Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Great Company

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Valdrog

Valdrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Hello evryone, ive been working for a while now on my own Great Company, and im even making a codex to go with it , with characters and evrything. Just wanted to get some opinions on how is looking so far. Thanks.
Here is the link to it. Im gonna have to make some changes to it now that the Traits are gone :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/?momun3sbtm1

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
That's a real good job. I'd change my names from Apothecary to Wolf Priest, Librarian to Rune PRiest, etc.

But I'm diggin it.
For the Wolftime, praise Russ!

In Russ we trust, all others kiss my axe.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
Apothecary is more like a Wolf guard with healing potions and balms, but Wolf priest is the closest thing we got to it, but apothecaries have only 1 wound :lol: .

As for the traits I think they're dead on, I'm not digging the ultra smurf picture on the one page, but I can understand it's still a WIP ;)

Don't forget though, the space marine dex comes out soon, and they'll be reworking the whole trait system and possibly get rid of it unless you take a special character from that army (ie Lysander, shrike, etc.) so you might get disappointed and this whole codex you're working so hard on might not be viable anymore.

Don't let this get to you though, it still might not change, either way, nice work :)
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,586 posts
Good Work, Brother.
By the way, Welcome to the Fang.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Valdrog

Valdrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Thanks for the comments guys! I want to have it finnished and printed in Codex quality paper and in color, the ultimate goal is to actually transfer all the information from the Codex ( warger and all ) to my book and use it as my Codex. Some of the pictures are not SW pics, but is so hard to find good SW pictures, is Smurf marines evrywhere ... :D

I do have to change some of the names to their SW equivalent. For my wolf lord i want to use that space mrine terminator model that has a shield and a long spear ( is a special char, forgot the name ) and convert him to be my wolf lord since the weapon i made for him in his story is like a spear.

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
Just throwing this out there since it looks to be a direct off-shoot of the Space Wolves...Space Wolves don't go through the Scout "ranks" early in their careers like other Space Marine Chapters do...they start off as Aspirants (which is their training/weeding out period) when they pass all the tests they become full Space Marines of the Space Wolf Chapter as Blood Claws...then go on to Grey Hunter, etc....I think you might change the Chapter Master's bio if this Chapter is indeed using the same organizational structure as the Space Wolves. Then again you could be having the structure modeled after a Codex structure in which case....brilliant =D
For Russ and the All Father!!!

foolishzero

foolishzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts

Just throwing this out there since it looks to be a direct off-shoot of the Space Wolves...Space Wolves don't go through the Scout "ranks" early in their careers like other Space Marine Chapters do...they start off as Aspirants (which is their training/weeding out period) when they pass all the tests they become full Space Marines of the Space Wolf Chapter as Blood Claws...then go on to Grey Hunter, etc....I think you might change the Chapter Master's bio if this Chapter is indeed using the same organizational structure as the Space Wolves. Then again you could be having the structure modeled after a Codex structure in which case....brilliant =D

I always found that funny that the Space Wolves scouts are the elite and older brothers but the models for them make them look like clean shaven recruits.

Anyway, nice job I like it a lot. You should come up with special troop choices or something for it.
It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.

The God Emperor

The God Emperor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
*scratches head* Heresy and blasphemy. Why do they sound so vanilla?? Battle Companies? Tactical Squads? Assault Squads? Devastator squads? Veteran squads? Terminator squads? Are you even familiar with the wolves and their structures?. (No offence meant but what the eff?)

The rest are nice but there is nothing that screams "Space Wolves!!!!!!!" apart from using "The Fang, Fenris etc."

Even with free upgrades and made a scoring unit, the Tactical Squad still is the "unwanted stepchild" of the Space Marine army.

if Ragnar gets a new model he will be made of Beard, Cheese and Frostblade.

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,503 posts
Yeah. This is an entire chapter and it is not based on wolf organisation as they do not have a scout or veteran company, each company has its own scouts and veterans. But you are building a different chapter so really they are not wolves but they could be a second founding chapter that has changed its organisation.

Good work brother
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
Well really it depends on if they recognize our blessed Russ as their Primarch, if they do then they would follow his teachings and therefor organizational structures of the Space Wolves unless there is a reason given that they follow the Codex Astartes rather than the teachings of Russ. Our blessed Primarch stressed independence from the Codex and more of a wolf pack mentality so there would need to be a story or reason given from the departure of his teachings and reaplication of the Codex as the rule.
For Russ and the All Father!!!

Valdrog

Valdrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Could someone point me to a link where the Space Wolf great company organization chart is explained and broken down as detailed as it is in The Space Marine codex ? I did it based on the Space marine codex because of the detail that it had, and it was really meant to be a "Second founding" chapter, not a Great Company. Sorry about the missunderstanding on the tittle : )

Glad so many of you guys like it, is a good incentive to finnish the thing, i think i may wait untill the new Codex comes out, since i want to include all the wargears and stuff.

Will the new Space Marine codex make our Space Wolf codex obsolete and illegal to use ?

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,503 posts

Could someone point me to a link where the Space Wolf great company organization chart is explained and broken down as detailed as it is in The Space Marine codex ?
Glad so many of you guys like it, is a good incentive to finnish the thing, i think i may wait untill the new Codex comes out, since i want to include all the wargears and stuff.

Will the new Space Marine codex make our Space Wolf codex obsolete and illegal to use ?

The Space Wolves have a more anarchaic organisation. Each company is made upof different warriors, Blood Claws, Grey Hunters, Long Fangs, Scouts and Wolf Guard. They do not have dedicated companies to replace casulties. Casulties are replaced by Blood claws which just mill around in the Fang until a company needs them. Each company is its own fighting force so you can take pretty much what you want. If you look at my thread Ragnar's company composition, it will give you an insight into what I feel his company comprises of. It will most likely be different to someone else's company but I see his company as having a high percentage of blood claws as he leads many dangerous raids. he main idea is to create what you want to have. Just remember priests and support weapons come from a "pool". The new space marine codex will not make our codex obsolete per se but any changes to weapons and entries need to be adhered to until our codex comes out around December (If my iside source is correct and not trying to placate me, I suppose I did threaten to carve the blood eagle into his back.)

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,503 posts
BTW Valdrog, are you intending to create this chapter? If you are it's gonna cost a hell of a lot. I ws thinking of creating the Space Wolf chapter but then realised that Space Marine battle companies would not fit. Also there is an entire company of priests to purchase. 30 odd Iron priests? Forget it!