Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arkansas, USA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Brother Krux

Brother Krux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 172 posts
>>>removed due to change of location<<<

Edited by Brother Krux, 09 January 2009 - 11:27 PM.

QUOTE (Brother Krux @ Jul 29 2008, 12:14 PM) 
...historically though Righteous Zeal is not about getting across the table; it is about crushing Xenos scum-bags into muddy puddles of goo while praising the Emperor at the top of your lungs.

QUOTE (Sigismund Himself @ Jan 8 2009, 05:41 AM
Black Templars- getting the Emperor's Will done since M31...

QUOTE (Brother Vader @ Nov 6 2009, 04:06 PM) 
Brother Krux, you are a madman!

Herald Cicadymn

Herald Cicadymn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Hey, Not quite NWA, but I live just a little south of Tulsa in Broken Arrow (Oklahoma) I don't quite have an army yet, working on getting that started and trying to find out if any people play around where I live. We're not all that far off so I thought I'd mention it. Maybe once/if I get it going we can have a match or two =p. I gotta check some places around town to see if any hold tourneys and what not because there wouldn't be a point investing time and money in the models if there isn't anyone to play them against!

J_Vagabond

J_Vagabond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
Is there anyone on the B&C or anywhere that lives in Arkansas plays Warhammer 40k or possibly does the costuming and might want to meet up to do some or work on some?
Veritas Aequitas

Truth & Justice

Captain Sigmar

Captain Sigmar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
Hello,

In Central Arkansas, there is a game store in Jacksonville called Game Zone Alpha. They have several terrain boards to play on and are associated with the Centrals Arkansas Wargamers Society, who regularly do 40K and Fantasy tournaments at the store. Thursday nights there are usually regular games of 40K being played, and then Saturdays there are almost always at least a couple of games in progress. The store has a growing selection of GW's 40K and fantasy figures, paints, tools, etc. If you are in Arkansas and can get to Jacksonville, this is the place to go.

egon1six

egon1six

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
Hello, to all!

I just moved to KS. Gotta love the military. I was wondering if any of you fine gentleman know of a place nearby Fort Riley, KS. I have already checked the GW website and the places they have listed are either non-existant/run-down. If any one can help out I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

"Rise and shine it's Devil Dog Time!" http://www.bolterand...4_7317_2598.gif

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
Way back about ten years ago I could have told you the name of the game shop in Aggieville (downtown Manhattan). Now I couldn't even tell you if it's still there or not, but it's worth a visit to walk around, and if you can't find it there are some decent bars there...

In Topeka, which is maybe an hour drive from Fort Riley, there is a place called Gatekeeper that's been keeping T-town gamers happy since I was a teen.

http://www.gatekeeperhobbies.net/

Riley is kind of out there in the boonies. Good luck finding a place, and if you're ever up near Fort / Leavenworth and want a pick up game, drop me a line.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

egon1six

egon1six

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts
Thank you for your quick reply. I did stop by the one in aggieville today and boy it was run down. only had one table and one player that came in once a month. I will have to check out the one in Topeka. Thank you much for your thoughts and consideration.

"Rise and shine it's Devil Dog Time!" http://www.bolterand...4_7317_2598.gif

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
I'm in Great Bend. We have a small community here. Salina has a decent sized community and they play at the Arena. I know Manhattan has a community, but as to what size and quality, I couldn't say.

“I bring you the symphony of war, the bliss of ecstasy and the rapture of a pain-filled death to our enemies.” –Fulgrim, prior to the raid of Prismatica V
"No sacrifice, no degradation and no bliss will exist beyond our reach. I have such sights to show you all, my sons." –Fulgrim, spoken at the stage of La Fenice

"There will come a day when we are not bound by the wills of those child-gods. For now, we must do as we have learned to – prosecute their wars, pretend we are the masters of our own fate." –Eidolon, prior to the defense of the Kalium Gate

WIP Log: Something Wicked This Way Comes

ECPHBanner.pngECBanner.jpg

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
Somehow or another the Kansas thread got merged with the Arkansas thread. And I think there was a previous Kansas thread that I can't seem to find anymore.

