Arkansas, USA

Brother Krux

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, Not quite NWA, but I live just a little south of Tulsa in Broken Arrow (Oklahoma) I don't quite have an army yet, working on getting that started and trying to find out if any people play around where I live. We're not all that far off so I thought I'd mention it. Maybe once/if I get it going we can have a match or two =p. I gotta check some places around town to see if any hold tourneys and what not because there wouldn't be a point investing time and money in the models if there isn't anyone to play them against!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

In Central Arkansas, there is a game store in Jacksonville called Game Zone Alpha. They have several terrain boards to play on and are associated with the Centrals Arkansas Wargamers Society, who regularly do 40K and Fantasy tournaments at the store. Thursday nights there are usually regular games of 40K being played, and then Saturdays there are almost always at least a couple of games in progress. The store has a growing selection of GW's 40K and fantasy figures, paints, tools, etc. If you are in Arkansas and can get to Jacksonville, this is the place to go.

• 2 years later...

Hello, to all!

I just moved to KS. Gotta love the military. I was wondering if any of you fine gentleman know of a place nearby Fort Riley, KS. I have already checked the GW website and the places they have listed are either non-existant/run-down. If any one can help out I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Way back about ten years ago I could have told you the name of the game shop in Aggieville (downtown Manhattan). Now I couldn't even tell you if it's still there or not, but it's worth a visit to walk around, and if you can't find it there are some decent bars there...

In Topeka, which is maybe an hour drive from Fort Riley, there is a place called Gatekeeper that's been keeping T-town gamers happy since I was a teen.

http://www.gatekeeperhobbies.net/

Riley is kind of out there in the boonies. Good luck finding a place, and if you're ever up near Fort / Leavenworth and want a pick up game, drop me a line.

Thank you for your quick reply. I did stop by the one in aggieville today and boy it was run down. only had one table and one player that came in once a month. I will have to check out the one in Topeka. Thank you much for your thoughts and consideration.

I'm in Great Bend. We have a small community here. Salina has a decent sized community and they play at the Arena. I know Manhattan has a community, but as to what size and quality, I couldn't say.

• 3 months later...
I live in Lonoke, and I am looking for a good core of gamers to play with. I have an extensive Salamanders army, with some other goodies (FW Reaver and Warhound), as well as some IG and SoB. I'm currently doing maintenance on my army, and the titans need to be assembled, but if anyone wants to throw down, give me a holler.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was/is one in Ft. Smith called Warheads (River Valley Gaming), but I havn't had a chance to go there recently.

Most of the people used to play at Hobby Town USA since Pow! gaming closed it doors, was a sad day. I'd suggest going to Hobby Town on the weekend. I work every weekend, so it's hard to say what is exactly going on.

There was/is one in Ft. Smith called Warheads (River Valley Gaming), but I havn't had a chance to go there recently.

Most of the people used to play at Hobby Town USA since Pow! gaming closed it doors, was a sad day. I'd suggest going to Hobby Town on the weekend. I work every weekend, so it's hard to say what is exactly going on.

awesome, thanks. i should be moving out that way in the next 3-6 months.

• 10 months later...

This thread IS the Arkansas thread. When I got here there were two separate Arkansas and Kansas threads, and then someone merged them into one Arkansas thread, probably someone not in the US confused by the similarity of the names. I restarted the Kansas discussion with its own thread elsewhere.

• 9 months later...

Gamers Utopia in Rogers, Shannon moved back from Florida, so the gaming tables in the back are a bit cluttered, he'll fix that shortly.

I painted up the Citadel Modular table in an ash gray color to give a bit more life, sorry Warhammer Fantasy players... :P  I also talked to Shannon about getting some Frontline Gaming matts for the tables. Trying to liven it up a bit, I haven't played there yet but soon. I would like to get the 40K up and running there.

• 1 year later...