Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iowa, USA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Americanzero

Americanzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
looking for a gaming group/group of players in central IA, as in Des Moines/Ankeny...i have the disconcerting feeling that im the only one on here from this area!

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts

looking for a gaming group/group of players in central IA, as in Des Moines/Ankeny...i have the disconcerting feeling that im the only one on here from this area!

im in the CB/omaha region...but still a ways away
The answer is on the floor -Shihan John Roseberry

Americanzero

Americanzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
yeah, thats a few hour drive, i believe...i know there are people that play around here, just havent met any of em...tomorrow(Sunday) im going to a store to play for a bit, so i hope to meet a few peeps

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts

yeah, thats a few hour drive, i believe...i know there are people that play around here, just havent met any of em...tomorrow(Sunday) im going to a store to play for a bit, so i hope to meet a few peeps

well if you need a game, we can meet halfway maybe (my great grandma lived in anita iowa, and now her house just sits there, so we could meet there) hopfully cut down on some gas and driving time.

JesterUSMC

JesterUSMC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Nope, you aren't. There are organized games at Mayhem Collectibles in Clive every Tuesday night starting at 5 pm. From what I have read at the store, its for new gamers or those starting different armies.

Jester

Americanzero

Americanzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
aye, but that is a ways away...something on the order of 20 miles, and i only have a ride sometimes on the weekends..

Xeno Skum

Xeno Skum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts
I live in south west iowa :blush:

here's my Email....give feedback

Let The Imperial Guard have there camouflage... for us, the Emperor's finest, have out faith and our bolters!!

blackblade68

blackblade68

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
Looking for players in the burlington/muscatine area! It's a 30 minute drive either way. Let me know!
Grrrr...

Void Stalkers

Void Stalkers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 142 posts
Theres a few of us down near sioux city, not sure how helpful that is but we are looking for other gaming groups to fight.

Edited by Void Stalkers, 27 May 2009 - 06:31 PM.

Where are my pants?

Rygoth

Rygoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
Used to be a pretty good group in Davenport that played at the game store in Moline. I moved about 3+ years ago, so not sure whether it's still there. Place was ran by a guy named Terry. Used to host 2 - 3 tournaments a year as well as weekly gaming.
I am Stupendous Man!
You are simply amazing, whether you are battling your arch-nemesis Mom Lady, the nefarious Babysitter Girl, or the fiendish Annoying Girl. And you have absolutely nothing to do with mild-mannered Calvin.

Which Calvin are YOU?

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts
any one around council bluffs? it's been years since i've actually got to play. any one who's interested let me know.

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts
have had time to drive like 20minutes to my local GS, any one in the south west iowa area, CB/Omaha sort of area looking for a game?
i'll be teaching my ex's little brother how to play soon too (he's 12) so i'd like to have a bit of a refresher game, instead of teaching and being all rusty.

Angel of the Emperor

Angel of the Emperor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
There is a club in des moines at jays cd and hobby on se 14th st on the south side.
QUOTE (teutogen @ Jun 5 2007, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Legend has it that when Captain Tycho died, a tear of pure distilled manliness ran down the cheek of Chuck Norris.

QUOTE (IronKobra @ Mar 18 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can imagine the chaos hordes looking above them like...'Holy **** it's Sanguinius returned to smite us!'

'Erm, wait, it's not...'

'No, but these guys will smite us good and proper too!'

Josh the Senior

Josh the Senior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

Theres a few of us down near sioux city, not sure how helpful that is but we are looking for other gaming groups to fight.

Our group meets in Sioux City every sunday night. Plus most of the guys are active in MAGE (midwest area gaming enthusists) running 2 cons a year at the marina inn in south sioux city.

Game group.. Paper Street Products
games.. all gw plus hundreds of boardgames, card games, and in the past collectible mini:s games.

Edited by Josh the Senior, 18 May 2010 - 01:15 AM.