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

Sallies4Life

Sallies4Life

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
I live in Lonoke, and I am looking for a good core of gamers to play with. I have an extensive Salamanders army, with some other goodies (FW Reaver and Warhound), as well as some IG and SoB. I'm currently doing maintenance on my army, and the titans need to be assembled, but if anyone wants to throw down, give me a holler.
Hey, look! A signature!

Boramar

Boramar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
So i have to fly out to Little Rock Sunday 10/7 and ill be there for 4 days. Anyone know if there is any good game stores there? And would it be worth me taking my stuff with me?

arizonajirt

arizonajirt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts
is there any clubs or gaming groups in the FT Smith/ Ozark area?

ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg

ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012c.jpgETL_Banner_05_Champion_05_AoD.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013a.jpgETL_Banner_05_Champion_05_AoD.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2014e.jpgETL_Banner_05_Champion_05_AoD.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg

saturnine

saturnine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts
There was/is one in Ft. Smith called Warheads (River Valley Gaming), but I havn't had a chance to go there recently.

Most of the people used to play at Hobby Town USA since Pow! gaming closed it doors, was a sad day. I'd suggest going to Hobby Town on the weekend. I work every weekend, so it's hard to say what is exactly going on.

arizonajirt

arizonajirt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts

There was/is one in Ft. Smith called Warheads (River Valley Gaming), but I havn't had a chance to go there recently.

Most of the people used to play at Hobby Town USA since Pow! gaming closed it doors, was a sad day. I'd suggest going to Hobby Town on the weekend. I work every weekend, so it's hard to say what is exactly going on.

awesome, thanks. i should be moving out that way in the next 3-6 months.

ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg

ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012c.jpgETL_Banner_05_Champion_05_AoD.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013a.jpgETL_Banner_05_Champion_05_AoD.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2014e.jpgETL_Banner_05_Champion_05_AoD.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg

RastlinD

RastlinD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts

Hey guys I might be moving out to Fayetteville, Arkansas soon and I wanted to see if there was anyone out there who played warhammer. Also is there a store in the area that hosts events or has tables? Thanks!

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts

Wasn't this previously a Kansas thread?

“I bring you the symphony of war, the bliss of ecstasy and the rapture of a pain-filled death to our enemies.” –Fulgrim, prior to the raid of Prismatica V
"No sacrifice, no degradation and no bliss will exist beyond our reach. I have such sights to show you all, my sons." –Fulgrim, spoken at the stage of La Fenice

"There will come a day when we are not bound by the wills of those child-gods. For now, we must do as we have learned to – prosecute their wars, pretend we are the masters of our own fate." –Eidolon, prior to the defense of the Kalium Gate

WIP Log: Something Wicked This Way Comes

ECPHBanner.pngECBanner.jpg

RastlinD

RastlinD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts

The thread was labeled Arkansas but after reading through it there appears to be talk about both. Sorry if I asked in the wrong place.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

This thread IS the Arkansas thread. When I got here there were two separate Arkansas and Kansas threads, and then someone merged them into one Arkansas thread, probably someone not in the US confused by the similarity of the names. I restarted the Kansas discussion with its own thread elsewhere.

RastlinD

RastlinD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts

Cool thanks for clearing it up for me.... that being said looks like there might not be anyone with any knowledge of Fayetteville and the warhammer scene. I am starting to get worried now.

Kelly502

Kelly502

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Bentonville, AR.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women. That is what's good in life.

Kelly502

Kelly502

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Gamers Utopia in Rogers, Shannon moved back from Florida, so the gaming tables in the back are a bit cluttered, he'll fix that shortly.

I painted up the Citadel Modular table in an ash gray color to give a bit more life, sorry Warhammer Fantasy players... :P  I also talked to Shannon about getting some Frontline Gaming matts for the tables. Trying to liven it up a bit, I haven't played there yet but soon. I would like to get the 40K up and running there.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women. That is what's good in life.

Calistarius

Calistarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 404 posts
Hey guys, are there any groups in NWA still active? I'm working on getting my army back up and running. I just want to get a feel for what the area looks like now.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me." - Frank Costello