Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

13th company

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Dr.acula

Dr.acula

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
howdy as ive said in other topics im new to B&C and ive just taken UP building a few guys of the 13th just wanted other peoples opinions on them, and some basic info from the experienced that use them + can u still even buy the models, also if possible could u tell me their basic rules like where they differ from the normal space wolves codex.

Haegr

Haegr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
Ive heard (and seen) that the 13th co. are only able to be bought from the UK due to limited boxes (of range etc....) and such, but i wouldnt mind getting some Wulfen (awesome looking people) and making a small 13th co. Kill team :P
5th Edition With The Wolves:
17 Wins, 3 Tie, 8 Losses

Hold The Line! You Will Not Fear! You Will Not Faulter! You Will Not Let These Foul Xenos Gain Ground!

(or Mighty Haegr will thrash you all, and consume your ale/mead)

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
The models (exept wulfen) are normal marines with some CHaos parts thrown in, there no longer for sale in GW stores but some local non GW stores might have them, I know my store still has 5 or more boxes standing around, and even wulfen

Edited by Max_Dammit, 25 July 2008 - 06:42 AM.

Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dr.acula

Dr.acula

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
thats sucks i doubt i can get the the netherlands back in time to go to school let alone pay for postage halfway across the world. lol ;)

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
Just get a box of chaos and a box of BC an grayhunters and you got 30 13th marines

Edited by Max_Dammit, 25 July 2008 - 07:04 AM.

Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
I'd wait to see if 13th Co. has being incorporated into the new 'dex, as if they have been, there'll be some mad new wulfen models ;)
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
I used a box of khorne bezerkers, and a box of grey hunters, (this made my grey slayers unit) bolter in one hand, CCW in the other.

Use the cool running legs for some models, shave off the "horns" off some of the khorne heads, shave off any 8 pointed stars and khorne markings and you're set.

If my camera didn't suck I'd show you mine, but it does suck, so nothing I can do. :D

I've still got a whole khorne army that I'm about 99.9999% sure I'll never play again, (only chaos I'll play now is death guard or 1k sons) so I'll be converting a LOT more wolves to the 13th company style and make a divergent list of SW's until the new codex comes out where 13th company will hopefully be included.

My advice for you would be use khorne bezerker set rather than CSM set because you get more items to work with (12 in a box set opposed to 10), the chain axes are AMAZING cool and can be used in your normal space wolves (I know I do :( ) and who doesn't think running legs are just the coolest. :wink:
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Ranek Icewalker

Ranek Icewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
I found that at store that tend not to get many 40k customers......like D&J hobby, you can find wulfen or other old models....I got 20 metal wulfen and I entered 5 in the 5th ed GW release weekend squad painting competition and I placed 3rd not to brag or anything, but I lost to 2 guys who have been playing since 2nd edition, but not my point, you can find them in general hobby stores.....sometimes, and they will be buried in the back, so look in places that are hobby stores, but not specifically for 40k and still have 40k stuff and ask if they have wulfen
I know what your thinking, but no I can't walk on ice.

Valdrog

Valdrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
I hope they bring back the 13th company, i have like 10 wulfen and lots of marines converted for it. Their rules are pretty damn cool.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
Yes, I too hope they bring them back because I have 45 Fenrisian wolves along with many marines that seem like they enjoy wearing chaos armor more ^_^

Also, I enjoy the fluff, and it's the closest I can get to "evilness" without playing chaos, I mean they're just THE and I mean THE most feral, the most HtH oriented and most strongest of ALL Marines, both loyal and non-loyal, and the best part is, they're on our side B)
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
I never acctually got into collecting them, but I've always loved they're background, and proxied a few games with them. I LOVE fenris wolf packs and Khorne blood rage B)...

... an entire army, trapped in it's own deployment zone turn 1 because its to busy raging at the wolves to do anything else :P... and then the rest of the 13th Co. gets there ^_^. If they do include them in the new 'dex, I'll definately be getting at least 2000pt worth of 13th Co. to add to my Space Wolf forces :)
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
I just took out my Khorne army today and sold all the rhinos, defiler and land raider, then chopped up all the bezerkers (I'm pretty sure it was 42) and they're now being turned into 2-3 grey slayer squads and 1-2 storm claw squads, and some bits going on some bikes, Khorne is the best way to make 13th company marines. :D

Dr.acula

Dr.acula

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
I do believe khorne make good 13th conversions but then again just about any chaos marine part does, but to the other part of wulven i hope they do add 13th into the new dex and make some plastic wulven although i cant wait untill they do i wouldnt mind if they did in fact id welcome some more plastic models at the right price lol ;)

wiplash

wiplash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,284 posts
lol i use chaos beserkers as my bloodclaws! minus the chaos symbols and some iconography
but they dont make 13th comp any more so whats left is what they have! which isnt much :)

5th ed SW : 19/4/1 (W/D/L)
6th ed SW : 0/0/1 (W/D/L)

Dr.acula

Dr.acula

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
dammit that sucks big time. they better start remaking them or else lol