = Njal Stormcaller (Rune Priest with appropriate wargear)

Put these 5 in with an honor guard of Wolf Guard and they SHRED things in Apoc games...
For Russ! For the Wolftime! My wolves stand ready.

major_kittens

major_kittens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
I see all these with ulric and ragnar, can you really use them?

In the apoc book is says that each master uses rules for a space marine commander or equivalent, that leads me to believe that space wolf masters would be WGBLs. It would be nice to use 3 special characters, but is it legal? I would really like to know...

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
You can use all 3, there is no rules against it, as long as your opponent doesn't have objections to it, and frankly they really shouldn't have a problem with it, the points are fair and you pay for exactly what you're getting.
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Bullet_magnet

Bullet_magnet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts
Major_Kittens you use a Wolf Lord as that is technically the "equivalent" INMO at least... It is Apoc so I don't see why you couldn't use 3 special characters. While there are those who cry out when you say "I am using a Rune Priest for the recruits" I am of the opinion that because of our fluff and organization we can get away with stuff like that, but whatever. If you and your opponent are cool with it I can't see why you can't use 3+ special characters in the unit but yes technically it does say 4 captains or equivalent on the Datasheet.

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,503 posts

I like the sound of this formation. Space wolves do not really fit with masters of the chapter as there is no such thing as the scout company. It is stylish and it only seems fair that we can use something akin to masers of the chapter that fits in with our fluff as we know wolf priests look after the inititates.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts

My Masters of the Chapter:

The Old Wulf (Chapter Master) = Logan Grinmar
Packmaster (Master of the Watch) = Ragnar Blackmane
Father of the Whelps (Master of Recruits) = Ulrik the Slayer
Guardian of the Fang (Master of the Arsenal) = Bjorn the Fell-Handed (Ven Dred)
Stormcaller of the Fleet (Master of the Fleet) = Njal Stormcaller (Rune Priest with appropriate wargear)

Put these 5 in with an honor guard of Wolf Guard and they SHRED things in Apoc games...

Since when can a vendread join an unit of infantry? I think you would have to sub out bjorn for something else like another character model.
Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.

Lord Howland Greywolf

Lord Howland Greywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
Well Bjorn isnt actually attached to the squad, he just runs close to it so that he may gain the abilities of the charicters.