Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Dark Wolves

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Most, probably all, of you don't know me. I've been a Space Wolves player since about 2002 and before that I played Eldar. I choose the wolves because I really enjoy the background they have and the influences that Games-Workshop used while creating the Space Wolves. Anyway, since the new Chaos Codex came out I've been interested in maybe starting a Chaos army but never really wanted to let my puppies go. With all this talk of Skyrar's Dark Wolves and the new White Dwarf having a unit of Space Wolves in the Red Corsairs, I've decided to start making my own version of Dark Wolves. Well, without any further delay, here are a few pictures of what I have so far.

Posted Image
http://i352.photobuc...ero/wolves1.jpg

Posted Image
http://i352.photobuc...ero/wolves2.jpg

Posted Image
http://i352.photobuc...ero/wolves3.jpg

Posted Image
http://i352.photobuc...ero/wolves4.jpg

Posted Image
http://i352.photobuc...ero/wolves5.jpg

Edited by foolishzero, 24 July 2008 - 12:24 PM.

It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.

Gunnar Hamundarson

Gunnar Hamundarson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
Very nice work (you blasphemous heretic, you! :huh: )
Wolf Priest Gunnar Hamundarson

Gizur the sorceror looked up at him and asked, "Is Gunnar at camp?"
"That's for you to find out," replied Thorgrim, Champion of Khorne. "But I can tell you that his Crozius Lupine certainly is." And with that he fell over dead.

The Last Words of Thorgrim of Khorne paraphrased from Njal's Saga, 77

QUOTE (Brother Ramses @ May 8 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going to far would be me saying every time the Space Wolves go to battle with the Sisters of Battle as our allies, there tends to be a fair amount of ass sniffing.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
They look exactly like my 13th company ^_^ .

Where did you get those heads from? They seem familiar but I'm not quite sure, forgeworld? another GW game? older 40k set? :ermm:

It even looks like you shaved off the 8 pointed stars off the belts, which if they're "dark wolves" then you could just keep them on, unless you plan to use them for both chaos and SW's then it doesn't matter. ;)

I'm having mixed feelings about weather to start up chaos again myself, the choice would be between 1k sons or plague marines. Now you just added "chaos space wolves" to the list ^_^ .

On a side note, this makes me wonder about DA and the fallen, if space wolves got info about their fallen, you better believe we'd pull out in a heartbeat and come with the fury of 10x that of those robe wearing angels :evil: .

I'd love to have a model such as a "cypher" if you will too. :huh:
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
oohhh, I like those heads :), where ya pull those from? The running poses are nice to, makes me feel like remaking my B.Claws!!

As Wolf said, these planned to acctually be a Chaos army?

:P oh god... now your giving me crazy ideas (Beef, if you read this, remember the Zilla'Nid rules I came up with for those huge Wulfen you made up??)... If GW really screws with our 'dex, I'll switch to using chaos marine rules... for a "13th Company" chapter... crap... now I need a CSM 'dex :)

Problem would be tournaments :)

"These wulfen use the rules for khorne beserkers dammit!!" "They don't look like Khorne beserkers!" "LOOK, they have little pieces of beserker armour on them and everything!!!" "Yes but the rest of the armour looks like loyalist marine armour...." "They're Khorne beserkers in disguise!!" "Thats not WYSIWYG..." :P
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
OATHBREAKER's arent worthy to speak amongst the son's of Russ here at the FANG :)

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

FuriousFerret

FuriousFerret

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 629 posts

Most, probably all, of you don't know me. I've been a Space Wolves player since about 2002 and before that I played Eldar. I choose the wolves because I really enjoy the background they have and the influences that Games-Workshop used while creating the Space Wolves. Anyway, since the new Chaos Codex came out I've been interested in maybe starting a Chaos army but never really wanted to let my puppies go. With all this talk of Skyrar's Dark Wolves and the new White Dwarf having a unit of Space Wolves in the Red Corsairs, I've decided to start making my own version of Dark Wolves. Well, without any further delay, here are a few pictures of what I have so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't see the pictures? :(

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
The heads are from the Empire Flagellant Warband for Warhammer Fantasy. I picked them up a couple set on eBay for like $3.00. I actually used the Khorne Berzerkers models for this first set of miniatures and I didn't want to keep the Khorne symbol on them so I shaved it off.

On a side note. I actually plan on using this army as more of a rebellious Space Wolves army then a full out Chaos army. I figure I could end up using them as which ever I wanted depending on the game that I play, or the partner I might have at the time (It always bugged me when I play teams with friends and I would have to help out Chaos or Orks).

Anyway, the photos are down for some reason, I tried to put them on another site but they all seem to be up for maintenance.
It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

Problem would be tournaments ;)

"These wulfen use the rules for khorne beserkers dammit!!" "They don't look like Khorne beserkers!" "LOOK, they have little pieces of beserker armour on them and everything!!!" "Yes but the rest of the armour looks like loyalist marine armour...." "They're Khorne beserkers in disguise!!" "Thats not WYSIWYG..." :evil:

Sorry for the double post.

Actually I was thinking the same thing in some ways but I was thinking more along the lines that Blood Claws would make excellent model to use as Khorne Berserkers. It wouldn't be hard for tournaments. All you would have to say is, the models running are bersekers and that follows WYSIWYG perfectly.

I actually bought and I'm waiting for the new muzzle flashes that Armorcast just started producing. I thought it would look nice seeing a bunch of models running around just unloading there clips as there running. Seems like something a Space Wolf and a Berserker would do.

jester262

jester262

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 611 posts
if your using the chaos codex shouldn't this be in the chaos ascendant forum? Besides <grabs bolter> all heratics must die! ;)
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."

Bullet_magnet

Bullet_magnet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 76 posts
LOL great models it makes me want to do some 13th company guys like that! <Cocks bolter menacingly> heretic! :evil: ;)

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
As said before they look like mine (and most others) 13th companies as each model should have some chaos armor on it. So I don't see any problem with you using these as normal space wolves, or chaos whatever it calls for... if you use them as chaos though I'd have to stop doing whatever I am at the time and hunt down your fallen wolves! :P

Did you also have a hard time getting those chaos back packs on to that loyalist armor as much as I did? I had to shave so much stuff off here and there to get things to fit right. <_<

I suggest painting them codex grey, if not you could paint them a more red color for bezerkers, and just use a variant SW chapter that fights a lot of chaos. ;)

The key is letting your opponent know your fluff and the reasons why your army looks like a half chaos, half SW army, if you don't then they'll think you don't know the story lines of the 40k universe and dock you because people are @$$es like that. <_<
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Ranek Icewalker

Ranek Icewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
That sir is a very nice looking version of herecy..... :) for herecy that is......and for loyalist armies too..
I know what your thinking, but no I can't walk on ice.

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
There is so much more I want to do with these guys that I'm kind of excited about the ideas running through my head. I want to write a small background story about them or something along those lines and I was thinking of a name for them too. The color scheme I was gonna use was a dark gray (50/50 codex gray, chaos black) and a dark red. Because of that I was thinking of calling them the Red Wolves or maybe the Blood Wolves. Something other then Dark or Chaos Wolves, but I want to keep it simple. Any suggestions?

I understand some of you are saying that this should be in the chaos thread but I disagree. This is about Space Wolves. I am just making a company that, like many, have recanted their oaths. And simply... I wanted to make it so I can play my Space Wolves as Imperium or Chaos. I'm greedy like that ;)

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Nice models, great conversion works. I think you should consider 13th Company, but since you've chosen your side Oathbreaker, we now all know the models to look for if ever we come across on the battle field haha. Tis a shame, your kind will soon be extinct... if not by my blade, but those of my wolf brothers here at the FANG. OATHBREAKER's arent worthy to speak nor stand amongst the son's of Russ here at the FANG! ;) you may get a warmer welcome at the chaos forum here, but not from me LOL jk.

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
Nice! :lol:
For the Wolftime, praise Russ!

In Russ we trust, all others kiss my axe.

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Here is one that I am just having fun with. Plan to have a full unit of bikes. Going to be expensive :(
Still a work in progress but here is what I have so far.
Posted Image
http://i352.photobuc...ero/wolves6.jpg

Edited by foolishzero, 25 July 2008 - 01:46 AM.

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

This is about Space Wolves. I am just making a company that, like many, have recanted their oaths.

Ok, now to that, I have to say no :D

Saying that "...like many, have recanted their oaths." makes it sound like SW regularly pack up and decide to go rogue... which is just 100% wrong. Write a line like that in your fluff and my Chapter (and probably at least Maverik's :P) will be hunting you down and exterminating your chapter to the last man, for even suggesting that SW are regular Oath Breakers :D . Having a 13th Co. theme to your chapter is one thing, but 13th Co. never recanted they're Oaths, and as far as they're concerned they're still loyalists and sons of Russ!!
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."

Brother Gabe

Brother Gabe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
Even though the models look good... us space wolves would never turn and fight for the enemy, the though of that makes me want to kill a walrus. U oathbreakers and heritics shall have beer rations from here on! (im looking at you, foolishzero)

Edited by Brother Gabe, 25 July 2008 - 04:43 AM.

Folk Metal FTW

alok_horgrim

alok_horgrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
hey how about instead of saying they are rouge SW use the chaos rule for 13th company it's all there.
chaos lord=13thWolf Lord
sorcerer = rune priest
chosen = storm claws
possessed = wulfen
chaos marines = grey slayers
ect. ect.
only restriction is no terminators, tanks, deamons, raptors, or obliterators and absolutely no god specific marine squads or chaos icons/marks
QUOTE(The_Chaplain @ May 9 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
'fraid not-- she'll get back up, like the freaky zombie-saint she is.

on the subject of st. celestine

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
Cool how u used te full ork bike
I just used the front end ;)
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Where can I find all the rules for 13th Company? I know the Eye of Terror book has them but a personal friend also says the rules were updated in a White Dwarf issue. Is this correct? What issue is that?

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

Where can I find all the rules for 13th Company? I know the Eye of Terror book has them but a personal friend also says the rules were updated in a White Dwarf issue. Is this correct? What issue is that?

No, they weren't updated in a WD (I wish maybe then I'd get to play my 13th company again <_< ) but there used to be a link on the GW sites for the EoT codex in a pdf file. I don't believe it's there anymore, so if you don't already have the codex or the pdf you're probably out of luck :)

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
Ebay is your friend :P. I just wish I'd had a bit more money spare last month when a guy in Perth was ditching his whole collection!! :D

Antarticus

Antarticus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts
Verrrry nice!
Pretty much exactly what i'm trying to do too.

I want to see pics once it's painted!
Matt