Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does anyone still play 13th?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Byrne

Byrne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 342 posts
Or maybemore important, does anyone let you? now with scout rules let you all come infrom the side, I bet a lot of players have a say in this.

what have you met?

My group won´t let me with the vague side from GW, and the new rules put a stop to this...
Trough the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
I've played some games, and it's not mandatory to outflank, and I don't put my whole army in reserve because a whole outflanking army can easily be beaten with the right tactics.

Can you play them in RTT's? No, but you can in normal tournaments if the host lets you.
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Byrne

Byrne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 342 posts
I feel it´s a bit sad, I do love my 13th, but it feels like they are getting futher into the warp. I sure gw keep them somhow in our nex codex.

@wolf89, how do you think they do under the new rules?
Trough the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes.

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,241 posts
I still play 13th. I won alot of games (against noobs) with them.. They are still a viable force to play with
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

@wolf89, how do you think they do under the new rules?

I had the balls to take them to a RTT a few weeks before 5th came out and pulled out somehow at 4th out of 47, I have yet to play them in a Tournie style for 5th as they're not technically allowed (unless runners allow it). If I DID take it though, and I faced similar lists to what I've been facing then I'd say they'd do mid-range.

You gain a lot with "run" rule, outflanking, and combat results, but not being able to consolidate into another combat is just killer, especially if you're numbers are already small and you have lots of shooty waiting for you.

The key with my list is I run A LOT of fenrisian wolves, so most combat consolidations don't leave too many un- attacked units that can just open fire upon my units.
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Coverfire

Coverfire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 869 posts
I have a 5th edition tourny in three weeks where I will take my 13th Company.
I do not have high hopes as I have still yet to field 13th Company in a practice match as they
are slowly being painted and also because this will be my first tournament. Still it will be a bit
of fun.
QUOTE (OnlyInDeath @ Jul 1 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just personally love the fluff factor that our Primarch returning will set in motion the final battle for humanity, where existence itself is on the line. So our primarch is a complete harbinger badass. What's yours got? Nuttin.

wiplash

wiplash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,284 posts
13th comp will certainly be in the new dex especially with the fact that they heavily tie in with the where abouts of russ
sadly i have a hunch that they will be like harlequins and legion of the damned in the fact that they will be an elites choice, although it would be a nice surprise if they tied them bothin with the codex include a wulfen lord ect. hopefully sternhammer will be there too thats more of a hope though

5th ed SW : 19/4/1 (W/D/L)
6th ed SW : 0/0/1 (W/D/L)

Richie

Richie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
I was just looking at putting together a 13th company... I know they get the scout rule but i think i remember reading that regardless of the mission restraints.. they have to set up everything they have on the table at the start of the game... (and they then get the scout move with some limitations). Still I think there is alot to be said for using the gate tactic to gain a last minute objective and wulfen are just nasty!

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
I have to agree the "gate" really is amazing and it's gotten me out of combat in situations where my guns would be most effective. :lol:

Taking objectives is also nice, I can use my whole force to destroy the enemy then gate a squad back to my side to take an objective last turn. :huh:

wolfkin77

wolfkin77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
They have Sternhammers wolfin guard so they probly will include them just dont know how.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

They have Sternhammers wolfin guard so they probly will include them just dont know how.

It also makes me giddy that the wulfen in that list have Rending! ;) Would really increase the way I think about the wulfen lord with masses of wulfen! :blush: