Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it just me or ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

SonOfFenris

SonOfFenris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Especially for me and my wolves i don't understand why but just those Obliterators and then the Beserkers and if they chose to take a Greater Daemon. Its just really cheesy to me i mean even if i do get in there the Beserkers will most likely tear me up. And if i don't then the Obliterators will blast me up with plasma guns or something of the sort. I love my wolves and i will not quit playing them but for me they kind of seem really weak compared to most armies now. Does everyone belief the new codex will change this? I sure hope so. I know all this really is probably only my fault seeing as I am not very experienced but i just don't know what to do anymore...
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on."

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
Please dont turn this in a Chaos sux and what not thread

We do suffer for our old dex, stuff is expensive and we miss a lot of the cool rules that codex marines get, we will have to do and some of us still win a lot of games, so it can be done. But its always hard to fight a newer dex, most of the time GW makes the latest dex one of the best, and chaos isnt that old
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SonOfFenris

SonOfFenris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Yeah this isn't a Chaos sucks thread i like some chaos type stuff. But yeah i love my wolves we just need a new codex or something.. ive been loosing against everything left and right *sigh* i feel like a failure to Russ
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on."

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
I constantly got handed my ass on a weekly basis by demons and chaos. You learn best by bleeding a lot. Now I am 4-0 against them.

Shooty. Got shooty, shooty, shooty - AC's and HB's and Drop Pod all over them. there is another thread with how to beat demons here somewhere. I put a couple of pointers there too.
For the Wolftime, praise Russ!

In Russ we trust, all others kiss my axe.

SonOfFenris

SonOfFenris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Its not so much that i lose its just im sick of loosing because i cant seem to do anything about it, but i belive i will try drop pods i have heard good things.

JCarter

JCarter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 402 posts
Johnny Wolf, when you say you're 4-0 now against Chaos, is that tourney or pickup play?

Utsujin

Utsujin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
How do you think GK players like myself feel?

Yea, the space wolf dex, and inquisition dex will be one of the better codexes as they'll be one of the later ones.

You'll have to due with shooting the zerkers, and combating the oblits, which shouldn't be hard for you.
‘In the name of the Inquisition, I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to oblivion.’
The few, the proud, the Inquisition players....

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
Actually when I still played my World Eaters army I dreaded facing Space Wolves, especially with their ability to nuke my bloodthirster with the wretched WTN. :blush: Undivided on the other hand can be a bit more tricky because they can have things like oblits, raptors, lots of shooty goodness and all those lesser daemons.

When facing chaos daemons, try to spread out more, trying to limit the space for them to DS in and "control" where they land, then be ready with lots of firepower when they land. :D

Against chaos it depends on the lists, but more often than not your HtH units will do better than their HtH and greater daemons can be a pain, but just remember to kit your WGL's with some punch to handle them (WTN is always nice against WS 10 ;) )

I can't really elaborate when you haven't given a list of the chaos/daemons you face and your list.
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,586 posts
Yeah, SonofFenris, it´s just you. ^_^ :cuss . My last six games against chaos i had won wit nearly no or only few casualties. Chaos had become weak. DP had become softlings now on their old days. and those summoned greater daemons... iwant talk about it. It´s a shame.
I´m of to work now, but i will post some of my experiences and tactics later.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Brother SRM

Brother SRM

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,463 posts
I played a 1500 point game against Slaanesh - noise marines and terminators.
I killed 4 guys and knocked an arm off his defiler. I summarily lost everything in my entire army.
When you fight an army that shoots more than you and fights faster in hth, how the hell can you win?
Trust me, I'll be leading the charge of people crying that Chaos are grossly overpowered, but that's codex creep. Newest dex is almost always the best one (except the daemons one, I barely know anyone who noticed it come out at all)
However, bashing other armies is frowned upon by the mods, this thread is gonna get melta'd.
Space Wolves: Wins 9 | Losses 11 | Draws 5
Crimson Fists: Wins 14 l Losses 10 l Draws 5
Dark Angels: Wins 37 | Losses 16 | Draws 11
Orks: Wins 9 l Losses 2 l Draws 2

Catachans: Under construction!

SPEHSS MAHREENS, WE FIGHT FER DA EMPRA! - My flash cartoon, Warhammer40k: Dawn of Awesome
My 40k flash cartoon - SRM 40k
My other cartoons

SonOfFenris

SonOfFenris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Like i said earlier this thread is in no way meant to bash Chaos at all.

Ragnars Claw

Ragnars Claw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 954 posts
I have to agree with those who say chaos is weak now. Much weaker than their old codex in fact.

Daemons on the other hand im not sure. I certainly think we have the edge on a pure khorne force or a pure nurgle force. Not played Zteentch or Slaanesh yet so cant comment on those.

I imagine our new codex will make us weaker though, not stronger.

Edited by Ragnars Claw, 30 July 2008 - 06:27 AM.

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
Weak I wouldn't say, if the right combination of troops is used they can be devastating.
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
Just hold tight and prepare to do payback time when our new codes arrives. Keep in mind that Spacewolves are also Spacemarines and they get some great new toys to play with.
There are no Deamons in 40k

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
I have only played the new Chaos marines once now, a annihilation mission.

i got 5 kill points to his 3 ( i lost my scouts, my first attempt with 6 blood claw jumpers with wolf guard, and a rhino)

i do want to say plague marines are a bit ridiculous. T5, 3+ armor, fearless, and feel no pain. it took my grey hunters of 10 plus wolf guard and wolf guard battle leader to kill 7 of them in CC.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Ladislao

Ladislao

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 740 posts
i do not find chaos too hard... ok, in previous edition the classic list 2 daemon princes with lash, 9 obliterators and 2 troops was impossible to defeat, but now they are forced to take more troops and with the feel no pain nerf and all the plasma we can get...

No matter how hard the BT's try to be better than SW's. SW's will always be just a little better. Such is the way of life and the many mysteries of the universe. Where it would appear to be common sense, it is not. This isn't a matter of common sense; it's a matter of accepted fact.

So stop wasting countless hours of wondering why, and accept the truth of this mysterious fact of life. We all know those hours could be better spent painting.

Are you an italian player from novara? concatc me, we are looking for new friends!!

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
Wip and 1000 sons is the new way for most Chaos to replace the wip and obliterators, those bolters hurt
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts

Johnny Wolf, when you say you're 4-0 now against Chaos, is that tourney or pickup play?

Pick-up play.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

I have only played the new Chaos marines once now, a annihilation mission.

I got 5 kill points to his 3 ( i lost my scouts, my first attempt with 6 blood claw jumpers with wolf guard, and a rhino)

I do want to say plague marines are a bit ridiculous. T5, 3+ armor, fearless, and feel no pain. it took my grey hunters of 10 plus wolf guard and wolf guard battle leader to kill 7 of them in CC.

wolf lord kieran

My buddies list for plague marines is something like, land raider with PM's inside, 2 PM squads outside, DP with goodies, nice squad size of PM's in TDA, GUO and some havocs.

The GUO died right away in HtH to my WGL with WTN and power fist ^_^ , most of the PM's (especially the ones in TDA) died to plasma fire (My favorite units are GH's with 2x plasma pistols and a plasma gun) and I had my WGBG squad in TDA 3 with AC (WGBL had one) and the other 2 had combi-plasma, these made SHORT work of the PM's.

I've played every list so far but noise marines, they're not common here as most believe they were the most "nerfed" than the other 3 and I have to agree with them, (I'm just glad I sold my pink guys with guitars before this came out :P ).

I fear none, but if I did then it'd have to be 1k sons, the LoC can be the most survivable and a lot of those psychic powers from the sorcerors can hurt (I usually try to bring my Rune priest with runic staff), I know that my buddies Nurgle list isn't the best, but I think I have enough plasma to take care of them just the same.

The nerf is also in not being able to use their daemons, no more slanesh bikers in 2+ armor turbo boosting up, then unloading a crap ton of daemonettes with the old rending rules to cloud a sunny day. <_<
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Jonny Wolf

Jonny Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,238 posts
As a side note IMHO to beat chaos you have approach the fight balanced. Maximize your shooting...through 2 or even 3 turns. Let them come to you, then release the wolves and finish them off with the hammer of CC.

Edited by Jonny Wolf, 30 July 2008 - 12:34 PM.

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
@Wolf89: yeah, plasma sounds like it would work. i dont use plasma pistols, and barely use plasma guns. i have too many horror instances of rolling a stupid amount of 1's with plasma and losing my GHs. i prefer meltas and flamers. mostly flamers.

my opponent list was:
Sorcerer
2 deep striking obilterators (deep struck separetly)
1 squad of plague marines with 2 plasma guns
2 Rhino Mounted squad of Plague Marines with 2 plasma guns each
Vindicator Tank

my list was:
(WGBL
Ven Dread
2 GH packs, 9 strong with Rhino, both with WGPL (bolter power fist) 1 plasma gun 2 power weapons
1 GH pack 10 strong with WGPL (bolter power fist) 1 melta gun 2 power fists (anti tank/walker squad)
4 Scouts, 2 plasma pistols, 1 melta
Blood Claw Jump Packs x 6 1 flamer, 1 power fist, WGPL (thunder hammer and bolt pistol)

the scouts made combat first with the non-mounted PM. the lost combat (on the charge too) but held. they were wiped next round. he deep struck a obliterator near my ven dred, but scattered out of melta gun 2D6. he did prevent my dread from shooting, but not from tearing the obliterator apart on my next turn. the dred was wasting lascannon bolts on the vindicator tank, which i shook but it ignored due to daemonic possession. the scouts appeared, failed to kill the vindicator tank. did kill the vindcator tank on the next rurn, but chaos sorc. turned a scout into a spawn. the 3 scouts killed the spawn in CC, but lost 2 of the scouts. the GHs in the Rhino killed the other deep striking obliterator, while the other mounted GH killed the other Rhino PM (with the help of S5 frost axe WBGL). the running GH wiped out the non-mounted PM who killed the blood claws.

the game ended at the end of turn 5, with his sorc and mounted plague marines still alive. i had lost all of my scouts, my blood claws, a immobilised Rhino and 9 of 10 GH were killed.

a win for me.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy