Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Wolves background

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Wulfkry

Wulfkry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
Is there any background information on the Dark wolves? Just wondering sinice is is probably the first form of heretic space wolves that GW has done.
"You strive for Victory that is obvious. What may be less obvious is the nature of victory. There are circumstances in which you can destroy the enemey utterly, without loss to your own forces, and yet the victory will be his. In all situations, you must first decide on the nature of victory, and then take steps to secure it. Avoid the instinct to fight first and think later."

Corrin Storm Fox

Corrin Storm Fox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
I like that it is kept open. It lets us imagine. For example, 3 characters that I thought up are blood brothers. One of them turned against the chapter and went with the Dark Wolves
Night Lords: 2000

Raven Guard: ~1000

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
There is a story in the new Chaos Space Marines Codex about the Huron Blackheart, and his Red Corsairs, and how they capture a Space Wolf ship. It mentions how after a few short hours the Red Corsairs looked to be in control of the ship except for one area where the Space Wolves mounted a well fortified defense. When the wolves finally thought they were going to be able to start an advance and take back there ship, brothers turned on each other, and from that the Dark Wolves were born. Huron excepted the Dark Wolves into the Red Corsairs and they now pilot the Wolf of Fenris pirate ship.
It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
ALL LIES.
For the Wolftime, praise Russ!

In Russ we trust, all others kiss my axe.

The God Emperor

The God Emperor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
THEY ARE WORDS OF THE HERETIC AND IT MUST BE BURN TO A CINDER AT THE STAKE BUT THESE WORDS ARE TRUE NONETHELESS.

It is true the a few misguided disloyal few betrayed their Wolf brothers but it was only a small number. The rest of the ship, the Wolves crew and their free will thralls picked up arms and rallied against the intruders. Huron did not take our ship with light casualties, I like to think that he suffered quite a few.

Huron must be hunted down and be killed, actually, he is killed in my book of "The Dead Bastards".

Edited by The God Emperor, 27 July 2008 - 01:18 PM.

Even with free upgrades and made a scoring unit, the Tactical Squad still is the "unwanted stepchild" of the Space Marine army.

if Ragnar gets a new model he will be made of Beard, Cheese and Frostblade.

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
The wolves did not turn traitor. Huron stole Wolf geneseed and made chaos space wolves. Then he wrote the books saying that wolves turned traitor. After all, who else is there to contest his story?

Antarticus

Antarticus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

The rest of the ship, the Wolves crew and their free will thralls picked up arms and rallied against the intruders.

Yep. And they all died ... didn't even manage to blow up the ship to keep it from falling into enemy hands. Failures, I tell you. Failures all of them! :D
Matt

Bran Scalphunter

Bran Scalphunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

The rest of the ship, the Wolves crew and their free will thralls picked up arms and rallied against the intruders.

Yep. And they all died ... didn't even manage to blow up the ship to keep it from falling into enemy hands. Failures, I tell you. Failures all of them! :P

Well, the idea is to save the ship if at all possible ya know... if those dirty traitor scum hadn't gone to Huron, the Wolves would have been able to take back the ship and therefore save a whole lot of material and money in repairing the ship instead of finding a new one.

By the way, that's all hypothetical as ALL OF THIS IS LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but my Exterminatussock works even better!
QUOTE (Grey Mage @ Apr 18 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But your crazy enough to have been recovered from the warp... and I like you for that.

The God Emperor

The God Emperor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
I betcha any money that those Wovles fought harder than the other group of Wolves. Instead of telling the truth that these men fought and died a honourable death, laying dead beneath mounds of traitorous corpses. Huron degraded them by saying that they betrayed their comrades.

LIES, ALL LIES PERPETRATED BY HURON.

Even with free upgrades and made a scoring unit, the Tactical Squad still is the "unwanted stepchild" of the Space Marine army.

if Ragnar gets a new model he will be made of Beard, Cheese and Frostblade.

Antarticus

Antarticus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

Well, the idea is to save the ship if at all possible ya know... if those dirty traitor scum hadn't gone to Huron, the Wolves would have been able to take back the ship and therefore save a whole lot of material and money in repairing the ship instead of finding a new one.

They should've known you can't find Chaos. It's in all of us.
Sometimes, at night, when it's quiet, you can hear it whispering a your soul ... "Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoos! Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooos!"

:evil:
Matt

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
Well all that proves that it is dangerous to listen to voices inside your soul, even in the 41th millineum

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Zeke160

Zeke160

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts
I thought the wulfen made it impossible for the wolves to turn to chaos? Isn't that why there is a 13th company in the eye of terror, fighting chaos in it's heart? In the ragnar books it talks about how the wulfen inside acts as a sort of protection against chaos. Oh and Huron is chaos, he is not capable of admitting how bady he was beaten and just took their armor and says they turned.

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
Exactly! There are only two states in which a Space Wolf can exist - Wulfen or Space Wolf. Period.

The emperors chosen

The emperors chosen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
huron had help from the dark Angels, who stole space wolf armor and gene seed, and gave it to teh red corsairs, burn the little :( pansies!

Edited by The emperors chosen, 11 August 2008 - 03:27 PM.

QUOTE (Big King Bob @ Apr 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finds a lab? with computers? accesses the sum total of human knowledge up to the DAOT?
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!!! DAMN YOU!!!

QUOTE (maligncomedy @ Oct 4 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Lord of Change had spoketh, "Make up with the Wolves, young sorceror, for their codex will destroy ye soulless arses, thanks to the blasphemy that is Phil Kelly", and then it was done.

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it." -Captain Kayvaan Shrike, third company, Raven Guard
QUOTE (Thantoes @ Mar 8 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im all for sculpted torsos but really.....Nipples????