Shadow Nugz

Shadow Nugz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
Hey I'm in Lemars just so ya know lol

So... Sioux City guy, wanna talk about hanging out, getting some games going? Mayb if we talked to the guys at Acme they could be talked into being a FLGS instead of a CLGS jk

Edited by Shadow Nugz, 29 June 2010 - 12:46 PM.

Tannarak

Tannarak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

Used to be a pretty good group in Davenport that played at the game store in Moline. I moved about 3+ years ago, so not sure whether it's still there. Place was ran by a guy named Terry. Used to host 2 - 3 tournaments a year as well as weekly gaming.

As Rygoth said, our group still exists however, Terry's store no longer does. We have moved to another store in Davenport, IA called Games +1. The owner allows us to bring our stuff there to play. We typically play 1850 point games on Thursdays from 6:30 - 9 pm. We have around 10+ members and most members have 3+ armies.

plaguereaper

plaguereaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts
Just throwing it out there, I am living in Iowa City going to Kirkwood, and I haven't found a group to play with.
Currently I have not played a game yet (a couple practice ones with my brother) although I have been in the hobby for about 5 years. I think I know the rules fairly well.

I have a Crimson Fists army (about %75 painted) and a huge Nurgle army.

Contact me if you wanna play some time.
"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear"
-Lamb of God

I miss the good old days where a man would build a skyscraper with his bare hands just so you would stop hitting him with a shovel.
-Catbert (from Dilbert)

"Wow, I was eating spinach and this made me stop."

Tannarak

Tannarak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts
Plaguereaper,

You're about 45 - 60 minutes away from me. One of our members came from the Iowa City area. If I see him on our next gaming night and I remember to ask him, I'll ask him where his group met.

You can check and see if people still play at this place in Iowa City.

http://www.criticalhitgames.net/

Edited by Tannarak, 18 September 2011 - 03:02 AM.

Brother Captain Sanmartin

Brother Captain Sanmartin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

have had time to drive like 20minutes to my local GS, any one in the south west iowa area, CB/Omaha sort of area looking for a game?
i'll be teaching my ex's little brother how to play soon too (he's 12) so i'd like to have a bit of a refresher game, instead of teaching and being all rusty.

I live In Cb too, haven't played in years, but still collect. Go to Dragons Lair on Blondo in Omaha, or The Game Shoppe in Bellevue, someone is bound to want a game Sundays I think at Dragons Lair, the other I dont know. I haven't played since 3rd addition.

Kheotour

Kheotour

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
I am going to be moving to Iowa here in the next few weeks. I will probably be living in Sheldon. I am hoping there might be some sort of games around that area.. but I feel it might be wishful thinking.

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Might as well revive this thread. Checking in from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We've got a couple pretty active scenes here. I usually play at Tempest Games. Pickup games are available (especially on Friday. They're open later). If you're in town and looking for info, hit me up. 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

marshalzion

marshalzion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Looking to move Washington Iowa.. about 30 mins from Iowa City. Probably 2nd or 3rd Quarter next year.

Is there much in the way of gaming?

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Up here in Cedar Rapids, we have a couple pretty decent shops. It's about an hour and 15 minutes North of Washington. Iowa City may have a decent scene, but I don't get down there very often anymore. Great restaurants, though. ;) 

In CR, Tempest Games is my first choice. Lots of 1-day tournaments, extended campaigns, pick-up games on Fridays. They organize on FB a lot, so you can make sure you have a game before you head over. They've got a few peeps that regularly drive in from all over the place, though. Rich, the owner, is a pretty cool guy. The other store, First Turn Games, is decent but cater more to Warmachine and Magic than 40K/Fantasy. I've gamed there once or twice, and if you call ahead they can keep a table open for you.

Some day, I'd like to build a table at my house which is close to the freeway, and maybe start up a little group but who knows when that'll be.

HMU if you have any questions.  

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

marshalzion

marshalzion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 328 posts
Yea the idea of a games room is great... who knows may find a house with one. :)

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

I've wanted to build terrain ever since moving out of my parents' house in like 96. I finally have the chance to start it up again. :D